/bruce/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_mv46NwT4
youtube.com/watch?v=_mLmoR3WhX0
pointblankmag.com/2015/04/wikileaks-reveals-new-springsteen-contract-with-release-plans/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

adam sandler

RIP

I can't believe this

his book was pretty good. he probably smells like tobacco and cedar

I can't fucking believe this

Worst musical death in the last few years IMO

bruce springsteen is corny boomer music

Boring and bland in the extreme. Never heard anything worthwhile from this man.

plebs
l
e
b
s

nice try samefag

No u

This is his best no question

you joke but i will cry

The Boss is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_mv46NwT4

tunnel of love, my dude

Springsteen is the one artist I go full pleb for. Favorite album is Born in the U.S.A, favorite song is Dancing in the Dark.

youtube.com/watch?v=_mLmoR3WhX0

Has anyone else here listened to his cover of Suicide's Dream Baby Dream? It's pretty good t b h

I preferred the live version he did on the 05 tour.

thanks user, didnt know this one

Top 10 songs boys?

1. Thunder Road
2. She's The One
3. Badlands
4. Darkness In the Edge of Town
5. Born to Run
6. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
7. Lonesome Day
8. Dancing in the Dark
9. Hungry Heart
10. Jungleland

I can do a favorite song from his eight classic albums.

Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
Wild Billy's Circus Story
Backstreets
Badlands
Ramrod
Reason to Believe
Dancing in the Dark
Tougher Than the Rest

Bump, because I want to see answers to

In no particular order

No love for State Trooper here? I personally think it's one of his best

Hungry Heart
State Trooper
Johnnny 99
Dancing in the dark
Streets of Philadelphia
Atlantic City
The Ties that Bind
4th of July, Asbury Park
Growin up
The Wrestler

That's Leonard Cohen

>too dumb to be Dylan
>too pleb to be Tom Waits
The boss is a goddamn retard

>tfw Magic is some of the best post-ToL Bruce material but ruined by the horrible production and mastering job

Brickwalled to absolute shit

This is all I've listened to other than a few of his hits. Where do I go from here? Big fan of this album

TIL writing like you actually give a shit about something makes you "dumb"

Jungleland
New York City Serenade
Backstreets (Sad Eyes Interlude)
Highway Patrolman
Dancing in the Dark
Racing in the Street
Ties That Bind
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Born to Run
Jersey Girl (Live) or Something in the Night

Great song, but it reminds me of suicide too mich

His debut is kinda similar but that one is pretty unique in his catalog

Tom Waits is ultimate pleb, wants to be a good songwriter but cant so he has to hide it with his willy wonka and cawfee n cigarettes hack shit. rockn a fedodo in the 80's was just as autistic as it is now.

This is why I like Mule Variations, it feels the most divorced from that to me

>cawfee n cigarettes hack shit. rockn a fedodo
Springteen fans everyone, this is how they write

Springsteen = GOAT

wrong

Coffee and Cigarettes was good. Jarmusch is pretty consistent

This isn't youtube buddy. Are you fucking 60? it was clearly supposed to be for half hearted comedic effect, maybe I should have gone put it in quotations and added a "muh" so you understand this clearly very complex argument that Tom Waits is a grown man playing dress ups and pretending it's the 40's for a living.

Yeah, I agree he was always surprises me, I always expect kitsch for some reason but he's great and just keeps getting better. Patterson was fucking great.

springsteen sucks

>it was clearly supposed to be for half hearted comedic effect
Woah watch out Louis CK, we got a contender

Not them, but please leave

No, I think I'll stay!

backstreets
thunder road
incident on 57th street
the promised land
my father's house
hungry heart
dancing in the dark
roulette
born to run
4th of july, asbury park

What do you guys think we'll see from Bruce in the next year or two? We've been in nostalgia mode for quite a while now? Bruce first divulged the idea of a River box set in the pipeline in late 2013 and we're only just finishing that era now.

