Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums
neurosurg here
ask me whatever

wahtever?

here's a low-tech bad day

i know a lot about neurosurg but otherwise I'm just another user

pic related: sometimes bad days turn out ok

you every made a person retarded because of a accident or on porpuse?

RIP in peace he ded

ER neuro?

I assumed you guys were too busy to be sitting around for general/trauma ER duties. Do you just have a couple of neuro residents on call for neuro-related ER tasks?

Had a pilocytic astrocytom in cerebelum right. Was operated 6 years ago. Is there a chance it will come back?

Through what process does cabergoline diminish pituitary tumors?

on purpose? nope
always assess the risks versus the benefits before starting a case, user. of course, complications happen but in most cases predictable and manageable

true story

Not sure what ER neuro is
i'm a neurosurgeon. if a case comes through the ER, i'll get them sorted
no residents. not at an academic setting

how old are you? (range is ok)
JPA's are benign and do well depending on extent on initial resection
if you haven't had any recent follow up, make sure you get that sorted, user

pic related: typical ER case

How would you fix the housing problems people face in the inner cities?

Yes , 100% unless you go on a ketogenic diet and consume a sugar free diet for the rest of your life

how can candida affect the brain?

you want mechanism of action against a prolactinoma, user? pimping me, or what?

first, i'd take a nap. because i'm sleepy. then i'd look to the pyramids for inspiration.

da fuck you talking about, user? JPA recurrence related to sugar intake?

pic related to dostinex user

Is there a permanent fix for anxiety/serotonin defects?
Zoloft Britfag here, I'm sick of being a shell of my former self.

I have visual snow....how do I get rid of it?

why did you waste your life with a useless degree when you could have been a student of the humanities?

Is it true that if I stab myself in the ear with something long and thin I become an hero?

You sound more qualified than the current HUD secretary nominee

I just dont know how it works i shrunk mine by alot but i thinks its more from going low carb than by the cabergoline, also i was trolling the other user i have no idea what a jpa is

i get migraines like a motherfucker, how do you fix that shit? I mean other than sitting in a dark room and praying to fall asleep

is the brain squishy?

I know that neurosurgery encompasses quite a range of diseases and conditions (brain tumors, neurological disorders, disc bulges, radiculapathy, etc.).

I have pretty bad sciatic pain that has gone up and down for years amid multiple surgeries and every kind of PT and drug. Pain is still there and the new neurosurgeons I've seen just blow me off and give me some new shitty muscle relaxer that is useless.

Are there any that specialize in nerve damage or nerve conditions?

im not op but i used to have the same thing. was coming from my neck. chiropractics has helped me 100%

badly
pic related (although more likely bacterial tbh)

sorry to hear that, user. i understand it can be a bitch taking those meds. i don't know of any structural problems that can be corrected through surgery. all i can recommend is that you stay on your meds and only consider tapering them in a controlled fashion. good luck

floaters? cannot.
something else? tell us more

well played, user
truth be told, my undergrad was in a worthless non-STEM field. but... here we are.

eh. not likely. you'd need to get all fork-in-a-garbage-disposal with it to really be certain. there are cleaner, more certain techniques than that silliness. but, cmon user, why you want to do that madness? go outside and get some fresh air.

Hey I also get migraines, what i do is eat, take 400 mg ibuprofen , drink a strong coffee and a bottle of waterand sit in the dark and I kid you not it makes it go away

>ketogenic diet

I was 19 years old. Chances i got defects which i donĀ“t notice? Sometimes i got a bad pain where i was operated.
If i work long I feel very exhausted and it is hard to speek. I am starting to stumble. Is that normal?

1. How long do you think it will be before we are able to transplant a human brain into another human host?

2. How long can we preserve a human brain? I've heard indefinitely, but I'd like some confirmation or denial.

my gf sacrificed me to Satan there is no other way

How do I increase my brain levels and longevity?

How likely is someone going to die from a fractured skull with bleeding on the brain?

Sorry to hear that user, I had those when I was growing up. Haven't had any since I was 17 luckily, hope they stop for you soon too. 2nd worst pain I've had was migraines.

Is there a reason my migraines stopped at 17? I assumed it was a growing pains problem but am concerned if they come back as i get older.

meh, thanks but where I live we just have the hippie chiros that think they can cure diabetes...

