WE

WE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kmDuPccLON4
youtube.com/watch?v=qqis14Y0tUc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off.

*smacks lips*

Thing is, Elba looks like a fucking badass here, but he's not Roland. Not even fucking close. If I hadn't ever heard of the series, I'd probably be really intrigued by all these photos and shit that's floating around out there, but nothing about this looks or feels like The Dark Tower to me. It's depressing.

I don't really mind, honestly
Could be interesting

I'm sick of all this black-dirtying in Hollywood.
>we need more diversity in hollywood
>let's just change this white character to a nigger instead of actually doing something truly progressive

The Dark Tower started strong and utterly failed under the weight of Kings ego. The fact this even exists is bewildering, totally separate from any actor involved.

I'm more pissed off about how shitty that Flagg looks.
So which book are they starting with? I remember them stating they are going to skip over The Gunslinger or something silly like that.

>Mfw I've read all the books, am absolutely fine with Roland being black.
I mean, it's not what I thought he'd look like, but, I'm cool with it.

McConaughey will make a great gunslinger

>Mfw I've read all the books, am absolutely fine with Roland being black.
>I mean, it's not what I thought he'd look like, but, I'm cool with it.
Same.

There are far too many things that I suspect just will not work on film to really worry about Black!Roland.

Man, I feel you. Never read the series, but it's looking dope to me, so I'll watch it. But if I was in your shoes and they changed my favorite character of a book series I loved, I'd be pissed too.

I honestly don't mind Elba as an actor, he's pretty damn good, I would've liked to have seen some confirmed canon Battle of Jericho Hill thing involving a new Gunslinger and Flagg would be cool to set things up for the rest of the Dark Tower series.

>Implying I'm going to watch yet another "Idris Elba is hired to race bait and drum up controversy to trick people into seeing a movie that only die hard fans would have otherwise given a shit about" movie
The guy is a solid actor, but let's be completely honest here. His entire career since Thor has been starring in movies that are outright intended to make white people mad.

Stephen King is a full blown cuck anyway, who cares. I can't enjoy a lot of stuff I used to anymore. Haven't watched GoT since the whole cast did promotion work for that jewish mass immigration charity.

>The Dark Tower started strong and utterly failed under the weight of Kings ego
I couldn't agree more.
The worst thing about The Dark Tower is Stephen King in every way.

>I told you to stop taking notes on a criminal fucking Conspiracy

Indeed. Any change is potentially for the better. Especially if King isn't directly involved.

>complaining about trolls
>on Sup Forums
Idris is GOAT black actor.

I say things started to go south in the second last book. I honestly think Wolves of the Callah has some of the most underrated action scenes in the series, the whole Seven Samurai style adventure was pretty fun. People just plain don't seem to like it because of Callahan's backstory for some reason.

I'm also one of those rare few who liked the ending but didn't really care much for the content in the last book.

Where did I complain about trolls? I said he his only hired because people know they can race bait at maximum efficiency with him in their movie.

In fact, I actually acknowledged he was a good actor in that post. I just don't think he is going to be a truly great actor until he stops gunning for protest roles.

The ending was utter shit.
The """fight""" with the Crimson King was one of the biggest let downs I've ever read.

Also, the ending King begrudgingly gives after the ending was equally terrible.

>Also, the ending King begrudgingly gives after the ending was equally terrible.
There are a lot of shit things in TDT, but that "final" chapter is the fucking worst.

Roland's race actually matters, though. Black Roland ruins the racial dynamics between the main characters. One of the most important relationships in the series (Roland+Susannah) is intensely racist in the beginning. Now they're either going to cut race out entirely or (knowing Hollywood, this one is the most likely) double-down on it by making Susannah white and having her call him a nigger all over the place. Her being white would in turn cheapen her relationship with Eddie, which is supposed to overcome their differences. Black Roland is a domino effect. I fucking love Elba, but making Roland black for shits and giggles was a terrible idea cooked to sell a series some fat cats clearly didn't have any faith in.

>I honestly think Wolves of the Callah has some of the most underrated action scenes in the series, the whole Seven Samurai style adventure was pretty fun. People just plain don't seem to like it because of Callahan's backstory for some reason.
I love Callahan, and his story. Wolves is pretty okay.

