When did conquering other countries become a "bad thing"?

When did conquering other countries become a "bad thing"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellogg–Briand_Pact
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When the media started showing the pictures to """intellectuals"""

WWI and the pact as a result
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellogg–Briand_Pact

this is the reason why japan recognizes the invasion of china in the 30s and ww2 as a "bad thing," but not things before that.

When they tried to fuck with the juice

After 1919, at least as far as developed countries are concerned.

>implying it was ever good

Tell me, how'd you like it if a foreign power started raping your countries resources, imposed a dictatorship like state on your people, subject said people to possible cultural and ethnic genocide?

I find people who think that colonisation is good to be fucking hypocrites because they whine about the good old days and then bitch about their countries being conquered.

Pathetic cucks.

>being this butthurt of the Emu War

yeah m8 i don't understand why everyone here hates refugees

Since countries have nuclear weapons and we don't want shit to get out of control and end up with a nuclear winter.

Since the development of photography. People were made aware of the horrors of war and occupation by the press.

because letting them in is treason

That's a badass outfit he's wearing there

>says the Australian

It is a bad thing from basically all perspectives. It creates instability for both the invader and the invaded. Not to mention death and regression. It was never a good thing, perhaps only in the case of invading someone with minimal conflict, death and destruction, to then exploit their resources. But generally it's a loss-loss for all parties. It was always a "bad thing". It's just those in power wanted to play dress-ups, after a while it became the norm to not be a fuckwit and not like dress-ups all that much.

Came to post this.

Since the end of WWI.

>tfw conqured by sweden only forced all shops to hold swedish products in stock

We got fucking genocided through the roof.

Since civilians were included in the war effort

relax, relax, this is a bait
i'm triggered too

WW2 was the time people got to experience the type of shit being treated like a colony pleb was like ie at the utter whim of the government and second class and lower citizens.

did it?

The economic incentive stopped. WW2 proved that it cost far too much to wage war against your competition, so everyone shifted to proxy wars, espionage, and competition on the global market.

You tell me

When people could see the carnage of war spread across the TV, photos in the newspaper, and internet.

You can't really change human nature though.

>humans became more sensitized about war terror, which lead to less wars
>you can't change "human nature"

People are able to ignore the consequences of their actions and act as a mob to beat their opponents to death. It requires more careful manipulation of the media to downplay the horrific nature of warfare and to cast it in a positive light. Propaganda has always been a thing but (in my uneducated opinion) reached its height in WWII.

People can be desensitized to the inhumanity of war and violence, and I believe people today are more desensitized than the generations following WWII (and possibly WWI).

It is human nature to dehumanize and brutalize people over arbitrary differences, just as it is human nature to empathize with suffering. How much the people lean in one direction or the other depends on the narratives they consume and their personal relations to the consequences of violence. Just because the desire for violence and conquest has been suppressed through the collective trauma of two world wars and media narratives about the hrrendous human cost of violence doesn't prevent people from falling into the same old traps.

>0.133
wow what a big number

you tell us

since we started to get conquered more often than we conquered others.

When Human Rights became a thing

>conqured by sweden
Revisionist much? Norway was peacefully purchased from Denmark. Iceland and Greenland should have been part of the deal. Cheap (((Danes))).

>this is a bait
you'd be suprised

Literally wrong.

When the Germans gave Communists half of Europe.

When you started murdering people

1919 and for america, 2003.

A lot of romans complained when Caesar conquered the Gauls. It was unfair, they'd done nothing to provoke it, innocent Gauls were being killed and enslaved, etc.

I'm pretty sure those people were his rivals in Rome.