"The Big Lebowski" is a shite film. You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense...

>"The Big Lebowski" is a shite film. You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense, like that's the whole point, dude. And I'm just saying, you know, that's like an excuse for lazy storytelling. Just don't sell me shite and tell me it's gold, all right? I might be stoned, but I'm not high. You know what I mean? Plot matters. You know, don't get me wrong."Miller's Crossing," "No Country For Old Men," structured, quality filmmaking...bloody "Ladykillers"! They can do it.
Is he right?

The story isn't the point. It's just an excuse to see the Dude's interactions with various breeds of LA cuckoos

Pretty much, and to show that no matter the amount of plotting and insanity he gets caught up in, he basically remains exactly the same guy and goes back to doing what he always does.

It seems ridiculous to praise Miller's Crossing and dislike Lebowski when it's pretty much a parody of the same genre.

If TBL is plotless, what the fuck is Burn After Reading?

> You know, everyone says it's not supposed to make sense

Who says this? Since when has it not made sense? Do normies actually think it's difficult to break down or understand?

I found Miller's Crossing more confusing that TBL, and much less interesting

>It seems ridiculous to praise Miller's Crossing and dislike Lebowski when it's pretty much a parody of the same genre.
This

>literally the best character who looks and acts like the source material
Dropped

No he sounds like a fucking idiot. How did it not make sense?

lol it makes perfect sense. what a moron

Why do people think that when a character says something it means thats what every writer and the showrunners believe irl? They have Cass say that shit because its irrelevent and funny. Hes not supposed to be very bright, either.

Man he would really hate Inherent Vice.

He's an old vampire set in his ways.

who?

Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all. The comics aren't really about religion. Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand. The series is basically a Western and Jesse Custer is a cowboy who was raised by a marine corps veteran and John Wayne to always have his buddy's back, protect women, and stand up to the bad guys. Instead, the television series focuses on Jesse as a preacher and changes entire aspects of his backstory and personality to reflect that. I suspect this was done because writing the arc of the rise and fall of a preacher is easier and in this current climate mocking religion is far more palatable than promoting masculinity.

But the Big Lebowski makes perfect sense if you need to be such a fucktard that you actually pay attention to the plot. It's just comedically convoluted.

>makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all.
The heebs don't care, the show is literally DUDE FUCK GOD LMAO

Good analysis and opinion

Stupid buzzword retard

>Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand.
Thats been the focus of jeese and cass in literally every episode. Just take the last episode for example, with the shirtless "before noon" beer drinking scene and cass reluctantly confronting his bro. They arent particularly deep themes but theyre there.

>le buzzywords guy
Dude the show has nothing to do with the original source

>the show is literally DUDE FUCK GOD LMAO
Not really, it shows religion as a source of solidarity and community that is susceptible to human perversion like all things. for a show written by two kikes its surprisingly respectful of its texas aesthetic.

How does it not make sense. The dude by circumstance gets his rug pissed on which takes him on a wild ride of hijinx and sleuthing.

>Dude the show has nothing to do with the original source
Just like every adaptation. Time to learn how the world works and evaluate media independently. Preacher is good for a pulp, low budget tv show. I doubt they could afford a second set besides the church let alone set them across the country throughout the season. Expect it to follow the walking dead formula where the action will shift along the journeys locations per season

Only good filmmakers can make good AND bad films. Who the fuck is this potato eater to critique the Coen Brothers? Fuck him and his Sup Forums-level "analysis" of film and storytelling. Glad I stopped watching this edgy garbage.

Why does a character having a stupid opinion make you hate the show? Do you think cass is a mouthpiece for the writers? Hes consistently portrayed as an idiot

What is the ultimate Coenkino and why is it No Country?

look, OP

I got a certain information, alright?

certain things have come to light

you know, has it ever occurred to you, that instead of running around shitposting given the nature of this new shit, this movie could be a lot more, you know, complex, it's not just, it might not be just a simple, you know?

Youre thinking of Man Who Wasnt There. Kino-Incarnate

Hell if I know.

Thanks based Cassidy, I disagree like hell (and apparently so does Joe Gilgun) but it's an actual argument you have there, which is more you can say for most of Sup Forums

>Expect it to follow the walking dead formula where the action will shift along the journeys locations per season

Jesus christ, I really hope the pace of the show doesn't become that fucking slow. It's already bad enough as it is.

Sounds like something a Nolan fanboy would say.

Cassidy is godlike. Character of the show.
>That fucking scene where he fights the angels in the church

It is shite tbqh famalam.