Why didn't Don Bluth make any more movies as good as this...

Why didn't Don Bluth make any more movies as good as this? The rest of his movies (in my opinion) range from mediocre to just outright bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/dragon-s-lair-returns#/updates
youtube.com/watch?v=UqipZjeUCVs
youtube.com/watch?v=TylmZEtTGxw
youtube.com/watch?v=CCAiKsLLprU
youtube.com/watch?v=8Q6WCdQm2Jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

American Tail and The Land Before Time are good, though.

I love Titan AE, but other than that you're right

Studio interference.

I'd love to see the 10-15 minutes of the movie that was cut out due to being too "scary" for children.

>All Dogs Go to Heaven
>Land Before Time
>An American Tail

>mediocre

I would say he has at least four legit classics and the rest depend on personal preference (I personally really like "The Pebble and the Penguin").

Secret of NIMH had really solid source material, something which a lot of the others missed.

>be babby me
>love dinosaurs
>mom takes me to see land before time
>little foot's mom dies
>I absolutely lose my shit crying at the end
My first cinematic experience. Fivel also had me crying like a bitch.

Do movies give children PTSD anymore? Is that what's wrong with the latest generation?

All Dogs Go to Heaven is really not that good

Mods pls delet this

So Tanya or Ms. Brisby?

It's really not. Nor is An American Tail.

They're both pretty schmaltzy and have some really fucked up pacing.

Fievel goes West - which Bluth had nothing to do with - is a vastly superior movie - largely because Tiger is actually more of the focus, as opposed to just kind of...meeting Fivel towards the end of the movie and instantly becoming best friends.

you're a fag

Titan A.E. never got the respect it deserved.

Except it barely resembles the source material outside of the names and the basic set-up.

And truth be told, the movie is better than the book if you ask me.

Because it was awful.

NIMH=Land Before Time>All Dogs Go To Heaven>An American Tail>Titan A.E.>Anastasia>Thumbelina>The Pebble and the Penguin>Rock-a-Doodle>Bartok>A Troll in Central Park

>Titan A.E. over Anastasia
>Rock-a-doodle that low

Just stop posting.

The only problem I have with The Secret of Nimh is that the villain, Jenner, is introduced way too late into the movie. It really felt like they just shoved a bad guy into the third act for the sake of having a bad guy.

He didn't put that shit low enough. Name ONE redeeming thing about Rockadoodle.

The soundtrack. Goldie. The villain.

Eh, I always thought he was really there to give Justin something to do in the climax. Otherwise Justin is a pretty superfluous character.

Anyone excited for Dragon's Lair: The Movie?

indiegogo.com/projects/dragon-s-lair-returns#/updates

Not at all.

Don Bluth has a furry fetish and a transformation fetish and no problems with including either in his work.

youtube.com/watch?v=UqipZjeUCVs

>$600,000 funded

That's only about 1/4 the budget of a cheap asian production. I hope they have other investors, because if half a million isn't enough for a full feature, unless the goal is to produce a concept short to help shop the idea to larger studios.

the goal is to hire someone to help write a script and to produce a 5-minute "sizzle reel" to show to studios.

I forget all the details, and the info seems to have disappeared since the project went to InDemand mode

ADGTH is odd but it's still good and it has a sexy loli.

FGW also has a sexy mouse. Seriously, I hate myself for finding his sister so attractive in this movieā€•It's that dress and dance number.

youtube.com/watch?v=TylmZEtTGxw

>anons_sexual_awakening.jpg

I recently watched pic related for the first time. I guarantee if I had seen it as a kid I would have been shitting myself during several scenes

it's an amazing film
the owl ruled my dreams as a child
youtube.com/watch?v=CCAiKsLLprU

>come inside or go away
>tfw you've become the owl

>his name is not unknown in these woods

Nihm and Land before time were great.
All dogs and American Tail were good.
Titan AE was decent.
Everything else he made sucked.

Mrs Brisby was grade A waifu material. Tanya was okay, but not on Mrs Bisby's level.

>Single mom

I don't know man.

Either way we all know who Top Mouse is.

>dat Eva Gabor voice

Yes she was God tier mousefu.

Brisby was my first Waifu.

Good thing we didn't have Internet back then.

without auntie shrew, who will watch over those impudent piglets?

Best scene and best track on the soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q6WCdQm2Jo

>why didn't Bluth

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Wow this is awful.

>NIMH=Land Before Time
Agreed.