Do you prefer the town/kid episodes of earlier seasons or do you prefer the current event story arc late season...

Do you prefer the town/kid episodes of earlier seasons or do you prefer the current event story arc late season episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpX8t3dt7q4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like it when they make fun of current event shit.

But for example, Butter's episode with the dog suit left my sides somewhere behind the Oort cloud.

I was 17 when the first episode aired. It was fucking groundbreaking to hear cartoon characters talk like adults. It spead like wildfire and went "viral" on a very young normie-internet due to word of mouth.

Their mid-series episodes were hit or miss, but I have to respect how they have evolved over the years.

SP will always have a place in my cold dead heart.

i really like Season 2/3 for the comfy small redneck town aesthetic and weird surreal shit

There is definitely a happy medium when it comes to continuity. I'm not a huge fan of NEEDING to see the previous episode to understand whats going on, but things like Kennys death lasting multiple episodes a few seasons ago was done in a way where a regular viewer can say "oh hey, I recognize that" but someone who is just jumping in can get caught up on the joke right away.

Its not a serial and it should never be. Light continuity is best continuity

The current format is pretty good. Each episode works on it's own but having typically two overarching plots/themes each season makes me much more inclined to tune in each week instead of just watching it whenever.

Awesome-O and Casa Bonita are the best episodes.

lol pleb

I enjoy the character development that comes as a result of story arcs. I also enjoy one-off funny episodes.

I honestly don't think there's a bad episode of South Park. I realize I'm in the minority on this one, but whatever. There's something to laugh at in every single episode.

I like the earlier episodes and seasons. They small town vibe and the surreal nature is quite comfy.

The new seasons are just lazy. They repeat the same joke over and over again as if that makes it funnier, but often the joke doesn't even make sense.
>Haha Randy doesn't like that Whole Foods asks him to give a donation
>let's do it again
>and again but a littlle more outrageous
>and another time
>and one more time
They should just make movies. The game they made was better than the show because they put more than a day's thought into it.

I like a little bit of current events shit, but doing entire seasons focused on one current event theme is a little too beating the viewer over the head with it for me and eventually gets stale. I doubt I'll ever go out of my way to go back and watch last season, as much as I enjoyed a lot of it. If they keep going further in the direction they've been going the last few years I'll have to assume they've gone creatively bankrupt and are grasping at straws to stay relevant.

The writing in the game was solid, even though it really was mostly re-used jokes from the show.

Only complaint was it was way too easy. I mean, I know it wasn't made for serious gamers but it was unbalanced as shit and way too easy to make broken.

Kid episodes that stay within the confines of their town are always the best

I less and less tolerance for mat and trey's propaganda show. I don't give a fuck what they think of current events

>There's something to laugh at in every single episode.

You're right, I seldom have an actual laugh at shit I like, but SP pulls it off nearly every time.

I'm ok with that. I get it but I'm ok with the flavor of the week criticm.

100 years from now /his/ will probably study it like an 1800s political cartoon. They always had a way of capturing a moment in time.

I think this episode originally aired a few days or weeks after 911.

youtube.com/watch?v=zpX8t3dt7q4

Okay!

I miss the innocent days of Kyle going to stores trying to find an orgasm to give to his dad

This episode accurately predicted 2016

This, the story heavy seasons take a serious nosedive in quality towards the end because Matt and Trey are forced to tie up a bunch of loose ends and they just end up being bad at it because they're too busy writing jokes.

Last season was the real last straw for me. There was obviously some deeper plot planned between PC Principal and the ads but they ran out of time/changed their mind and had to sweep the Statefarm ad under the rug and pretend it was just a ruse.

It's a fine experiment, I just don't want it to be like this forever.

I'm glad they are at least trying new ideas. Not every season will be gold and I'm fine with a few off beat ones if it means we're getting something new all the time.

>I just want an erection so I can give it to my mom

I like the earlier seasons better, but I still enjoy the late seasons

Seasons 4-10 were absolutely great. Once they started focusing on making a pop culture video in like four days or whatever they started to go down hill. I wouldn't say I dislike the newer seasons, they just seem way more topical and less stupid and random. Compare something like The Cissy to Cartmanland. Two similar ideas but one is massively more creative.

>Compare something like The Cissy to Cartmanland. Two similar ideas but one is massively more creative.

That's really the perfect comparison. EXACT same message but one is timeless and the other is not.