youtube.com/watch?v=OJQyTnD74gk
youtu.be/y-3CEwgiySU
youtube.com/watch?v=j1RzxBBAQzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should have been the first single.

Pretty underwhelming desu

Good single.

Why is Sup Forums so slow now?

enjoyable, not as good as Saturn Barz or Andromeda but much better than Ascencion or We got the power

S'good

We got the power is great though

disagree

It's better, but why is every track pushing Damon so much to the background

Good song but way too short.

DUDE FUCK TRUMP LMAO
b-but we'll censor his name so we don't cause controversy ehehe

this albums looking pretty fucking good so far, imo

hype

Doesn't sound like Gorillaz

I'm feeling the same (except for Andromeda). I mean, we know Gorillaz is a colaborative project, but could be more Damon in these tracks. By now the only tracks that seems to have a significant participation of Damon in vocals are Androme and Busted and Blue.

This has nothing to do with Trump cunt face.

Andromeda* fix'd

You never listened to Gorillaz before did you ?

The beeping in the first verse is censoring Trump and Obama, cunt face.

Terrible.
Andromeda still remains the only passable track, nu-Gorillaz fans need not apply

Lyrics is "Obama is gone, who is left to save us?" wjat the fuck this has gone toofar I hate this fucking anime band now

I've been a fan of them since probably before you were born, so yeah I know what they sound like.

My niggas. These tracks have all been decent and enjoyable and I'm not gonna flip out if the entire album is like this but at the same time I'd have liked some more solo tracks in there, some of their best work has been Damon only and the ones with features tend to be more of an even split.

Old Man Yells at Cloud

So Humanz is basically just going to be a bunch of songs whining about "muh Obama, muh cops, muh racism" judging by this, Ascension, and others, how tiring.
Damon's not even at the centerpiece, though I doubt he cares anyways since he's lazy enough to use his iPad again

this is starting to feel incredibly yoko ono
like the "politically aware" shit is becoming so on-the-nose its embarrassing
whens albarn gonna announce his bed in for peace

she's my collar is mostly damon, too

And Charger

Why are British artists so obsessed with American politics? It's ruining the music because the lyrics aren't even fucking subtle anymore.

Nice argument. Just because the track has Damon mumbling in the chorus doesn't make it a Gorillaz track. I doubt anyone would be able to tell it's a Gorillaz track if "Gorillaz" wasn't in the title.

>Obama is gone, who is left to save us?
>So together we mourn, I'm praying for my neighbors
>They say the devil's at work and Trump is calling favors

Does anybody else find it hilarious that Damon basically admitted the entire album was created as a response to the rise of Trump?

It makes me so happy knowing that this album basically only exists because Trump ran for President (and won). If he had never run Damon probably never would have felt tortured and distraught enough to start making a new album.

President Trump fixing everything as usual, make sure you thank him when the album drops.

>all of the triggered Sup Forumstards itt
I like this song just for that, but i legitimately think it's better than all of the previous singles, including Andromeda. I guess i can see why you'd hate it if you only like early gorillaz, but it sounds very Plastic Beach-ey, and i really liked Plastic Beach.

Damon releasing a shitty iPad album with excessive on-the-nose political drivel doesn't count as fixing anything.

what would make it a gorillaz track?

He said Trump was just a coincidence, thats why he censored this one

people who claim Andromeda is the only good song on the album so far are faggots that only enjoy songs like Feel Good and Clint Eastwood.

DESU If you really have listened to more of their shit, a lot of their tracks across all albums are good. They have different styles and feels etc.

Hallelujah Money, Stop the Dams, Last Living Souls, Fire Coming Out of a Monkey's Head aren't songs that are anywhere like the basic shit that a lot of filthy normies enjoy, feel good inc, clint eastwood.

Nice bait fags
kys

He literally said in an interview that the album wasn't made about Donald Trump at all

The album was finished way before the elections (early 2016), cunt face.

I don't like Trump.
But I also don't like shitty Hallelujah Money tier music with bad lyrics just because Damon can't stop being angry about politics from a different country.
I'm tired of politics ruining music. You can make good political songs, but these latest ones have not been that because they're yoko ono levels of on-the-nose and are so blatant that it takes away from the music.

The difference is all those songs you listed sans Hallelujah Money are actually good. These new songs just aren't, unless you like generic rap, an autotuned Jamaican, and tripe like that.

As someone who can't think of a single Gorillaz song I dislike before this album, Humanz is incredibly disappointing. Only nu-Gorillaz fans pretending to be old fans say stuff like what you're saying.

