Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HfwPTiKOitg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ignoring the fact that this gets posted way too often
no, he is arguably the best in his league

Of course he does

He's memely a sad joke in the /bleep/ scene

Dunno, ask his bank manager.

Which league? Techno? Nah. Ambient? Nah. Jungle? lol...

fuck no

by these retards, yes by these retards, no he is pretty good but he isn't the best of anything. some of his early tunes are great.

Yea

I just listened to SAWfor the first time and I was wondering, is this album generic sounding or was it copied so much it sounds generic at this point . If the former than yes if the latter than no

I've heard it best described as a "seinfeld's not funny" effect. He has so much fucking influence over the genre of electronic music as a whole that records like ambient works sound boring to many at this point, because other artists base their whole style off of what he did. But he still is brilliant.

Yeah but only because he has been eclipsed by other artists who have done it better.

>we're so contrarian XD

this whole thread.

>everyone should just kiss his ass and not criticize him

the comment

well he doesn't do shit about it and he never asked for it but yes kinda, not his problem nor mine though

Name one song that sounds like Xtal

youtube.com/watch?v=HfwPTiKOitg

Imagine going to a music shop 25 years ago, buying a record with that weird hand thingy on it, getting home, putting it on and hearing xtal come on.

Surely it would have blown your mind.

Fuck I had totally forgot about that album, Bpitch, Kompakt and Border Community were huge in my area when I started going out. Not him btw

>2006

are you saying no one was influenced by xtal?

Not in the slightest

Name one song that sounds like Xtal

If I knew any I wouldn't be asking :)

No song sounds like Xtal. Many have tried, but failed to replicate this sound.

Load up any modern video game YouTube video (whether it be for minecraft or COD) and you will find a laid back electro song in the intro that's obviously copying Xtal

no he's awesome his stuff is classic

I'd say he is overrated by people unfamiliar with the type of music, but rated about right by most people who have listened to lots of similar stuff.

what he does best in his scene isn't a genre, its plain old writing a good melody, consistently too. and the drum programming reflects this - a highly melodic style that you seldom see people pull off well.

i cant tell if youre being serious. you can find stuff much closer also made from the same time period.

All I can find is dubstep

>Load up any modern video game YouTube video (whether it be for minecraft or COD) and you will find a laid back electro song in the intro that's obviously copying Xtal
I'm more interested in similar sounding tracks which are equal in quality. Not cheap rip offs.
OP was saying it's generic sounding but nothing has come close to it in terms of quality so I'd say it's more unique than generic