DNR

When will studios stop shitting up Blu-rays with DNR and realize GRAIN is GOOD?

Pic in an uncompressed image from the blu ray. Looks like shit.

>GRAIN is GOOD
No it's not.
That said if trying to remove it shits up the picture then removal is bad.
You either have high quality film or don't.

It's funny you mention Jurassic park, the first thing I noticed on the BR was the grain. Threw me back to VHS days and not in a good way. I've seen much older movies with much better quality.

the 35mm rip looks decently better

I guess it's the upscaling to 1080p that fucks it up.

35mm doesnt need to be "upscaled" though. It can be enlarged to any size and should still look as sharp regardless.

Checked it out.
It outputs REAL 4k (not that 4k marketing bullshit that's really 2k).
There is literally no excuse for shoddy releases.

its not so much the grain youre seeing but the blurred removal of it. just looks muddy overall

The JP Blus are generally shit
Someone uploaded a 35MM rip that is really good but needs some slight touching up
I wonder if any kind soul ever went to the trouble of doing that

That looks like fucking shit

>Grain is not good
t. dumbo

>I'm such an artist
I bet you put all your facebook pictures in grayscale too.

grain is a product of the medium. removing it destroys the image behind it

It needs some major work, here's how it looks uncleaned. Projector artifacts and weird colors

You literally have no idea of what you're saying. Which is very rare on Sup Forums, of course

Grain is not good in itself (since it's an unwanted artifact), but removal of grain hurts the image more than just leaving it alone.

>grain is a product of the medium. removing it destroys the image behind it
Yeah you're right. As I first stated it makes grain removal bad, but doesn't make grain good.

Youre right, I worded my original statement wrong. I was meaning that grain is good as it should be left on the film instead of actively trying to scrub it and making it worse

>mfw people defending DNR near me

what are some of the best non-DNR'd movies?

It doesn't

bump

>Legitimately looking into Laserdisc and HD Laserdisc for my home media needs because I'm sick of dealing with this shit

I can't be the only one, surely...

You can really see the dated CGI now. Raptors look horrifying.