ITT Best films of the last 20 years. I'll start with this criminally overlooked Damonkino

ITT Best films of the last 20 years. I'll start with this criminally overlooked Damonkino

>Lost out Best Picture to fucking Titanic
Disgusting.

>overlooked
I don't think so. Maybe if you were born after 2005

How about a real film. Not that Gus hasn't made something that qualifies for this thread. Your choice is no good

Also pic related is the best film of our time

Coincidentally, I was born the year that film came out and never met anyone my age who knows about it

i was about to say that that's not even Gus Van Sant's best film of the last 20 years but then i realized My Own Private Idaho came out in 1991

>are you not entertained?

literally who and what

>I share the board with these plebs

I usually don't say reddit, but REDDIT

i'm unsurprised that someone who thinks that Gladiator is the pinnacle of filmmaking hasn't heard of Sion Sono

>i'm so sophisticated

Elephant is an insanely visceral movie and it affected me greatly

Good choice for sure

Whatever man

Well, it just puts you closer to the horror.

Technically it's almost a horror film--it takes you where you don't normally want to go.

Sion sono has made some very significant and unappreciated art. His 80's and 90's stuff was way ahead of its time. Do some research and some watching and then you will see how your claims are dumb

Another good choice liked it better than in the mood for love. I haven't like his recent films either

>you can't tell the difference between "i am superior" and "you are an idiot"
yet you didn't say either of those in your other post

>not knowing how to use green arrows
>turning this into an argument that you have to win
howdy reddit

>image.jpg

looks like plebbit is down again

That's what I loved about it.

This film had an opposite and very chill effect on me, especially the first hour

You have yet to post a quality film

Ridley is legit better than Sion Sono. One just happens to appeal to edgelord weebs

There Will Be Blood
No Country For Old Men
The Thin Red Line
Mulholland Drive
City of God
Children of Men
The Social Network
Inside Llewyn Davis
A Serious Man
Margaret

TWBB is overrated af cuz muh Daniel day lewis

One happens to appeal to retarded hollow wood tit suckers who can't recognize something profound if it's untraditional

So what if I'm not sitting at home

All better than gladiator but I wouldn't say all fit the thread

I truly think The Rule of Attraction is the comfiest film ever

>So what if I'm not sitting at home
your pretentious posturing more of a giveaway than your file names

>still on about gladiator

I don't understand your post

It's not a >2deep4u puzzle movie to be solved, it's just about having to confront the depressing nature of reality

It's also one hell of a comedy

>Malick
>The Assassin

can you be more tryhard. Did you pretend to like The Artist as well?

Tropical Malady is good to be fair

I don't like goodwill hunting, will seems like a male mary sue, he's a super intelligent math genius, but he also hangs out with the cool kids, and can pull chicks almost effortlessly, oh and also he's """damag3d"""

i love synechdoche

The people who hate on it are usually contrarians who think its bad because Adam from YMS loves it.

A broken clock is right but only twice a day

Zodiac
In the Mood for Love
Yi Yi
The Social Network
The Departed

>'film critic'
>IMDb

Memento
The Prestige
Inception
Drive
Interstellar
Django Unchained

Nobody cares you autist.

if i wanted to be tryhard i'd cite stuff like Horse Money, Jauja, and Hard to Be a God

WKW's films are beautiful enough that you barely notice the plot. There's not much to notice, anyway.

>replying to a post from 3 hours ago
>autist

newfag galore in here

>muh plot
lol

Based user

>that atmosphere
>those fucking performances
>dem fucking beard genetics

If we are talking about BEST FILM, it should check all the boxes, no?

>plebs think they can quantify the quality of a film with the concept of a checklist
jesus christ, dude. there is no list of components that a film must have for it to be good. you sound like my father after we watched Drive, complaining that there wasn't enough comedy for it to be a "good" action film

you are literally a fucking retard

stick to the /got/ general and music videos

>you sound like my father after we watched Drive, complaining that there wasn't enough comedy for it to be a "good" action film

Jesus

Keep your torpedoes dry, I don't want to fight about it. In The Mood For Love is awe-inspiring, I particularly like the repeated shots of Maggie Cheung's ass in slow motion (or was it).

>19 year olds
>watching Good Will Hunting

give it some time, but it is an extremely popular movies with people a decade older than you.

27 here never seen it don't even know what it's about

end urself

If not trolling, you're seriously missing out. Go and watch it, user

durrr ima therapist with a doctorate and tons of training. o no im going to get buttmad over some retard insulting my dead wife

>Titanic
>James Cameron

get cucked mate, u lose

Are you a sociopath? How does a concept of getting offended when someone baits you on your dead wife trouble you?

>Sup Forums is a chatroom and posts have to be towards specific people

Wew, truly is reddit in here

niggers here won't admit it, but yes

don't blame me for your fucking retarded interpretation. blame your meth-head parents for not aborting you