According to the wikileaks emails from 2015 though, Bruce is signed to Columbia until June, 2027 and was contracted for:

>[already done] 1 anniversary box set, with 3 CDs, for the The River album

>4 new studio albums (delivered at least 12 months apart)

>1 anniversary box set, with 3 CDs, for the Born in the USA album

>1 anniversary box set, with 2 CDs, for the Nebraska album

>1 box set with 3 or 4 discs with unreleased songs (the second volume of "Tracks" compilation)

>5 complete live-concert albums
(the box sets and live albums will be released at least 6 months apart)

pointblankmag.com/2015/04/wikileaks-reveals-new-springsteen-contract-with-release-plans/

Live albums hopefully come soon, that man is a tour de force live

I'm down for the Born in the U.S.A re-release, but christ...

>but christ...
What exactly?

Just seems like a lot, guy's a workhorse I suppose

Today for the first time in my life I listened to Bruce Springsteen of my own volition. Growing up I heard his hit songs on the radio enough to be familiar with them, but I always found them a little annoying, the kind of songs that would cause me to immediately change the dial if it was under my control. Here's a case where I'm forcing myself to listen to music I don't like for educational/research purposes. Springsteen is a very famous and influential musician, and after slogging through his discography today on my mp3 player, I learned that he is the very archetype of a style of music I strongly dislike. I'm generally a big fan of all sorts of 70s rock/soul/pop music, so I expected to at least somewhat enjoy some of his work, but it was a lot worse than I expected.

This album is similar to lots of other mainstream music from its day, a mishmash of various strands of rock, blues, soul, etc. It definitely scores very low on the originality/creativity side of things. I recently had my first go with a Billy Joel album, Piano Man, and there's a lot of common ground between these artists in this period. The Billy Joel was rather good overall and far superior to this Springsteen, but they both represent a kind of dumbed down mass culture banality that I find bothersome at best. The only passable bits on this album are the mellow jammy horn rock stuff, but by 1973 there were hundreds of artists who'd done stuff much better in related veins, whether Chicago, Manfred Mann, Sopwith Camel or Mark-Almond. I mean, this album is incredibly conservative, wimpy, low-brow radio fodder, especially compared to the all the insanely creative rock music that was going down at the same time.

How accurate is this though? The River box set ended up being 4 CDs and 3 DVDs plus a book and various essays and memorabilia.

probably
his debut is probably as good, it's sorta similar.

1. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) [is one of my all-time favorite songs. period]
2. Adam Raised a Cain
3. Mary Queen of Arkansas
4. The Angel
5. Incident on 57th Street
[into]
6. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) [is one of Bruce's best song pairings]
7. E Street Shuffle
8. Lost in the Flood
9. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
10. The River

[note: Nebraska is amazing albums and up there, but these are the songs that get me every time i hear them, so don't give me shit for not including it.]

because i'm sure it took you longer to write than it would take to listen to his first 5 albums, here's your (you). also:
>clearly talking about a specific album
>doesn't give the album name

Shit. He's gonna be 78 when that contract expires. You think he'll be done for good at that point?

i don't want this thread to die, so... uh.

At what point did you realize Bruce was actually a good songwriter and not a boring classic rock artist?

First time I listened to Blinded By the Light on a whim cause the Manfred Mann version was on the radio. Got hooked and listened to all of Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.

Can you name another Jewish Rock band?

What the fuck, I'd never really listened to him before, but this thread convinced me to listen to Born To Run and its fucking amazing, what the fuck dudes. Why did no one tell me.

Where do I go after this?

Darkness on the Edge of Town, more or less the direct sequel

This. It's definitely a bit harder edged and darker.

ADAM RAISED A CAIN
ADAM RAISED A CAIN
ADAM RAISED A CAIN

In no order

Frankie
Something in the night
Prove it all night
Loose ends
For you
Atlantic City
The Prince you pay
Thunder Road
New York senerade
The River

Are his other Nebraska-esque albums any good

Tom Joad is not bad.
Devils and Dust is hit and miss.

Thanks, gonna check out Tom Joad

godlike

>thread about le true working class murrican BAHN EEEEN YOOUUUU ESSS AYYY meme man dead after Amerifats go to sleep

Really makes you think.
Dude's a fucking hack.

(You)

he don't smoke you junkie

Bruce general forever

Thunder Road
The Promise
Frankie
Backstreets
Incident on 57th Street
Jungleland
Something In the Night