Honestly, I feel like it's pretty hard for me to pull out the stuff that I -really- dislike.

Too Autistic, didn't read.

Adaptations change shit. Deal with it.

I'm as Sup Forums as they come but I just can't hate based Elba.

I can feel that ancient saltiness and bile rising up min me from remembering that.

"you sure you wanna turn the last page? You won't liiiiiiiiiike it! TEE HEE"

CUNT

I don't even remember most of the things happening in book six aside from the thunderclap thing and Mordred being born. I need to go and re-read this series.

Also read The Wind Through the Keyhole a couple months ago after putting it off for so long because it being "new King". I actually really enjoyed that one quite a lot, quality is definitely around that of the first three books and the fantasy story was kind of fun.

Honestly, I don't mind Elba's casting because I figured that stuff was already butchered and/or totally cut before they even started considering actors.

The books are a crazy mess stretching over multiple real-world decades, and dealing with all kinds of shit that isn't going to fly for a major studio - it's all a part of their charm.

But anyone who thinks we'd get anything approaching a close adaptation is kidding themselves.

DARK
BLACK
COCKS

just cuck my shit up

There's been some okay "New King", though I think Joe Hill does "classic King" better than his dad now.

WotC was good, but I didn't like how the journey felt like it came to a total pause there. It might not seem like a big deal, but King should've known to keep them moving forward at all times. There's too much at stake for their little vacation in the Calla to not cause some impatience.

>Being THAT guy
Adaptations are supposed to change things for the better, or to tinker stuff just enough to work on the screen and within the industry. Sorry criticism triggers you.

>But anyone who thinks we'd get anything approaching a close adaptation is kidding themselves.
You're right. All I want is to basically see the comics on the big screen, not whatever this is. I'm sure it'll be fine, but it won't really be The Dark Tower. This definitely should've been a TV series.

Stephen King is an excellent storyteller who's decent with words, but Joe Hill is an excellent storyteller and a true wordsmith. He's easily one of my favorite writers still kicking right now. He's closer in talent to Bradbury than he is to King.

>Where did I complain about trolls? I said he his only hired because people know they can race bait at maximum efficiency with him in their movie.
This is some top tier delusion and paranoia right here. Nobody gives a fuck about a racist minority being pissed off at a competent black actor being hired to play the role of a fictional character. Idris makes money, that's what matters to them, and until we start seeing dumbshit headlines like the ones for Ballbusters there's no meat at all on your little theory.

King is virtually Japanese in his ability to write good endings.

>Idris makes money
Prove it.

>Criticism
Invalid criticism.
You're basing your whole idea on "not muh dark tower" and assumptions.

Until we see the final piece, we have no way of knowing if this is better or worse.

Considering how badly king fucked the series, I can't imagine it being worse.

>Stephen King is an excellent storyteller who's decent with words, but Joe Hill is an excellent storyteller and a true wordsmith. He's easily one of my favorite writers still kicking right now. He's closer in talent to Bradbury than he is to King.
That's a perfect description of it, thank you.

>until we see the movie, nobody is allowed to speculate or express concern regarding any choices they might've made that might make for a lesser film than could've been
Cool. Why are you in this thread again?

I don't see what the big deal is.

>I want to be triggered
Why?

Niggers taking the white man's roles.

more like everyone including white women taking over the white man's role but not the other way around

It's a pretty big deal, but I would only care when source material not the utter shit.

Yeah and?

Either race matters and we have the right to be mad about this or race doesn't matter and niggers don't have a right to be mad about white people being cast in "black roles".

Remember goyim, you don't get to have your own societies or cultures anymore. You have to share with the cultural enrichers.

Seriously though, whites need to start doing what the jews did: become "a nation within a nation," one that is money and culture oriented, and that floats on the top of society.

if you need something done, you have to do it yourself
go on senpai

>we have the right to be mad about this

It's just basically bait to stir racial tensions, and make people who would oppose the white population replacement programs look bad.

If you want to be mad, be mad about real political shit. Like Merkel's openly genocidal betrayal of Germany. Forget about entertainment oriented race bait.