Thank you based Op, Just as long as I'm not considered a weak, degenerative nutjob.
I will take your advice.
Peace Sup Forumsro. :)

My guess is you decreased your levels of zinc through chronic masturbation, high levels of zinc cause migraines.

how does a machete even go through a skull.. especially at that angle? and who would leave it there? it looks more like a refridgerator with a machete mounted to it fell on the guy

I ve been struggling with candida overgrowth for an whole year and these stupid urologists couldn't get it right.finally I self diagnosed myself and I'm feeling much much better.you think 14 days of difulcan-fluconazol-50mg would do the trick? I ve had brain fog and chronic fatigue syndrome and depression and alot of other candida related symptoms

Should I trust a surgeon that posts on Sup Forums?

fuck that noise
i like my job, i don't need govt headaches
i will never disparage the man's surgical contribution (he's probably saved more lives than i have, just based on grey hair count), but he's for sure a wing nut

you got a jpa or a prolactinoma?
pic related: surgical view after resection

healthy brain: firm tofu

sorry to hear that user
if you've had surgery already and new surgeons are saying, no more, i'd listen to them
sometimes the nerve has been injured from prior compression and there is no more surgical correction to safely consider. stretching and exercise (easy for me to say) are usually the best bang for buck. hope you get relief or at least tolerance. good luck

neurologists and their meds are usually a better path than surgeons. however, i don't (as a rule) recommend chiro depsite user's experience. apologies to chirofags lurking. very remote but real risk of catastrophic vascular injury from cervical manipulation.

Thanks...it's the weirdest shit like when the weather changes. Probably the lamest superpower ever, to be able to predict changes in barometric pressure by getting shitfuck headaches

lemon sized prolactinoma invading sinuses

my sis is the same, does the immitrex route. Thanks for the advice mang

In the off chance you are legit....I occasionally get a bad migraine/sharp pain in my head (varies but mostly at the base of my head where it meets the neck and also like a section behind either eye) and it is triggered by a sneeze, cough, or sometimes during sex. Should I be worried? Some backround I think is relevant is that I have played football from pop warner through college (and other contact sports) and I'm worried it might be related to essentially being in a minor car accident for many days in a row for years. It's just such a debilitating pain that it worries me...like hair pulling pain that leads to just feeling exhausted and out of it...thanks user

A while back I got 2 MRI's I think. The ones where I had to go in a loud tube and they let me listen to metal music...but the first time the neurologist said I was leaking spinal fluid at the base of my skull? And after the second one he merely said don't worry about it...anything odd or out of place about that?

Barbiturates help my migraines

OP what can I do about a sunflower seed stuck in my nostril? its like caught between some kind of ledge and been there for years. dont ask, just tell me

good recipe, user. glad you got relief.

got a recent post-op surveillance scan?
lingering discomfort is typical as is more easily feeling of fatigue. but at 6y postop i'd wonder if anything is brewing especially if you feel like you get more worn out more quickly than last year. if you haven't seen your doc in the last year, get yourself an appt user. good luck

my crystal ball says: never and never.
i like being wrong but i wouldn't invest in anything with cryo- in the name

pic unrelated

Hmm...guess I'll ask a neuroscientist instead. You could have said you don't know instead of left me hanging. That's cool though, have a nice day, neurosurgeon.

what do u do for a living

Oh...took long enough. I'll still look to find someone more qualified.

How is the brain of a psychopath?

Send pic and explain.

how rude, she was just trying to help

>If
If you heavily impacted your head/skull on a cement football pitch at 8. What damage could there be later on in life. If there has never been an x-ray or examination at all?
I do have a lump on my skull but that is all.

movement disorders.

can they be treated. how. specifically what surgical techniques/medications.

I have essential tremor or parkinsons. It has made life unbearable. i'm going to treat myself, because medicine is too expensive in the US.

Medical student here. Ask me anything, Ill beat op with my huge neuroanatomical knowledge.

>sorry to hear that user
>if you've had surgery already and new surgeons are saying, no more, i'd listen to them
>sometimes the nerve has been injured from prior compression and there is no more surgical correction to safely consider. stretching and exercise (easy for me to say) are usually the best bang for buck. hope you get relief or at least tolerance. good luck

Thanks for the reply.

