Any Royal Trux fans here? I'm hunting for this rare 1987 cassette...

Any Royal Trux fans here? I'm hunting for this rare 1987 cassette. Some guy bought one on ebay a few years ago for $150 and I've never seen another tape ever since.

Anyone got a digitized version of this thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/w6royojmaoyo6wn/AAB2480Tkgm814RX86Vs-skza?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ma fav album is Twin Infinitives

I think they have a new album coming out soon so maybe you can catch them on tour and ask them or people there.

Neil's said before that they record every practice. I wonder if he'd ever let someone go through those tapes.

I actually saw them in Austin last month. Made me so happy that they came back. I bought tickets to Levitation in Austin the year before but the whole thing got cancelled. I could have asked Neil questions but he just shook my hand and I turned around and got out of the venue. Didn't like the idea of spending their time listening to fan stuff. Probably not wise on my part.

I saw them almost 25 years ago in Dallas but I just went with friends. Earlier that week I won a Royal Trux windbreaker from Bills Records because I was the only person who entered. I left it on the stage of the club that night.

I am a megafan of their. I own almost all the vinyl & 7" singles. I have doubles of their cassettes. I have a rare promo copy of Sweet Sixteen on cassette. I have three of the shirts from the current tour. I have a few rare concert posters too. I've got one from the Twin Infinitives show from a few years back at St Vitus.

Speaking of which- does anyone have a copy of that St Vitus Twin Infinitives show? There's a guy on twitter/fb by the name of xNoCorex that once tweeted that he has a good recording of the show but he replied a single time to me last year and I never got another reply from him again.

saw both of their sets at sxsw as well and got that shirt. was my first time seeing them and thought they were great. i was also bummed about levitation being cancelled

What- left it on stage for them to keep? Interesting story. Is that the show they played with Bis and Pavement at Trees? I have a ticket stub from that show :0

I've only listened to their first two releases, and love the noisiness and disorganisation of the music. I hear they clean up considerably in later releases, are they still worth a listen?

Are you any of the heads in this pic? I wanted to make some Trux friends from it but I had my gf there with me and didn't wanna make her stand around while I nerd'd out. I was the long black hair dude in the royal trux 3 untitled skulls shirt

I dunno left it for whomever. None of my friends wanted it either. It was at the Galaxy Club in probably 1995

Also did you take any pics/video/audio from those shows? I'd be interested in building what bit of a collection of that I can make. I should've bought a portable recorder but I was high and mighty on my "I'm gonna experience my favorite band without a phone in my face" vibe.

Just hunting thru my phone for random art now.

I have a dropbox containing 35 recorded Trux concerts from 1990 - 2000. I've tried reaching out to Drag City if they'd want it first in an official sorta way but I haven't gotten a line back yet. I sent a link to Jennifer and she actually responded "Thanks". Does anyone know how to get in contact with Neil?

Is anyone interested in a link perhaps?

nah, i was close though a little more to the right. like them a lot more now after seeing them. i remember seeing you since you were the only person with a royal trux shirt. i was wearing a dead c shirt. sorry nah, i usually don't take any pics at shows. i'll probably pick up their new live album coming out in June

Shoulda kept it for me bro

I'd say that you should definitely go album by album with them. They keep that disorganized feel on the 3rd and 4th records and then transform into a super structured boogie band with some real driving bass. If you loved Twin Infinitives you gotta check out the Red Tiger single

Yeah I shoulda kept a lot of things. I wonder how much it'd go for on eBay.

Ha! This is cool. Did they play anything different the second night? I wrote down the first nights setlist but I can't remember if there was something different towards the ending.

Spectre
Platinum tips
Red Tiger
Ice Cream
Sewers of Mars
Esso Dame
Back to School
Waterpark
Banana

What is it about Dead C fans usually also being Trux fans? Lol

I'd pay a stupid amount of money for it that's for sure. Could you describe the windbreaker? The art on it or colors or anything?

Oh god don't tell me that. It was just black and said Royal Trux on the front or back or both I don't remember.

It's fuggin true haha. Was it perhaps this logo? OR just plain text.

By the way if anyone has the shirt with this logo on it in like a medium or large, I'm interested. They have it listed on the website but every size is "sold out".

not as big a fan so i couldn't really tell which songs they played but it seemed like the first night but they did play I'm Ready
heh yeah, guess both bands are pretty similar

Oh man this was so long ago but I kinda wanna say it wasn't like that at all. It was more of a linear type font that wasnt in a circle or anything. Maybe that's just my incorrect memory though.

Its on soulseek

Posting physical collection photos as I find them.

Uhh i've hunted for it before and never found anything. If you're actually seeing this on there, could you download a copy and tell me yours/the name of the uploader? This tape is mythical to me. It pre-dates the first record

Probably have more than these pics are showing but I'm at work so

Bumping 4 u

does Twin infinitives include a poster?

That's the later reissue of it that I have and it didn't come with a poster. The original might. And I think the cd art folds out as a poster.

these cats are garbage

Ok i'll stop listening to them then sorry

cats and dogs?

I haven't explored all their discography yet, but you should definitely listen to Veterans of Disorder

I was glad to learn they reformed just a few minutes ago. I think they have the potential to make good stuff once again, like the Swans.

>Is anyone interested in a link perhaps?
Of course

dropbox.com/sh/w6royojmaoyo6wn/AAB2480Tkgm814RX86Vs-skza?dl=0

Took me fo-ever to get all these. Currently working on a show-by-show .txt quality rating review of every show

Thanks