So wait, McConaughey is in it? Why isn't he the one playing Roland?

>White population replacement programs

Anywhere else I'd assume younwere kidding. Here I'd be almost certain youre a flat earther.

I'm gonna make my money and have my white family. You should do the same, and encourage others to do the same. We're just little people. If TPTB want to take European peoples' countries away from them, what can we really do to stop them?

They can't stop us from working hard and being successful, though. And this should be the focus of white nationalism, instead of hysterical hatred of others.

Damn they look tacky. That terrible vest, McConaughey's 90's style haircut, that terrible font they used for "Dark Tower" etc.

Whoops, looks like I have an illegal opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=kmDuPccLON4

>Flat Earth
Imo, this is one of the bogus conspiracies spread by the elite, so that people don't start taking other, more important, real conspiracies seriously. Like, the moon landing shit: forget about that. What does it matter? Find out who killed JFK. Find out who's covering up the government pedophile rings.

This just makes me wanna start up New Vegas again and make an Idris Elba NCR Ranger. He looks cool as fuck.

OK user, keep that tinfoil hat shiny and don't let the lizard people getcha.

Yeah, I saw that, too. It's badass and all, but the funny thing is that even the NCR ranger armor is more appropriate for Roland than this is.

The original user he responded to here.

None of this changes the fact that either white people are allowed to be mad when black people are cast as white characters or black people aren't allowed to be mad when white people are cast as "black" characters.

If absolutely nothing else, I at least can form my own opinions, instead of repeating the dogma verbatim.

I feel you senpai.
Roland is a very nuanced character. Perhaps the only truly great character King ever came up with in-between creating his boring redneck stereotypes. The whole Dark Tower saga is basically his personal journey, with everything else being a backdrop. The ending is fitting extremely personal for Roland. There's absolutely no way Elba and his meme acting will show any of it through, he's going to be badass nigga cowboy and not much else.

Threadly reminder that SJWs don't actually care about blacks getting more work in Hollywood, and for them it is 100% all about "stickin it" to those damn dirty white online trolls.

Threadly reminder that championing minorities is just a means to an end for miserable SJws to get their online jollies off.

>Allowed

Who decides this? You? Me? The powerful elite, the international class of billionaires who meet secretly every year to determine the global agenda of the first (and third) world. They decide who is "allowed" to believe and say what.

If you want even the slightest semblance of fairness, base your life around ownership and property laws. The elite's power is essentially monetary, so they've made 100% sure that the laws surrounding property are iron clad. We can also benefit from this.

If your identity, your freedom, and your beliefs are directly tied to property and finance, then the courts will go to bat for you.

Definitely. It should've had that tan color for the duster and wearing the riot armor underneath. Shit looks so cool.

I feel like there was a general agreement among almost everyone who's read the books about what Roland looked like. I mean, he's pretty well described in them. I just don't see why the people casting it would throw it in the readers' faces. It seems pointless.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I would rather see mcconaughey's and elba's roles switched. Or just Elba gone completely. The Man in Black looks like a fucking street magician or a background mutant in an X-Men movie.

Society decides this.

Setting aside the fact that there actually are hate crime laws in many countries, permission is generally derived from the hoards of pissed off multicultists that will egg your house and shit dribbly Quorn through your letter box if you say anything that even remotely offends them.

>They're doing this just to play grab ass with us

Lol, no. It's alot more complicated than that. Many of these types legitimately believe that all this shit helps >those poor, poor, helpless negroes in some way.

I mean, their politics has a functional moral framework to a degree. The hologram of that has only very recently has started to fray, as groups like BLM take the premises of their belief to their logical extremes in the context of everyday society, where, to everybody but them, the absurdity of their projected victimization complex is apparent.

>Form your own opinions
By regurgitating conspiracy theory?
OK silly billy.

>a background mutant in an X-Men movie
Fuck, that hurt. You're too right. When I heard they'd casted he I was hoping that they were going to make him more suave, putting emphasis on his seductive aspects. Now he just looks like Christopher Walken, who, by the way, I would've preferred by a longshot.

