He is an eccentric genius and international private detective, reputed to be the world's greatest...

>He is an eccentric genius and international private detective, reputed to be the world's greatest, who takes on cases that have stymied national governments and Interpol.
kek

AYO HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE SOLVIN CRIMES N SHIT NOW

Will they have him compulsively eat fried chicken instead of candies?

I'm glad they're going with a normal person.

Pretty tired as seeing anyone intelligent played as if they are on the autism spectrum.

and you're a Sup Forumsedditor lmao

>smart blacks don't exist
K

>Death note live action adaptation
Why?
Just adapt something that hasn't been adapted before and that people actually like.

>this sure doesn't look like the character at all, but atleast he is black!

"Netflix is not an agenda pusher" said user.

This.

Everytime a show is done with a smart guy they make it seem like the dude is autistic or has horrible social skills. There's tons of smart people in real life who are very charismatic.

>my autism prevents me from enjoying remakes if there is any change at all
K

Ayy L's pretty autistic fàm. But I used to get mad when I'd lose at vidya and break shit so I am autism as well.

Scarlett Johansson is playing an Asian character in ghost in the Shell but I won't complain about it because it's only bad when it's replaced by a black person

There was a lot of backlash.

But did you complain ?

>the robot is asian

Oh no, something has changed in geek culture.

We must immediately whine and bitch to the internet, that will fix things.

Not all geniuses are, sure, but L is definitely autistic desu

No, because I'm not a autist who complains at every race change. But there was a backlash, there's no denying it.

>kek

You're doing great OP

>Being black means he isn't autistic.
From a few photos we know how he will be played.

Why cant the guy be asian? Or latino? Why does it always have to be a nigger!

I complained when 21 was whitewashed, but there's literally nothing wrong with casting ScarJo as a cyborg with no fixed ethnicity.

Find me a normal functioning person that thinks the way L does.

>Find a person in real life with plot magic levels of genius, luck etc

There was a LOT of arguments about that despite theh fact Major is caucasian in the anime but that was modtly because she is an ugly jew and bad actress but still
The problem is anime/manga L's personality doesn't seem to fit to a black person and he is black only because of sjw.

Are there studies that prove a black person can't be autistic?

all that matters is that it's a "person of color" remember. just ignore that that PoC means black male 99% of the time, that's not important. diversity.

not funny

I don't care because it's an adaptation. If it was set in Japan then of course all the castibg would be shit. Probably going to be shit though.

>I'm glad they're going with a normal person to play a character that is the very extreme end of autistic loner to the point where he sits his pasty pale ass on his chair with his knees up in hotels and communicates to people through a laptop while eating candy all day
Are you actually retarded?

call him N then

Except that mr robots, prison Break guy and others are all turbo chads

I really hope they have him doing all the weird quirky shit L does, like how he sits

itd alteast be funny to watch then

But L IS highly autistic

Less is more, I woulda stopped at the HOL UP. I'm still pleased tho.

i had to check if that bottom pic was edited. its not.

except when it's a white woman

disgusting

He looks like a poor man's Dave Chapel

Both good actors.

I'm interested to see what they'll do with it and while I agree the "hyper genius asspie" bullshit trope has been done to death by this point, I thought that was kinda the point of L's character.

Not that Death Note is particularly great material anyway, that's partly why I'm interested in it. What makes a good adaption or remake is doing the source material justice while still making it your own. If they manage to make N here an interesting character, I'll totally watch it. But if it's done for no reason other than 'hey guys, he's black!' then it'll be shit.

How would you do this though? Make him act just like L form the manga with all the fucked up posture and mannerisms or will they make him just a hip hop culture caricature that acts like Jaden Smith?

I doubt they'll be able to pull off L's weirdo autism without just making him a monotone Jesse Eisenberg from the facebook movie clone.

How many have you seen?

>calling him 'N'

Simple but effective.