Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTAO1mcTj_8
youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA
youtube.com/watch?v=-a2jugsYQXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The generic war movie stuff is weighed down by all the corny philosophical pontificating, and the pontificating and visuals are made worse by the bad war movie they encompass

It looks great and has a great cast though

the editing in it confused me and I couldnt really tell who was who

It wasn't Apocalypse Now, it will never be Apocalypse Now and as a result it was boring. I liked it, but it's not and will never be Apocalypse Now.

Top pleb filter tbdesu.

Why does this make me want to cry like a little bitch?

youtube.com/watch?v=KTAO1mcTj_8

My favorite film

As a combat veteran it is my favorite war film, and I don't care what that says about my choices in film.

good taste senpaitachi

>comparing Pacific WWII movies to Vietnam movies

what is this plebbery

youtube.com/watch?v=S2wL9AawlDA

This one gets me
youtube.com/watch?v=-a2jugsYQXM

Love this too. Like I said first post its a really uneven movie but when it works it's amazing.

I helped me realize how absolutely retarded people are. More than half the people I've talked to about it think it's set in Vietnam, I've also seen it on lists ranking it as one of the best Vietnam War movies.

it captured the feels of the soldiers better than any war movie I've seen

You think every soldier turns into a philosophy student with identical ways of thinking and speaking when in war?

If you actually watched the movie, you'd know every soldier reacts differently in it.

I know that, I mean they all speak with the same voice. It's Malick speaking through a dozen characters

It works to varying degrees but you cannot say it realistically portrays how soldiers think and feel

>the only woman in the movie gets her first line
>she wants to divorce her husband suffering in war and holding her thought as the only thing keeping him sane
Why do women ruin everything?

Why do men ruin everything by starting wars to begin with?

>I mean they all speak with the same voice
No. That's just Witt's narration. There were many soldiers narrating, but his are most memorable and most used by Malick. You also have Tall feeling like time's running out for him, Staros praying for his men, Doll taken aback by his first kill, Bell longing for his wife, etc. Yeah, one dude's pretty philosophical, but they're not all like that.

warkino

the jesus guy was great with his jesus things

to make good films out of them

Me too man

It's a masterpiece, one of my favorite movies.

It's crazy that not even 20 years ago this could be a Hollywood studio movie and Malick could command a $50+ million budget.

Recently Spielberg had a hard time getting a biopic on America's most beloved historical figure played by the worlds most acclaimed actor funded, and 20 years earlier he made a 3 hour black and white holocaust movie with no real stars for a bigger budget. The industry really has gone to shit

I absolutely love it, my favourite war film, my 2nd favourite film of the 90s (Goodfellas no 1, i don't care if that's pleb) and (again probably called pleb) my favourite Malick (I have seen all of them except for To The Wonder that I got bored of 40 mins in desu).

I absolutely love it but I understand why certain people wouldn't. Not in an elitist "you don't get it way" but my intro to film teacher and I were talking about it and she made some pretty good points as to why it's not as great as I thought it was, but not enough to change my mind.

>except for To The Wonder that I got bored of 40 mins in desu
Make that every single nu-malick film for me.