I don't think a single person reading the books ever did picture Roland looking anywhere close to this, not even black readers. I like Elba as much as the next guy but I don't think I will be able to enjoy this movie at all due to him being cast as Roland, not that I ever had high hopes for it before they released the cast.

Is entire Gilead going to be BLACKED?
I mean it wouldn't make much sense for the ruling family be black and the rest of nobles white
Unless they pull Steven Deschain raising his wife's son

>Society decides this.

Sure, you could say that. But then it's a matter of HOW does society come to a consensus? And the answer to that is that the people with the most money, the most connections, the most influence have an extreme advantage in determining what direction society is going to "decide" to move into.

The fringe factions of the cultural marxist politics are not powerful people. They're not the movers and shakers. They're following a trend that has been established for them to follow. If they didn't have elite backing over the last 70 years, in media, in academics, in politics, all their shit would have gone pretty much nowhere.

This is what I don't understand. I know tonnes of blacks that disagree with this choice. I also know blacks that dislike black Captain America and black Wally West.

So who the fuck are they actually pandering to? Comic sales are going through the fucking floor.

hey guys, can someone tell me what is the dark tower in the movie?

>no surreal alien otherworldly aesthetic
>it all takes place in contemporary new york
Why even call it dark tower

his BBC

I don't think it was his ego that made the latter volumes so shitty compared to the first ones, King's writing suffered the longer he stayed sober, all of his newer shit is unentertaining drivel, even by shlock standards.

Roland is supposed to be old, tired, seen it all type. Doesn't look like this is the case. Also it's hard for me to imagine his voice without the accent.

The Dark Tower in a nut shell.
youtube.com/watch?v=qqis14Y0tUc

20 years of wandering in a desert turned him black. It fits

>By regurgitating conspiracy theory?

Regurgitating is seeing "a conspiracy theory" and going "lol tinfoil."

In order for me to believe, for example, the flat earth conspiracy theory, I have to sit down, go through a large quantity of information, comprehend it, internalize it, and then be able to repeat and argue it.

I mean, even if it's complete bullshit, as far as "regurgitation" goes, that's a much more respectable application of knowledge than "Lol XD you believe A that means you're B"

You see what I'm saying.

u srs?

kill yourself stupid cracker

there you fuckin race dynamics 101 on the internet

>Oh no white racists are being racist by our completely innocent and unprovocative racial recasting!
>We'd better all go spend $15 on this movie to show these evil white male nazis that we, the peacekeepers, are in charge!

Maybe this kind of thing is being done to intentionally create "controversy" (ie publicity) for these projects. All the while, allowing hollyweird to push its multicultural, globalist morality.

They won't change Susannah. She's the perfect sjw character. Female. Black. Disabled physically and mentally. Yet hot and stronk. She'll just call Roland some uncle tom mutha fucka.

The only thing autistic here is you friendo. Shouldn't you be in BvS slurping on some Hack Synder cock?

>I'm indoctrinated by the fringe, you're indoctrinated by society. My victim complex and need to feel special makes me feel right.

In a nutshell.

>Shouldn't you be in BvS slurping on some Hack Synder cock?

You understand that, in any real world situation, this kind of language automatically invalidates everything you're saying, even if you're arguing that the sky is blue?

You're just joking, right? You understand that you can't act like this in real life and be taken seriously? I mean, I'm just checking.

>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!:The post

>Globalism
>Bad
This meme...

Do you see green screen?

The problem with Wolves had nothing to do with Callahan. That and the weirdo vampires were the only interesting part.

The problem was that the series for no reason suddenly hit the pause button for a whole book to just do a remake of the Magnificent Seven.

I think you already know.

It's SUMMMMMMMER!!!!!

You missed the point, I'm sorry.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is ESEA. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

>Elba and his meme acting
what does this mean?

globalism is 'let's make all these perfectly fine white continents just as shit as the rest'

Generations and generations of Europeans fought and died so that we could have governments to call our own. It's extremely, extremely foolish to just give all that away to corporate, international bodies.

>ima good liberal
>i enjoy little azn kids making my iphones

They fought and died to prevent fascism from taking root. Based on the people here, they failed.