$1.5, are you fucking stupid?

$2 idiot

It would become an infinite number

1 -> 1.50 -> 3 -> etc...

x = (1/2)x + 1 cannot be solved for x

> being this stupid

or maybe I am just
> being this baited

Would the price just keep rising indefinitely since the game is $1 plus half of it's price so the total $1.50 but then it would be half of that price and so on?

for anyone who can't figure out that it's 2

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+.5x=x

1.50 + .75 = 3? Where in the dick...

It would be:

>1
>1.50
>2.25
>3.375
And so on.

Now i understand why I have a good job and everybody else my age is just shitting out babies.

if you want to be a smart ass fag, "its"* for possessive, "it's" for the contraction of "it is" lmao

x= 1/2(x)+1
x - 1/2 (x) = 1
1/2 x = 1
x = 2

Easy, $2

X=2.
2=(1/2)2+1

this. it's unsolvable.

Missing information. No answer possible.

Solved.

Yes it is.
subtract (1/2)x on both sides. Then multiply by 2.

> b8 intensifies

Really? Substract x/2 from both sides and you have
X/2 = 1, multiply both sides by 2 and you have
X = 2

For everyone saying that its not solvable. I don't think you do better maths than fucking Wolfram Alpha

ok i don't care how much you make fun of me but can someone explain in retard-language why it's 2 and not 1.50? please senpai

Two fucking dollars, fucknuts. 1 + (0.5x) = x

Is there some reason $1 is not being used as price of game

x = 0.5y + 1
Not enough information to solve it.

because a game that costs two dollars also costs 1 dollar plus half of its price (the price which we established is two dollars)

why are you using 0.5y?
use 0.5x
let x be the price of the game.

x = 0.5x + 1

OH FUCK. and i always thought i was better at word problems than other math. thanks user!

but wolfram alpha was developed by jews, so it's suspect

Walk the dinosaur cause this is a story all about how the numbers got flip turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute to just sit right here and call you all faggots. Real dumb faggots. OP IS the biggest faggot. You can all line up and try to suck oats, right from the tip of my cock. This is Cancer. The answer is 1$+1/2(.50)=1.50+tax. Cunt

ITT, people not realizing the formula should actually be 1 + .5x = y

all of u should consider suicide

The trickery is in the imprecise nature of language. There are no quotes in the properly written question, but what we've got here is the use mention distinction where the game's cost is equivalent to half itself plus one, hence two.

y=x=price of the game. Nice trips

>u
Likewise, buddy.

Given: game costs 1 dollar plus half its price.

You don't even have to do algebra to solve the problem. You know that if you subtract $1 from the price of the game, you are left with one half of its cost. Therefore $1 must also be one half of its cost. Thus the answer is $2

why should it be that? The answer is it shouldn't. There is only one variable that needs to be solved for here and it's the price of the game. Why would you put a "y" in there

31 if its an xbox or ps4 game, 21 if its a 3ds

Cannot be answered, to little information

Yeah I am surprised I let the wording get the better of me. Thanks!

if i would have time to write 2 more digits to retards with 63 IQ, i would have so much free time that i would even consider that suicide m8.

here your second equation to solve the system
y=x

lol

It's already been taken
look at this shitshow of a thread
>ITT: i did highschool maths therefore i am a smart
fucking undergrads.

Probably a shit game with lots of in-game purchasing...

Why is math the greatest bait and how come no body thought of this shit sooner?

you have to come up with a math problem where about 50% of the population is too retarded to answer it correctly. looks like this one hit the sweet spot

X=1+0.5x | -0.5x
0.5x=1 | ×2
X=2
Are u fucking stupid?

pic related is op right now

You're posting on Sup Forums
Your life ain't shit

Itt : trolls, retards who think shitposters are actually failing a centuries-old quiz

game = 1
game = game + game / 2
print(game)
>.5

Well... If 1 dollar is half its price. The full price would be 1x2=2 dollars

X= games price
X= 1+(X/2) |*2
2X= 2+X |-X
X=2
obviously

Video games haven't been around for that long

I've been here for quite some time and I have seen a huge amount of math bait threads in my time. There were enough people having the idea of "math trolling" way before you realized it is fun.

Not gonna lie, i kekd