Wake up

>wake up
>hear the war siren alarm
what would you do and how would you survive from movies you have seen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ibWJnY6Ur8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Defense_Cooperation_Agreement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stay put. I'm in a remote area, far away from strategic targets, upwind of fallout patterns and I have plenty of supplies.

Boredom would be my deadliest challenge.

It would be a terrible series full of, "Oh it's a jerk off in the woods and eat a pork sandwich episode."

Make peace with God and accept Jesus into my heart as the one true savior.

Go outside and breathe in the super power giving air.

Jokes on you since the end of the cold war there aren't even any civil defense sirens in most cities anymore unless you're in a location that gets tornados so they're still used for that.

Your only warning will happen if you have your TV on, and the Russians will most likely strike when it's like 3am EST, when your TV is most likely off.

You will go to sleep, and for an instant you will feel the most intense searing pain of your life and then nothing.. well, actually you might not even feel it. If you're close enough to ground 0 you'll be dead before your brain can receive the pain signal.

>Jokes on you since the end of the cold war there aren't even any civil defense sirens in most cities anymore unless you're in a location that gets tornados so they're still used for that.

Here in Finland we still have them.

Lock myself in the empty room downstairs, put on my headphones, and listen to "Tom's Diner" (original acapella) one last time as the world ends around me.

>the Russians will most likely strike when it's like 3am EST, when your TV is most likely off.
That seems extra cruel, and a bit sad. Facing apocalypse in your sleep

>you'll be dead before your brain can receive the pain signal.

if only

jump into the nearest refrigerator

>the Russians will most likely strike
Kek, get with the times, grandpa. The Chinese are the biggest threat right now.

I live inbetween a major city and an international airport just 5 miles apart and both major nuclear targets.

I'd just lie back and enjoy the sweet release of an instant death.

>wake up
>jdimsa didn't happen
>fuck this gay earth

to know I could travel America playing The Walking Dead for real would be pretty sweet.

>chinks
>threat
lol

I would move to the largest, closest military base and sit down to wait to be incinerated.

>wake up
>grarjbaldhskdfj make up
>higdscraslkjdf shakeup
>whaklsdjfkljhyl;k table

Why would my tv ever be off silly?

China now have the biggest Navy in the world. and the largest number of soldiers. they are working on the rest.

I will do this, if I survive it will go viral.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ibWJnY6Ur8

>oh shit nukes are gonna hit any second
>magically teleport to remote location

Bro, you'd be dead already.

>American
>educated

I had this kind of surreal dream where I was at my grandma's house just outside and watching a prop plane fly by. Then I saw some bombs trailing downward and I was scared shitless. So I ran into the garage and hid in the trunk of her car.

>tfw grandparents have 3 bunkers from the cold war era
>tfw closes one is all the way in west texas

>the Russians will most likely strike when it's like 3am EST, when your TV is most likely off.
What is this the 1950s? The big threat is China. Also these days we're living in times that can bring nuclear war. A lot of people don't know it but the nuclear arms industry is going through a boom because governments are modernized their nuclear weapons programs. Obama started this trend. We haven't been this up in arms since the 60s. Virtually no one knows about it. Plus with the creation of offensive cyber weapons, the boomers have created a world more dangerous than the cold war.

Joke is on you. Unless you live quite close to a target you wil not die in the blast.

You will get radiation poisoning and die slowly.
You will starve in the resulting famine.
You will be killed in the resulting anarchy.
You will get cancer and die as all the hospitals are exploded.
You will survive all this but wish you didnt.
You will be sterile.

Why havent nuclear weapon countermeasures been invented yet?

Cant we shoot it while its flying?

Look at thisThose are the real locations where bombs will fall. No place is safe. The US will irradiated. So will the rest of the world. The fallout alone will create a form of nuclear winter. Once one country launches a nuke other countries will do the same. Global thermonuclear war will bring an end to the human race.

I live in a relatively remote are, or at least remote enough to not be a strategic target. I would simply grab the guns I have, barricade the fuck out of my house, wait a few weeks, and then get the fuck out.

after that there is no knowing what will happen, who knows who cares, at least I might have a chance.

I saw Threads and When the Wind Blows, I would just let the nuclear blast take me senpai.

>after that there is no knowing what will happen
Super mutants will come looking for you and force you to become their sex slave.

>wake up
>hear the war siren alarm
I actually pay attention to the news so I'm already on my way to an area with clean water and has very little strategic value.

>get nuked
>become ghoul

Stay jelly smooth skins

Snu snu?

What is the significance of those 3 black blobs in the middle?

Whats with the 3 massive clumps?

This. You're much worse off surviving.

