Why don't you have an AR-15 for self-defense and to protect your family, home and country?

Why don't you have an AR-15 for self-defense and to protect your family, home and country?

Why don't you post this on /k/?

Because I own 5.

Because i dont care about any of those things and would end up killing someone if i had one

Because I can't afford one yet.

i do own some but only because guns are cool as shit. though usually choose not to participate in these threads because gun threads on Sup Forums are always fucking cancer..

Because I'm a poorfag and waiting for my tax refund to come in.
SOON.

give $5 blowjobs behind 7-11, youll have enough $ in no time

nice. that is the responsible thing to spend it on, user.

Because only a jackass would need an assault rifle to defend their family, that's so fucking overkill.

better than underkill

Mine is arriving at FFL tomorrow!!

cus im mexican and gun laws suck in this shithole you guys will soon call south of the wall, meanwhile criminals do run around packin heat

congrats! what did u get?

AR is cool guy

Because I pay the neighborhood niggers for protection.

Cuz it's a prone to jamming pos sold to civilians. Go m4 or go home.

Not a burger

fucking wish i could buy one
>fucking gun laws

M&p Sport2. Was shopping for a long time, but found a sport at $499, so grabbed it plus ordered $150 in mods. Almost dropped $1600 on DDm4v5 but figured I'd just upgrade later if I really felt the need to have something better.

Cause the civilian AR-15 is for fucking pussies

It's an assault weapon (BS political term), not an assault rifle. Assault rifles are capable of full-auto.

because I don't really care about guns, and if anything I'd get a shotgun just point in the general direction or even behind you and bam whatever was breaking in is now dust

How does that barrel work? I just found out my barrel is light duty after running 30 rounds through it accuracy fell off quick. Any tips?

Because it's unnecessary. Also, those kinds of weapons are outlawed here. Never even seen a gun being fired irl.

don't need one. if anything happens, I'll just call the cops like a normal person instead of trying to take the law into my own hands like a insecure, little dicked faggot.

nice, that's the way to do it. start cheap and simple until you know what you really want/need.

it's just a fucking semi-automatic rifle.

it's no different than pic related. it' juist looks intimidating to ignorant pussies.

But I'm above the law.

some people say AR15 is better
some people say AK's are better
what one is actually better

>Why don't you have an AR-15 for self-defense
too big
>and to protect your family,
too big
>home
too big
>and country?
not my fucking job

because that's not how bait threads work

Yes, I agree 100%. I was trying to promote the use of correct terminology (assault weapon = BS political term vs. assault rifle = technical term for selective-fire military rifles firing intermediate cartridges). I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time.

> gun threads on Sup Forums are always fucking cancer

/thread

Because it's fucking awful for home defense. Better off with a tac shotgun and a baseball bat.

Better bait than OP, but still low-quality.

it's a bull barrel made for long range accuracy, does pretty good. It's not made for high rates of fire, gets hot quickly, so have to let it cool down once in a while. i have 1000+ rounds through it and it is still as accurate as day 1. There are lots of barrel types and ammo is also a factor. generally you get what you pay for but everyone's needs/wants are different

Because 1911 in .45 or Draco firing 7.62 made AR a luxury that I don't need at this time. Maybe later for shits and giggles.

Because I'm not a dumb cunt.

bmpp

How much do they usually go for without all that tactic00l bullshit?

You can get a good budget AR (S&W M&P15 Sport II) for about $500-$600

Depends. Usually around $800. As low as $500 and high as around 2-3k.

Cause people in this country listen to worthless no bodies like Piers Morgan

just bought this sig 516... sorry you cant afford it

>Why don't you have an AR-15

Because guns don't give me a throbbing hard-on

I prefer AKs OP

>no optic
kek

You can find ARs for around 400.00 some less, especially if used. Check pawn shops.

Stay poor.

Depends on where you're at.

