Le clever "idk" man

>le clever "idk" man

>le innocent naive muslim boy
>le manic pixie dream girl

BEST NEW SHOW

you're so knowledgeable about television and film tropes! please continue to explain to me how either of those characters fit perfectly into those archetypes and how everything in this show is stupid black and white bullshit!

>le manic pixie dream girl
She seemed more like a depressed and drug-abusing trust fund baby to me.

yeah what are people even talking about. a manic pixie dream girl is helpful to the protagonist in some way. this was just a crazy drug addict the guy was only interested in because she was hot

I know. The character definitely felt more like something out of a literary brat pack novel than an early-00s indie romcom.

So much this, it was a fresh new take with too much nuance for some people

one thing I didn't get was this guy was apparently a traditionalist devout Muslim who doesn't drink. so what the fuck was he planning to do at the Basketball American's party?

enjoy a party with his friends without the aid of alcohol.

It is physically possible user

>It is physically possible user
What do you do? Vape? I bet Nas would have vaped at the party. Those dirty Arabs love their hookah.

well I do drink but not often. Being the only sober guy in a room full of drunken fools can have its advantages

>Being the only sober guy in a room full of drunken fools can have its advantages
Yeah like a bunch of people looking at you funny and being bored.

Sounds like you need better friends.

Or at least older ones that have long since stopped caring about people that don't drink as much as they do.

yeah, no

she was troubled, and had a lot going for her, nice try

Sorry, let me rephrase.
>Being the only sober guy in a room full of drunken fools can have its advantages
Pic related is you.

hookah ≠ vaping

dummy

>hookah ≠ vaping
the principle is the same, faggot.

>reddit tier silly hat meme

Ah so this is why you don't know what parties are like, you're underage. It all makes more perfect sense now.

it's not. I smoke cigs and would never buy a real vape, but I love hookah.

>I'll go to parties and stand around watching people drink
FUN FUN FUN! THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE!

Weak baits.

i'm OP and I love the show, was just fuckin around