Vampire nests.

I live roughly 45 minutes from the capitol so I'd be toast

Well, better to be vaporized instantly than survive with radiation burns on over 80% of my body like those poor japs

>The big threat is China.
Right... China sure is a big threat.
That is where most of the missile silos are located for the US

I live miles away from the city, so as long as the fallout doesn't blow this way I should be fine. So long as a nuke doesn't go off course, obviously.

Even if you had time to load your vehicle and go, the roads would be jammed, off-road really isn't plausible, you're still dead. Life isn't like the movies mate.

This is why the autism basement dwellers would die first.

>I learnt how to survive from movies

Well then why are they only hit in a 2k warhead scenario? Why aren't they a target at all in a 500 warhead scenario?

Step #1: get hype
Step #2: there is no step 2

Probably just get a coffee and spend the day on the internet (if it's still working) as usual

That is exactly what Im saying. Unless you live under the dot you wont die in the blast. You wont get the sweet 3am blackout described, you will die in a horrible pain from radiation poisoning, famine, pestilence or anarchy.

>So will the rest of the world
Southern hemisphere is relatively safe.

>Thinks China isn't a threat
Denial is powerful.

Probably won't survive. No underground bunkers in my area, at least not that i know of.
Anyway, if the whole planet gets irradiated everyone eventually dies, no way to survive more than a few years in a bunker and radiations last for decades if not centuries.

Please tell me how china is a threat.
>inb4 their population

ICBMs can reach you in 30 minutes. US can launch their own in 10 minutes and that was in the 60s. I bet it's much faster now. If you only have 500 warheads, you want to wipe out as many people as possible because hitting the silos is a waste at that point. Silos can only fire once anyways.

That's where all our silos are located and the one in the middle near Cheyenne is Norad. That's where the President will be put in case of nuclear war. Also that's where our critical early warning systems are based.

What motivation would China have to destroy the US in todays world with the globalized economy and all that? Whats the gain?

no part of the globe will be safe from nuclear war. Radiation alone will blanked the planet.

Then... why bother blanketing them in a 500 warhead scenario if they can only be fired once?

Wasting your nukes on hitting the silos is a waste because there is nothing there but the bombs. Its better to destroy the population.

>facts don't count
So why bother?
Just plug your ears and scream the star spangled banner for all I care.

Power struggle. Which is already happening. China is also tranisitiing away from us by building the land-sea trade belt aka the new silk road. They're too dependent on our trade routes and our GPS. All of this is to challenge the US dominance in teh world sometime in the mid 21st century.

And how does burning the US off the map help them with trade?

Did it actually die at the end?

My info is from the 60s, man. Also if you have extra warheads, might as well take out a few silos you think won't launch as fast.

Yes but judging from nuclear testing the southern hemisphere will only get about a third as much fallout. And models suggest a tenth as much smoke.

Now for most of africa which is already on the brink of famine that will be catastrophic. For south america and australia it wont be as bad. Still a bad time mind you just not to the same extent the north will experience.

>All "threats" = Nuclear

Russia would most likely drop bombs similar to when we dropped the A-bombs in Japan in the AM when everyone was out and about

Looks like we have to go...
...to the MOON

I just saw Jaws again.

I suppose I wouldn't swim so I would be fine. But I can't stand a depressed small town without beach season.

If I have to catch the shark I think I would be alright if I don't smash my radio

OK

IF I'M IN NEW ZEALAND

WILL I GET NUKED IN A GLOBAL NUCLEAR WAR

IF I DON'T WILL I DIE FROM FALLOUT?

I NEED TO KNOW

Making them the only competitor. Trading with other partner that's not the US is already their main source of export. Having multiple trade routes will help them in capacity. Also don't relied on trade to give you peace. History is filled with war that go against trade and economics thought. Also these days a cyber assault is more deadly than a nuke. I'm pretty sure teh Chinese have a program in place to attack all our infrastructure.

Everyone else it talking about nukes and fallout, I figured you were.

I don't want to survive.

>>facts don't count
So I'm guessing you were going to use the population as a means to say they are a threat right? I'm sure their one aircraft carrier will do quite a bit of damage. Infantry really doesn't matter anymore in a full out war.

Don't worry. There is no such thing as nuclear fallout.

No need when Russian subs have already a plan of attack against the underwater cables across the pacific to cut everyone off the internet.

>Super Powers fight wars with soldiers
You need to get out of the 50's

NZ was not a target during the cold war. Australia had (probably still has) one target with another possible. NZ and Australia are both agricultural nations capable of feeding themselves. Nuclear war is survivable for both.

That is unless china has some reason to target NZ.