Price and performance in the us it's the ar15. Pretty much anywhere else though an ak will give you better price and quality.

bc AKM is better, eurofag scum

esto

oh yeah?

because i have a glorious master race .45 cal 1911

>cant shoot 200 yards without optic

Lost in a tragic boating accident.

I "made" mine for $550. Bought a complete upper, a complete lower from palmetto state armory and just slapped the two pins together.

Bam, gun in two seconds. I ended up spending around 350 for the optic and mount. Expect to spend at least 100 more for sights bringing your total up to $650 for a budget, yet quality ar15.

people are always saying AK's are alot more durable then the AR platform
is this just bullshitery or is it true?

but at least i can afford one

not a fan of that grip

I do op

also people say AK's dont need as much maintenance as a AR

the pistol grip, that is, not the angled

you can get decent sights for well under $100

I own several ARs and 2 AKs, never had either fail to go bang every time the trigger was pulled. got the AR pretty muddy a couple times hog hunting, no issues.

Think of it this way. ARs are like the prom-queen of the gun world, you gotta take care of them and give them a good amount of maintenance to run well. AKs are the biker bitch, they will run well in many situations regardless of care (not saying you still shouldnt clean them or lubricate they will fail eventually) And yes AKs are very rugged and reliable like you said. Both are decent platforms i just like AK more personally.

/arg/ is on /k/ faggot

go discuss your anime rifle there

Not even that user but why are you limiting yourself to 200 yards?

Literally no reason.

M16 of Vietnam yeah. Current day ar15 are just as reliable and durable. Especially when it comes to us made aks, they have horrible track records for quality.
In the us,the sheer number of manufacturers and availability of parts means you can create an ar15 that far surpasses an ak at a manageable price.
Once you're outside the US though the ak will reign supreme. It's a simple, reliable system that niggers and their Sandy counterparts have been killing each other with for years.

You can, but it really depends what you're looking for.
Three must important parts to me are barrel, optics, trigger, in that order.

Optics might even be more important since you can't shoot shit without it holding a zero. That's how I justify spending more on it.

Take the shot?

good ammo is way more important than the trigger.

>good ammo is way more important than the trigger.
Not until you start getting out to 4-500 yards.
I hate standard AR triggers because they cam when you pull the trigger.
Try a Geissele ssa-e and you'll never go back.

Guy speaks from experience.

gotta do what ya gotta do

for

im in eurocuck and i pull benifits, so i wont be going away from here, whyen i do its to flee the muslims and ill move to russia then i get a master race saiga and druganov combo for the same money that you spend on that piece of plastic shit.

it's aluminum

Because my dick isn't small

I prefer AKs

Bought a shotgun because it's versatile and more affordable

Will most likely get AK for muh first rifle

nice. pew pew pew!

good ammo is much more important than the trigger until you get out to several hundred yards, especially for sd/hd. you aren't .mil, get something better than ball.
unless the trigger is fuck awful terrible it isn't going to hurt until you are at the bleeding edge of intermediates' effectiveness anyway.

know what AK ur wanting to get yet?

because your faggot ass didn't give me one free. how am i supposed to live in the land of the free if your faggot ass ain't giving the AR-15 to me for FREE?

>welfare eurocuck
>move to russia
ahahahahah, okay.

this. keeping your home defense AR loaded with steelcase wolf/tula fmj is retarded unless it's all u have.

Not yet. For a while I wanted to get a VZ2008 (I know it's not an AK) when they were importing at $399 but I didn't and I'm still kicking myself.
When I start to think more seriously about it I'll do more research.

both have their pros and cons but generally AR's have a higher ceiling quality wise.

true. AR has much more aftermarket stuff too

I've never seen a less happy family posing for a picture.

because they'd rather be at the firing line shooting than taking faggy family pictures.

fuck...

meant to quore

family pictures arent meant to be fun

"country" Stfu you stupid ass over motivated civilian. Leave protecting your dumbasses to us in the service. No one will ever touch our fucking land, so quit jacking your shit to Alex Jones videos and hoping you get the chance to throw some lead.