The holy trinity of Metal

Thoughts?

Somewhat agreeable, maybe change paranoid for master of reality

Holy Mountain > Dopesmoker

i like kill them all better

I kill you.

sure if you're a stupid earthworm incapable of understanding Satanic Individualism and collective level Hitleric Fascism

Master of Reality is much better than Paranoid.

Replace Dopesmoker with Peace Sells and you'd be on to something.

Gross... take off Metallica as well, they're utter shite.

Thrash sucks

Sorry but these are the three most influential metal albums ever made.

Take off metallica and sleep, metallica sucks and sleep is nu-male stoner shit.

Replace paranoid with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Add in Iron Maiden - Killers and Dio - Holy Diver

And Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is better than Master of Reality.

The big 3 are Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Metallica, obviously

For stoner rock, Kyuss and Electric Wizard are both more significant and better than Sleep

> Venom
lolno

take out sleep and muhtallica and replace with black sabbath st

name one problem with Ride the Lightning that isn't just a meme opinion

What do you mean by holy trinity? Because if you mean as most influential, I don't think Sleep should be there, even if that's a great album a very influential still.

Venom did have a lot of impact on the earliest extreme metal people, specially key for death and black metal. However, one could maybe argue that most of what was implemented (rawness, speed) was already in Motorhead, which I think should have some special place, maybe at a side of the trinity trying to be made here.

Venom did have an impact different from Motorhead though, and that was the imagery and lyrics.

how is Venom "lolno"? They are like the granddaddy of the extreme metal scene you fucking pleb.

its metallica

Escape is trash but there literally isn't anything below 9/10 apart from that. Especially considering the year that it came out

Old metallica is godlike. Anything after and justice for all is shite.

RTL ate everything else in the rock world for breakfast back in '84. This was the point where the NWOBM era ended and the thrash era began. All the established metal guys like Priest, Maiden, and Ozzy became obsolete with this album.

Henry Rollins: "VENOM took almost an hour to get onstage. They had roadies tuning their guitars and shit. Finally, they hit stage. They were hilarious. It was like seeing SPINAL TAP. The drummer had a guy that held an electric fan next to him and kept him high and dry. The singer/bass player was named Kronos [sic]. He had some great raps. He got the crowd to chant what I thought was 'Black Funky Metal' over and over, which I thought was pretty cool and then I thought that maybe I was wrong about these guys. I found out later that it was 'Black Fucking Metal.' Oh, excuse me. I expected them to go into [SPINAL TAP's] 'Sex Farm Woman' at any second. The guitar player was so bad it was painful. I had a great time… The bass player was hilarious. He would wiggle his tongue and roll his eyes. But he also would fix his hair every fifteen seconds or so."

"VENOM is weak. Everything about them is weak. They can't even play. They had a bunch of roadies to do everything. Weak, weak, weak.

"I would love to play with fucking 'heavy metal' bands more often. It was fun crushing them. It's all lights and makeup. What bullshit.

"VENOM suck. They are so full of shit. What a bad joke. They don't sweat and they probably don't even fuck."

Haven't listened to a whole lot of metal because. Nonetheless Jane Doe earns my vote

Mainly because I also like the math rock y vibes

Also due to the occuring that Phoenix in Flames and Title track are positively two of the greatest metal songs

The other two could be Earth and Sleep but idk o

>Rollins

wew lad

holy trinity of metal of all time? this is way too fucking broad, you know how much metal there is on this gay earth? "holy trinity" has no defining characteristics. most influential? most pioneering? if you mean "greatest" then how are you defining that?

How about these for bands?
Venom may be switched for Motörhead (whether it was metal is another case)

tip top lel at all these posts

Black Sabbath considered themselves to be a rock and roll band and so does Motorhead

why even bother with this? like metal is to broad... just pick a genre and go from there

I'd say as far as bands go, Priest is more important than Maiden. Ditto for Venom and Motorhead.

In the 70s, rock was just rock whether it was Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Styx, REO Speedwagon, or Rush. The idea of dividing rock into neat little subgenres didn't come until later.

t. classic rock fag/wrong generationer

Wtf. No. First of all Metallica is trash as far as thrash goes, and secondly, as much as I love Sleep and Black Sabbath they are way to fucking similar and this approach gives no acknowledgement to most sub genres.

clearly you don't know lolol

Nah, the three of them only represent the slower, groovier side of metal. I would personally have it be:

Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Either Black Sabbath's Master Of Reality or Eyehategod's Take As Needed For Pain

Jane Doe ruined hardcore/grindcore for me.
Now I automatically compare every album to it, and nothing ever comes close.

>number of the beast
>influential

Kid, its time you learn.

>the second most influential metal band of all time is shit
stop being a dumb contrarian. I'm not a big Metallica fan but you're just being stupid

Pleb

>dadrock: the thread

only one of those albums is good

Rating music and placing it into categories and heirarchies is patent autism. None of this is important to debate about.

I will never understand Sup Forums's fascination with piss-dull pentatonic stoner bullshit.

It's easy music to make and requires no talent. So go figure.

Wrong everyone knows it's
>pic related

It's the most accessible kind of metal
But to be fair there is some wonderful stoner stuff out there

because it's "socially acceptable metal" without too much abrasiveness and has DUDE WEED LMAO hippie aesthetics and lyrics instead of anything that could be considered too edgy by nu-males

You might as well just have 2 black Sabbath albums then

Yeah I know, Dopesmoker is better in terms of the trinity, i just prefer Holy Mountain

ITT

Kyuss is stoner rock, Sleep and Electric Wizard are stoner metal. Sleep is also better than Electric Wizard

Replace Sleep with Piece of Mind by Iron Maiden then it would be god tier

no...

switch dopesmoker for welcome to sky valley and you're set

Master of Puppets
Paranoid
Seventh Son of A Seventh Son.

In terms of most influential
Paranoid
two albums most people haven't heard of that will get posted to prove how cool you are.

What are we talking about here, influential or the best of the best?

These are the best albums, friends.

I could swap out Rust In Peace for something though

Goddammit I like almost every album there

i hope you use that term in a merely ironic context

I Want you to explain why you think this is "the holy trinity of metal"

>posts someone else's opinions and not his own
Disregarded

>iron maiden
literally contributing nothing

I can't believe that there's people who still see Iron Maiden as "highly influential". I like them but they just got lucky because they had a lot of talent, but they were far from being a top 3 influence in Metal.

Cave In are better.

best albums of what...? lmao

Can we have a MoP vs RTL discussion? I prefer MoP - I think it's more consistent, you don't have Escape to deal with, although I think the highs on RTL are maybe higher

hey you nerds what are the best 80s and 90s albums for getting into metal? I love electric wizard and boris but it doesn't have to be stuff like that. Just stuff thats less corny sounding preferably

amorphis - the karelian isthmus
morbid angel - blessed are the sick
cryptopsy - none so vile
burzum - hvis lysett tar oss
motorhead - ace of spades
celtic frost - morbid tales
bathory - under the sign of the black mark
slayer - show no mercy
megadeth - rust in peace
black sabbath - heaven and hell
metallica - kill em all
immortal - at the heart of winter
enslaved - frost
type o negative - bloody kisses
emperor - in the nightside eclipse

this thread is a goddamn cringefest

thanks for posting

>best albums of what...?
the best

I do like Cave In.
Also love all the various side projects with various Converge/Cave In/Botch band members... they're all really fucking talented dudes.

Change Dopesmoker for pic related.

Why all the
>Replace Sleep with x
What the fuck is wrong with Dopesmoker?