Mitsubishi wants to build a new engine plant for €200mm in Eastern Europe...

Mitsubishi wants to build a new engine plant for €200mm in Eastern Europe. They're considering three countries and Slovakia is among them.

If this investment goes through, it would be the fifth large automotive plant in the country after Volkswagen, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, Kia Motors and Jaguar Land Rover.

We already produce the most cars per capita in the world. I don't think depending so much on a single industudry is the smartest idea. We should diversify or one day, we could end up like Detroit.

intellinews.com/three-cee-countries-compete-for-200mn-mitsubishi-engine-plant-116965/

why are they building it outside of japan? congrats slovakia

Probably for European market. Lots of international car-makers have plants in the US or Mexico.

I met a Slovak once.

Huge Russiaboo and he hated Polish people.

He gave me some poppy seed bread though.

Likely have little to no industry for it or anything like it.

What?

>200mm euro
what did he mean by this

€200 million. I made a typo. It was supposed to be mn.

What?

so why does car industry prefer slovakia among all eastern euros?

Before my current car I had a Mitsubishi (lancer) it was a very nice car. But I am now a Subaru guy.

which car do you like? Is Subaru the Goat?

We used to have a rather developed defence industry which collapsed after the fall of the Berlin Wall. Foreign auto-makers utilised existing expertise and production capacities.

Mitsubishi fighter planes when?

>Mitsubishi
>Japan
>No industry
>A company that literally built Battleships at some point

what are the other 2 countries they're considering?

Hungary and Romania. It's in the linked article.

why do you think Slovakia has better chances to be chosen than Hungary? Or even Romania

I don't. Read the OP. I'd like to see development of other sectors of our economy.

i'm not interested in car, so mine is a boring toyota :p
i know subaru has an enthusiastic fan base, which is called subarist here

Toyota makes reliable cars. I have a Volkswagen now and it's crap.

>or we could end up like Detroit
You already are barren, destroyed and full of gypsies. It couldn't get much worse.

Pajero is gone. Lancer Evo is gone. Colt is gone.
I wonder what they are doing on world market. Unbelievably in early 1990's they were the thied largest automotive maker following Toyota and Nissan but today, I can easily spend a day without seeing their cars on the streets.

It could... moar nigglets and achmeds will appear

They're picking the cheapest shithole they can find with proximity to Europe.

Euro

>€200m investment

lmao it's fucking nothing

Welp you are now one of the chepeast shithole in EU and with massive workforce and still nothing

Whats wrong Papadopulos?

We're not stabilized at the "shithole" level yet, and our government is not very predictable. Also we tax people more than they make, so there's that.

You are shithole already

Same shit as other balkan

You love Slovaks so much why don't you merge with them

More medals from ice jockey