You can only post bands ITT that have been consistently good for at least 5 albums

You can only post bands ITT that have been consistently good for at least 5 albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=sgeiQ-DkFQA

Mastodon's new album is arguably going to be their best ever, and this is 2 decades after they've formed. Only people that can match that off the top of my head is like Thom Yorke.

Other urls found in this thread:

adrenochromemusic.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/the-art-of-the-mastodon-–-part-i-paul-romano/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Their worst album cover though.

I pick pic related. They haven't released a single poor album.

>Their worst album cover though.
Wouldn't disagree. Leviathan was my favorite album of theirs, either that or Crack the Skye had the best art. Whoever does it is incredible.

The Fall made no bad albums in the 70s or 80s.

mastodon? consistent? you joking? all downhill after CTS

adrenochromemusic.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/the-art-of-the-mastodon-–-part-i-paul-romano/

Boards of Canada has never released anything below 8/10.

Leviathon was their best cover for sure.

miss me yet?

J A N D E K

meh

better than that dumb album once more round the sun

only a few good songs though so uninspired

>Mastodon's new album is arguably going to be their best ever, and this is 2 decades after they've formed.
You have to be fucking memeing me.

the songs i've heard so far are top tier man

i posted leviathan a couple posts after OP though so I think i was memeing pretty hard yeah, have to wait and listen to the whole album before we know for sure

Leviathan = Crack the Skye > Remission > The Hunter = Call of the Mastodon = Blood Mountain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Once More 'Round the Sun

>arguably going to be their best ever,
no it' not
not even in top 3

Kraftwerk?

Mastodon is shitty buttrock for faggot yuppies who still think living in Brooklyn is cool and brew their own IPAs

Neurosis have a pretty strong body of work

In general Mastodon has amazing artwork all around. Only one more meh was Call of The Mastodon, if you count that

I don't even have a vinyl player but I kind of want to collect their vinyl because the artwork is so orgasmic.

RIGHT AROUND THE BEND
(cmon)
GOTTA MAKE IT GO FASTER

lp2 > lp5 > lp1 > lp7 > lp4 > lp6 > lp3

and yes this is completely random

>people don't like OMRTS
you'll cowards don't even hey ho let's fucking go

>Crack the Skye
>Blood Mountain
>Leviathan
>Emperor of Sand
>Remission
>Once More 'Round the Sun
>Call of the Mastodon
>The Hunter

Man Aunt Lisa was so badass and then that happened

>Tom York
Radiohead are listenable in spite of Tom. Based Jonny is where it's at.

close user
>Crack the Skye
>Blood Mountain
>Leviathan
>Emperor of Sand
>Remission
Crack the Skye
>Blood Mountain
>Leviathan
>Emperor of Sand
>Remission
>Call of the Mastodon
>The Hunter
>Call of the Mastodon

Animal Collectives

4/10

best new girlfriend

To be honest, Emperor of Sand is way better than The Hunter and Once More Around The Sun, but still bellow every other album.

I really like Mastodon all around, so take that as you will.

All 6 Dire Straits albums are amazing.

Killing Joke have 15 studio albums. Outside the Gate is the worst one and even it is a 6/10. All uphill from there.

>I don't even have a vinyl player but I kind of want to collect their vinyl because the artwork is so orgasmic.
yiss

>a vinyl player

the deaf grapes, fuck you if you think GP is a weak album.

Cosigned. Everything from Souls at Zero to Given to the Rising is great.

Mastodon's only duds are OMRTS and Call of the Mastodon.

Other artists I'd say who are fairly consistent
Aphex Twin
Devin Townsend (has some duds but that's the price you pay if you really want to experiment)
MF Doom
Queens of the Stone Age

Ween.

Swans

Hmm.. Do they have to be ""bands""?

Daft Punk - Homework
Daft Punk - Alive 1997
Daft Punk - Discovery
Daft Punk - Human After All
Daft Punk - Alive 2007
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

They are all consistenly good, but definitely not great. I think they were at their best, style-wise, around Homework / Discovery. Then they peaked as mainstream artists during the Alive tour, and with RAM they came into fruition as just another ""band"" leaning on other people's works to produce anything at all: unoriginal and bland.

I think Devin's non metal stuff is actually his best. Ghost and Casualties of Cool were both awesome for me. Kinda wish he'd give up the metal elements and go all out acoustic/ambient, as quality as a lot of his heavy work is.

Black Sabbath
King Crimson

>At least 5 albums
The Hunter and Once More Round the Sun sucked shit

I think you posted the wrong order, let me fix that

Blood Mountain > Leviathan = Crack the Skye > Emperor of Sand > Remission > The Hunter = Call of the Mastodon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Once More 'Round the Sun

Pavement has never released a bad album

How in the hell do you people like that steaming turd that is The Hunter better than Once More Round the Sun?

It's because one steaming turd smells better than the other steaming turd

Good/great from Man Who Sold The World through Let's Dance, considerably more than 5 albums actually

not hard if youre making the same album over and over

this

also that's a great song