I need some serious help here guys...

I need some serious help here guys. Im getting calls and texts from a south carolina number saying he's with ICAC and im not sure if its legit or not. I would assume any real agency would just come beating down my door. Im shitting myself here boys. I need some real answers

Other urls found in this thread:

linkedin.com/in/paynechip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what do the texts say?

Reverse search the number?

Whats the ICAC btw?

The people like Chris Hanson

Op did you get busted for pizza?

Ah ok
*leaves thread*

In case OP is being monitored

opening text says Sir this is inveestigator chip payne with the ICAC task force I have a very serious situation going on. You need to give me a call back so i can inform you on this matter or i'm just going to have to handle this matter through regular court proceedings and you can turn yourself in

ICAC

I dont think i got busted. Its a texting app number and i didnt think i was tlaking to anyone underage on it. sorry for the spelling mistakes im literally shaking

its not an 803 number is it?

No its an 843 number I cant find anythuing linked to that number online but i might just be an idiot

you dont live in South Carolina do you?

The ICAC would of had the cops kick your door down by now. It's a bunch of bull shit.

I live in texas
Thats what i was thinking too but its still scary to get that call or that text so im doubting myself

I definitely wouldn't worry about it then, someone prolly fucking with you. Chip Payne is the SC head of ICAC

I wouldn't worry about it, what the fuck kind of agency sends text messages lmao, they'd leave a voice mail. Personally I'd call them back just out of curiosity to see what they say. They'll probably try to extort some money out of you or something, probably a bot doing it. Tell them to fuck off without some official documentation or court orders and you'll never hear from them again

Idk if its relevant or not. I did text a girl that turned out to be a catfish from that area with an 803 area code. Claimed to be 16 but the pictures were of a 21 year old cam girl just found that out

I thought about calling the ICAC to see if its legit but i dont want any undue attention if its fake or real.

Don't call them it's likely a pay by the minute service or some sort of scam. A real organization would have been at your door with a letter or with a dozen cops. At the very least they would have called you first

They did call then they texted

That's actually one of the best things you could do. If for some small reason it was real, contacting them would be your best option since they would pursue you either way. If it's fake, they'll tell you so and send you on your way. They won't open an investigation on a random person because you got a fake email from them

lol well that could be a possibility, did you send/receive nudes from said person?

Yeah she completely initiated it though.

It doesn't matter, they will entrap you like that man

Fuuuuuckkkk The only reason i continued is because i knew it was pictures of that cam girl and she was hot haha.

This, just tell them you have no idea what it could possibly be about, that way you wouldn't be suspicious. Even if you weren't a pedo you would still be worried if you got that text.

Real agency wouldn't give you a heads up like that, your door would be kicked in already. 90% of catfishers are either grown men, girls who want attention or con artists planning to extort you out of money

Did you give "her" your number?

Post the number

Im just going to leave it alone. The "investigator" doesnt even have a custom voicemail set up They all state their name and whatnot.
YEah we texted but its an app that i text through

post the number they called from

All seriousness don't trip. It's a prank or some kind of scammer trying to get money off you.

Lol, why would they call you, OP? That's just silly.

Don't give any information, ask where they're located and how they got the number. End the conversation with "Put me on your do-not-call list"

Works everytime

Look for hoax hotel on YouTube, all the answers are there

Just did

>chip payne
Did no one get the reference? This is bullshit.

Its the actual name of an icac officer in south carolina

lol found this linkedin.com/in/paynechip

This sounds like horseshit user. Delete it and ignore. Block it too.

You all get rattled too easy, which is kind of telling. Anytime they've got a sketchy email or phone number and demand you contact them without going into any specifics, you can probably just put two and two together.

I kinda figured it was but i was looking for some confirmation so i wanted 4chans opinion