Uh, is there a reason that these are the rankings? I just discovered RYM and am not familiar with the userbase...

Uh, is there a reason that these are the rankings? I just discovered RYM and am not familiar with the userbase, but I seriously doubt any sane person would rank Radiohead higher than... any of these albums. Like, is there some rigging going on?

Every website of popular culture based on rating is shit..
pic relate is the rym of literature

There's a lot to do with weighting of rankings and number of rankings and other things beyond just the raw score each has. They don't make all of it known in case of rigging, but they have recently done something to boost the rankings of more recent albums and hip-hop albums.

Radiohead is a great band tbqh famalam

implying that all websites are created equal

rym is more underground

I dont think there's a single radiohead album worse than wish you were here

Yeah, fair enough. But seriously? ITCOTCK? TVU&N?

At least they got OOTP being the best HP book right

Some people have different tastes than your's
Get used to it

Goodreads is absolutely embarassing though
RYM's list has a couple of great albums and all of them are at the very least good. Goodreads is just trash upon trash

Have you listened to OKC?

Also, I find rym scores generally very fair.

>Radiohead, one of the most popular and critically acclaimed bands of all time gets ranked very high on RYM.
>Radiohead gets ranked high by users because it's accessible music that normies and music fans can listen to and both get enjoyment from it.

Man, there is some serious rigging going on guys.

Yes because Goodreads is populated by SJWS and teenagers, which is why every trash young adult novel gets 5/5.

t. Radiofags

this is a useless post

RYM is literally no better than this. In fact this list is better because it has Pride and Prejudice, which is recognized as a literary classic. The RYM list has no music that is regarded as highly, just pseudo-avant pop stuff

>In 2013, The Dark Side of the Moon was selected for preservation in the United States National Recording Registry by the Library of Congress for being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

t. scaruffi drone

OK Computer and Kid A are probably the best albums out of those 6 though

>fucking radopleb above vu&n

yeah this will never not piss me off. but then again the majority of RYM users are 16-20 so radiohead being praised so much makes sense

Note the "or"

>Like, is there some rigging going on?

NOPE

The problem is that there are many guys there that dont rate what they hate.

As some example under same condition and on a site where people vote for best president, hittler would win since his fans would rate him with 88/100 and others that hate him wouldnt rate hittler
I also found strange that pink floyd, radiohead... and those mainstream bands would be at the top of the chart, I assumed that with fame you would bring the haters, but many dont rate what they hate, so this happens.
An solution to the problem is to weight your score based at the amount of albums you rated, or maybe based at the average amount of albums you rated per month

>Every website of popular culture based on rating is shit..
WTF are you talking about, range voting is one of the best voting systems ever.

You are a useless poster, Radiofag.

Fuck off avant-teen

>implying VU&N isn't a classic
O im laffin

>The RYM list has no music that is regarded as highly, just pseudo-avant pop stuff
Bullshit.

Nice try, Radiofag.

>>Radiohead, one of the most popular and critically acclaimed bands of all time gets ranked very high on RYM.

This method you talk about is approval voting:
"if like the band get +1, you dont the band get +0. You can like as many bands as you want and the one with most points is the winner."

Range voting is better approval voting.

It isn't in the same sense as a book like Pride and Prejudice

It's a classic of rock music, which isn't saying much in the grand scheme of things

Bruh imbd and goodreads are fucking awful. I consider rym a great and varied top 200 for a wide consensus.

Put Kid A at number 1 and OK Computer at number 2 and you've got a much more accurate list

WTF!? King Crimson at number 6??? This is a joke!! It shouldn't even make the top 100!

>An solution to the problem is to weight your score based at the amount of albums you rated, or maybe based at the average amount of albums you rated per month

RYM does this
There are no problems with RYM charts

>too obvious to be bait
>not funny enough to be a joke
what the hell are you aiming for with this, some sort of gay double reversal proto-irony?

Actually, the higest-rated album (with a large number of ratings, at least) is The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, Radiohead is only at the top because they're both critically acclaimed and listened to by almost everyone.

Top 100 of plebbery, then.

Stfu

pretty sure scruffles gave that a 10/10. Charles Mingus confirmed GOAT.
suck it radioplebs

When you rate an album negatively you are still helping the album. Higher number of votes helps albums move up the chart. Unless you make your rating like a .5 or something.

I bet if we have this thread again we'll get something out of it. Just one more time.