Sup Forums, opinions on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9uxT0z-TDEk
youtube.com/watch?v=0SIqyp3GLd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really like it. Can't wait for the next one.

if i asked her on a romantic date would she say yes?

If you a girl

One of my favorites tbqh

Discovered it in January, listened to it about 40 times since then. One of those albums that was sorely missing from my library but I never knew.

I really love her voice and she seems like a properly chill dude. Shame she isn't as qt in real life as she is in the album cover.

it's pretty good. I can't really relate, I never reached that level of stupidity with all the drugs and suicide attempts

Talked with a guy who knew her before she released this and it was a pretty poor town from what he said. Only thing to do was drugs

I've really enjoyed this record, along with Funeral Pyre. Curious to see what she'll do next.

I love it. You just know she listened to dashboard confessional.

Great. I discovered Something and was hooked.

it's great

Very sweet and melancholic, I like it.

v good

It's so boring I listen to it as I'm going to sleep.

not that good, quite boring and empty

love it, her covers are amazing as well

youtube.com/watch?v=9uxT0z-TDEk

youtube.com/watch?v=0SIqyp3GLd0

Very good, but I'm concerned that with how personal it is, she may have exhausted her ideas on this first album.

i'm surprised to how much this album is liked here

i like it too
i wish she'd record an album with full band though

Nigga she from Memphis, I know alot of people there that know her.

My brother who lives in Memphis has meet her at a few different parties and said she got mad at him because she thought he was hitting on her. My brother was pissed because, 1. she is ugly and 2. he is gay.

I recently met some people who were in her last band, Star Killers (later become forriester), and they told me she recorded some songs with Andy Hull which I really want to hear.

i like it, happy to see all the positive responses. whenever i bring up this album, or julie byrne or wye oak on this board, for whatever reason i get flamed hard.

What about listen to some good singer songwriters like Clare Maguire and Fiona Apple.

Plebs. This shit is boring

Wye Oak is awful

It's nice desu, I found her through NPR Tinydesk and it was a good change because like 80% of tinydesk concerts are trash.

I usually don't go for this genre of music but I play her shit in the background from time to time.

asshole

the type of bitch to throw gum in your hair for not paying enough attention to her

She's a good songwriter but she has a bad case of "contemporary white girl voice". Keeps her songs from having enough charm to really stand their own like that IMO.

Either her delivery is gonna have to mature a bit or she'll have to get more ambitious with the instrumentation to really make a mark.

Surprisingly, the Christian themes don't bother me, it's a damn good piece of work. Her Audio Tree session is really good.

I really like Blacktop.

It's very bleak and hollow sounding, but completely full of emotion

literally hi-fi grouper

>She's a good songwriter but she has a bad case of "contemporary white girl voice". Keeps her songs from having enough charm to really stand their own like that IMO.
I call it "pseudo-black soul diva voice". It seems that Aretha Franklin killed modern female vocalists. If you can imitate or have a voice in a realm of hers, you're set. And you're also incredibly boring to listen to, because it has been done before.

Same for me. Her music really drew me in; I'm going to see her later this month, opening for the decemberists

It's really great. I've seen her live at a music festival one, she was good but kind of awkward.