I don't want more surgery, I just want the pain to be stopped or managed. I could go to pain management, but I know that isn't a solution and will involve some drugs or shots.

I'll keep with the PT and drug plan I'm on now, but it hasn't resulted in any change over the past year.

I'm 95% certain there is no current fix for my unique problem, based on dealing with this for 5 years. Is it possible that I just have permanent damage and the pain will never go away? I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just if permanent pain is possible from compression.

are you sure it's not cluster headaches you're suffering from?

also ibuprofen can have massive deleterious effects on the liver.

i don't care what you do for a living. go back to r3ddit you AMA faggot. this is Sup Forums not 'give me attention because of what i say'

kill yourself

hope you get sued - malpractice

How do you find the g spot and pleasure a woman, please provide first hand knowledge. Also is it true that it happens to every guy and its not that un common?

Do you have the radiologist's report for the MRIs?

OP whats the best solution to cluster migraines besides blowing my head off

levels of what, user? just do the common sense healthy stuff: indulge in moderation, maintain balance, exercise... blah blah blah. it's boring but far more effective than any snake oil being pitched.

a lot of variables, user.
epidural hematomas get the most press but different types of bleeds in different places can cause unwelcome mischief.
pic related

yeah. no.

peace, Sup Forumsruv

don't go misleading Sup Forums
no such thing as too much masturbation

it's all in the hips, user
aim for the fence

whoa there, user
you are talking about the little head and the big head and treating both concurrently
fungal infections can be a bitch but it's not rocket science to diagnose and properly treat. how you getting those meds without a script anyways? make sure you are getting appropriate follow up to exclude residual infection. good luck

Dear Sir,
As a medical student i do not own such knowledge.

I have idiopathic non-chiari syringomyelia. What can I expect out of life?

Negatory

I keep hearing that about ibuprofen i will stop using it, my headaches are pretty strange every step every movement makes it pound and hurt more

Just wanted to say that; while neurosurgeons are dicks, I appriciate you popping on here to say hi.

Have you done surgeries for temporal lobe epilepsy? Nothing comes up on my MRIs, but I have TLE for apparently no reason. No genetic history etc.

Once you cut someone open, is a problem area readily apparent in these cases, even if it doesn't show up on an MRI? Do you think its worth getting surgery in these cases?

Sad face :(

I've been experiencing vertigo for three weeks and in the last few days my eyes aren't focusing well like double vision - how big is my brain tumor?

Have you tried keto?

My grandma legit just died today from a series of strokes

How could we have prevented such a thing?

Its more likely you have diabetes have you been thirsty lately? are you overweight?

Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

still taking the med without unwelcome side effects, i hope? no csf rhinorrhea? lucky user
don't stop taking that med

word

biggest concerns to me are if the frequency or severity is increasing over time. it's unlikely to be structural in nature but it's possible you can get some relief with meds (if appropriate). see your primary as a first step. they'll set you up with initial testing/treatment/referral. hope you get some relief soon, user.

nah. the rads report probably said something about "csf collection" or pseudomeningocele" or some such. if the surgery was years ago and nothing is leaking through the skin, don't sweat that. the question is if there was any abnormal enhancement at the area of tumor resection. if none, you're doing ok, user.

i won't ask, user. it's between you and me.
see your PCP and get a referral to an ENT
if there's something there, they can fish it out
if you haven't had recurrent/chronic infections, it's not likely still there though.
and, word of advice, stop shoving shit up your nose.
christ's sake, user.

pic unrelated

kekd heartily

we love you Ben

Keto diet and calorie restriction

is that picture from a massive head trauma? stroke? aneurysm?

>not transferring her mind into a robotic body
It's 2017, get with the program

You could have pushed her down a flight of stairs a couple years ago and killed her before the series of strokes started

I have immunoglobulin deficiency enherited from my mother.it all started with what looked like prostatitis but with no sign of prostatitis and so I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis .I didn't take the meds by myself ,I had the luck of going to a nefrologist that believed my assumption based on the fact that she s been seeing very agresive candida infections.after I read into candida (because it was the only thing that was coming up in my gf s blood tests) I realized that I had symptoms like those I ve written before but I ve been putting them on the depression I had being in pain from the prostate.candida overgrowth explains all the symptoms I have plus others (like those written above).what follow up should I do after difulcan?

