just watch this 50 or 60 times instead. more enjoyable as well as more arousing

youtube.com/watch?v=pk33dTVHreQ

It's horrible. The subtlety of a bulldozer

>native village
EVERYTHING good
>white people
EVERYONE evil

If you like browsing reddit you will also like this movie

>Redpill me on this kino before I watch it! Don't worry, i'll be liveblogging as I go.

Jokes on you, I'm not watching it for a few days because I have other films too

Sleep:the movie

You wish. Too loud and tons of unnecessary cuts.
Not. Comfy.

It's least favorite Malick of mine. Kilcher has hell of a performance, but Farrell is godawful. It's also quite preachy, just like Tree of Life.

The sound design is very good, you probably have bad gear or had a retarded mixing on.

Tree of Life isn't remotely preachy, unless you mean in the sense of there being religious themes

Way of Nature vs. Way of Grace is quite preachy, black and white.

A lot of what he does in this movie and others looks at first like eye candy or exposition, but it is always symbolic and deeply meaningful. In this case, it is commentary about colonialism in general.

If he wanted to comment on colonialism more he should've made more allegorical film instead of TNW. It comes off very one sided, this isn't far off.

you say it's your least favorite but is it still worth a watch?

If you are looking for some instant gratification blockbuster popcorn film you are probably looking at wrong director.

If you want to get to know Malick more then yes.

I watched Malick's newest films first, so it was cool to see the style he use brought to the renaissance era. Totally unexpected. I thought it was going to be like The Patriot or Last of the Mohican's. I'm impressed with Malick's vision of the human condition and how his style really fits for almost all periods and situations.

The camera work and the way he plays with the dialogue through the subtle sounds all mingling together interstitially gives a an abstract but claustrophobic interpretation of our interactions. I feel like an alien watching a new metaphysical species that was dropped down to observe human behavior. And again, it is cool to see that he brought that vision to a different era of human history.

Now he needs to adapt Blood Meridian with NC-17 rating.

uses*
an*

I've already watched Tree of Life and Thin Red Line so I decided to watch this next.

I know I should go chronologically but history and Indian movies interest me

It's enjoyable if you love Malick films, though it's worth noting that Tree of Life does everything this movie does but better.

If you've seen Malick movie's before then how the fuck did you imagine this would be anything like the Patriot or Last of the Mohican's?

It is pretty nice to watch hronologically, puts To the Wonder and Knight of Cups to perspective and you can see some late career Malick in his earlier films like Badlands and DOH

I'd say all three, TTRL, TNW and TOL were just trying to develop the style he *got* in TTW and KOC

My logic was that Malick got better, thus his newer movies would be better. I also for some reason grouped Lynch and Malick together, thinking that The New World was going to be a like Dune.

I also saw a lot of people say it was his worst, so I also came in with low expectations. I thought it was going to be a live action remake of Pocahontas

Can't wait for Weightless and "Radegund"

It's true, the native american society was much more brutal than portrayed, but the real worst of it was in the southwest... the northeastern tribes didn't do as many appalling acts.

His worst by far.

dude do you mean u gotta SMOKE a joint to sit through his movies comfortably. Lol!