>Aircraft Carriers: 1

That list is old. The Chinese have more subs than the US. This is why the US navy is afraid because they have the capabilities to swarm the US subs in combat. I believe they also have more fixed fighter jets than the US as well. They have more J-10s than F-15, 16, 18, 22 combined. In a combat model the F-22 will be sent in and 100 of those F-22 will go against 500 j-10s. All the f-22 are destroyed and about 10 J-10s come back alive.

US HAS NO CORVETTES

US IS GONNA GET BTFO

the issue is that china isn't exactly top dog and never has been and they are gigantic and have tons of resources
challenging the U.S would pretty much allow them control of the world instead of the U.S, control policies across the world, lean on smaller government etc. etc.
The problem is that America has a strong cultural backbone that supports the rampant capitalism that eats babies and shit, and a legal landscape that encourages active and vicious spending. This is also shown in the U.S tax system which encourages legal money laundering through organizational charities that also benefit the cultural landscape.
China, right now, they are afraid to help old people who literally die on the street because they get sued by them. Its a cheat to get ahead culture, so they need things like a national enemy far more than the U.S does.
However, that's only if they are freaking madmen. What most likely is going to happen is they get a few concessions and keep getting them because the U.S would rather China grow and then exploit them economically than actual war.
War will come once the government start failing their jobs and tip the public into a frenzy. Then the corporations may be the only thing holding the world back from total destruction because they need their widget from 200 different countries to make a profit.

>100 f22s destroyed

Good thing we made 198 then. Well use the f35 as missile shields.

Is China ready for modern sub warfare? US subs are ridiculously advanced.

>Is China ready for modern sub warfare?
Their troops have never been in any real war.

Life in China is war, user. Every fucking day.

>26 Corvettes

Imagine the war m8

Like only 1 in 10,000 gooks will actually have a weapon, most will just use fists and you will get tons of free kills before you are threatened

literally just doorgunning millions of chinkies swimming over the pacific because there's not enough boats for them

I can't remember what the exact scenario was but the USAF and Navy doesn't want to fight the Chinese in air because they have more pilots and jets than us. Their numbers actually mean something. Plus they're modernizing faster than most people care to admit. Their new type-99 MBT for example is an M1A2/T-90A killer. It was designed in mind to fight those two tanks in combat. Also they stole the designs for both tanks. I wouldn't be surprised if both the Russians and Americans got the blueprints for the Type-99 as well. The US is currently building the M1A3 and the Russians are going with the T-14. F-35 are meant to replace the aging F-15s and half the F-16s. The F-18s still have some fight in them .

>wake up
>it's another terroist attack in your country

can't wait for the sequel in another 6 months

>most will just use fists

Nigga, have you seen Crouching Tiger? That's way scarier than them having guns.

>Chink bathtubs doing anything against our Ohio class submarines.

>Like only 1 in 10,000 gooks will actually have a weapon,
This isn't the 1970s. This is modern China. These fuckers can produce that shit in a day. The QBZ-98 is their main rifle and its made of plastic. They do lack equipment for the soldier. They don't have a lot of armor, or other gear the US/NATO troops use in combat. That's going to change within 10 years.
Not yet, but you build them in numbers and you can take down those nuclear subs.

>f35 replacing f15
>single enigne multirole replacing a multiengine air superiority fighter
In your wildest dreams bruh. The f22 was that replacement and we arent making anymore. The supply chain is long gone.

>Chinese fake copies all blow up
>Guns jam
>Patriot missiles start falling back down
>aircraft fall from the sky

>15 Chinese diesel subs versus one Ohio class sub
One Chinese sub get away. 14 dead and an Ohio class sub is in the bottom of the pacific. That's the strategy for now. They're building nuclear subs that rival the ohio class subs.

>F-22
Didn't they build that to replace the defunct F-14 program?

Oh fuck off. Nuclear vs Diesel doesn't mean shit. One torpedo is the end for a sub, simple as that. Nuclear subs are a meme.

>what would you do

shitpost on Sup Forums until the internet goes, and then just wait to get turned into a ghoul

>Nuclear vs Diesel
He doesn't know the noise Diesel engines make underwater. Sonar would pick up that shit from a 100 miles away. There is a reason why nuclear subs are kings in submarine warfare.

America getting pulled in

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Defense_Cooperation_Agreement

No the f22 was THE future fighter of the us. With the sequester and the percieved cost it more or less got canned and that was awhile back too. Only 198 were made and thats all that will probably be made

The f35 was to be the export aircraft for the US allies and the us's needs.

>it's an Americans know they are losing it thread

>patrol craft: 138 to 13

doomed, doomed i tell you