It could be very high blood pressure. I have no idea, I'd recommend you see a physician, you don't have to go through that suffering.

how on earth does ketosis + caloric restriction reduce the risk of stroke (unless the simple implication is weight loss).

I have an appointment in March.. but I don't want to wait that long. Cant I remove it somehow by myself? Can I do something to dislodge it? Is there tissue growth over it do you think? Or could I just get it out without bleeding/ risk of infection?

Cmon neurofag help me out. This shit is rare and I want to know if I'm gonna be a cripple

I was told there was significant reduction in the 30 days i started taking cabergoline no discharge but i did have a little blood from my nose it was very little and it was just a spot on a cleanex but dark red more like reddish snot i have 6 months on cabergoline to go then another mri

Kek'd and check'd

Not fully. Doc recommended it, but it didn't seem to help, and I kept getting seizures. I also dropped 30 lbs and looked like fucking skeletor.

Seizures have pretty much stopped now and I eat whatever I want, besides bacon / cured meats. For some reason I felt like they were causing me issues, but its probably not... When I was eating that I was getting multiple partials a day, now I've had a few a year. Btw all this shit randomly started at 26yo

sugar is bad and stuff

i make the donuts.
but, you know, that shit gets sold out quick so i needed something to fill the hours. hence neurosurgery.

good question, user
look up 'phrenology' to see how people have tried to sort that shit out
grossly, meaning macro scale, there's typically not an obvious difference (look up phineas gage for an exception)(pic related)
micro scale, people have tried to attribute variations from the norm to explain deviant behavior of different flavors
my own sense is that we don't know enough to really understand the situation

at this point, presuming you're not like 8 1/2, it's unlikely to be causing any ongoing issues. the lump may or may not be related, but if you can feel it through the scalp it's not likely to cause issues inside

How's your computer running

thanks will do

sugar is bad and stuff

I really really like my own farts. Like to the point where it's becoming a growing concern. I dont even give a fuck about personal space or if people can hear them or they smell bad. They just amuse me.

For example yesterday I was at a show and i cut a real nasty one right before the set and I could see the look on the faces of people around me that they could smell it (although it was crowded so I'm not sure if they even noticed it was me). I was so elated I almost got hard.

I even drank like 1/2 a gallon of milk today just so I could change up the smell from my normally protein-induced farts to something more exotic.

Does this mean my brain is broken?

I have a M.S. in mechanical engineering and after working for 5 years have been thinking of going back to school for medicine, possibly neurosurgery or radiology.

I'm one of the anons with nerve pain and feel like I should just become a doctor myself to figure it out and help others like me.

Any thoughts on my stupid idea?

thanks user. It has not increased in either frequency or severity which is why I haven't gone in for it. I have a check up soon anyway so ill bring it up. Thanks again

Can you fix the trans/pedo/zoophilic minds with an operation?

fuck user, that sucks
but essential vs PD is not a tough one
if you don't have insurance, get that shit before it becomes unobtainable for 'pre-existing conditions'
see the primary, get a referral to a neurologist, and they can guide you to the best meds
usually surgery, while effective, is reserved for problems refractory to medication (meds no longer work)
good luck getting it sorted

sup user
what year and where you headed?

5 years is a long time to suffer, user
that being said, i wouldn't lose hope
unless two docs have told you (never believe one if it's big news) there is irreversible damage and the current pain will be permanent, i'd take it one day at a time. if you haven't seen pain docs yet, may be worth a visit. they sometimes have cocktails to recommend that won't necessarily have unwelcome side effects
in the meantime, keep on keeping on. as long as you don't give up hope, you have a chance to achieve pain-free fun. good luck

roger that, user
pic related: try this

>how many years of residency?
>your age when you got official doctor title?
>$$ during residency and $$ made with title?

And most importantly,
>whats your resume like? Did you have to do volunteering for med school?
Fuck the poor and needy. I used to be like that but the world is cold. Money talks. Fuck altriusm and doing shit for free. Id rather do research and internships out the ass

lobotomy