>implying there were no controversy with Trump pre-2016

Living under a rock?

Yeah Trump was only controversial as soon as he was elected no one had any strong feelings about him throughout his campaign

Man I was really waiting for the official audio to blow me away like the life version did, but it actually is underwhelming compared to the live version. The live version sounds so much more passionate, here the voices sounds much duller and lacking the emphasis that the live version had.

wow..political album...so..innovative

>Released "Hallelujah Money" the day before Trump is inaugurated, admitted this was on purpose.
>half the songs have to do with minorities struggling to push the political bent
>Got an Arabic band to perform for the album on purpose.
>Literally admitted the album was imagined from the scenario of a horrible event happening on Earth, inspired by the rise of Trump.
>Admitted he's legitimately upset that Trump won.

youtube.com/watch?v=q6ToEichofI

I've been listening to Gorillaz since I was a 10 year old kid. they've always had political nonsense in their songs. There's so much anti-Bush lyrics in Demon Days. It's just never been this blatant before.

But even so, I like the tracks released so far. Gorillaz has always changed up their sound. Just be thankful Trump made Damon Albarn so upset it got his tortured artist juices flowing.

>Trump is giving us another "The Fall" with special guests
T-t-thanks
Actually interesting instrumentals not from an iPad, Damon playing a more prominent role in the vocals, and honestly just feeling like there's an actual band playing. When you listen to Demon Days or the self titled record, it actually makes you feel like these made up members of the band are actually playing. Each of the members has a very unique style of playing their instruments.

Well I'm not nu ;3

But what I will tell you is I enjoy a lot of the new tracks because I am....keeping an open mind I guess.

We got the Power and Acension I dislike though and prettymuch avoid like the plague.

Saturnz Barz I find enjoyable though the rapping is shite, It'll grow on you kinda like how Hallelujah Money grew on me. Andromeda is good but I feel it's honestly tied with Saturnz Barz and doesn't deserve the huge amount of praise it does, just because it's mainly Damon's vocals.

>all these singles except andromeda

All art is political, you can't just remove politics from music

He's right though. If you listen to s/t and Demon Days, they have much more in common than what we've heard from Humanz so far.

It's mainly due to the longer than ever collab list, the departure from more traditional instruments and the songs featuring way less Damon vocals than before. That music doesn't sound like a band made it, which is what Gorillaz is supposed to be.

I'm not saying it's bad either though. I like the songs we've heard so far, but if it wasn't posted on the Gorillaz youtube account, I wouldn't know it's from them.

>It's just never been this blatant before.
That's the point
Not a single Demon Days song even mentions the name Bush.
There's already three songs that mention Trump or Obama in some ways. It's not clever lyrically and the music behind the vocal is also terrible.
911 is one of my favorite singles, so again, it's not bad because it's political, it's bad because it's political AND done so in a poor way.

>music that talks about love is political

>all art is political
>you can't just remove politics from music

that's where you're double wrong, kiddo

trump is living in libtards heads rent free since nov 9, trump is going to be responsible for every album the next 4 years.

I really wish I could see what's so special in all these new songs but even after giving them several listens, they sound generic and forgettable at best. I don't even care about the political stuff I just want to like this album dammit.

They are insert here lyrics for whoever is now president and who was president. If this was released in 2008 than it could have been, "Bush is gone, who is left to save us?" Likewise, "They say the devil's at work and Obama is calling favors."

To be apolitical is a political stance

Did he really use an iPad for this album ? Where did he say that ?

Albarn was actually clever with his anti-Bush opinions back then, though. He wouldn't have written anything like that.
So in other words music will be shit for at least 4 years.
Interview

"Obama is gone, who is left to save us?

This is trash.

Why the fuck are they brining those wannbe trash rappers in?

Where is actual music?

Why does it sound like generic shitty Drake/other trash here song?

Where is this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=93jsY-YdZ1s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYs4wDpzUXo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DNG_lFShmkE

Albarn didnt write it, Pusha did

This is so true.

We're going to have renaissance of good art and music being produced by punished libtards who wake up in the middle of the night thinking about the combovered boogieman.

God bless President Trump

also

>4 years

Link to the interview ?

This is gonna be the modern day "whats going on?'

>Albarn isn't even writing the music for the Gorillaz album
No wonder this album has been so fucking garbage, Jesus. it's barely even his.
The album may as well just be titled "bunch of artists piggybacking on a name"
>good music
Humanz is already disproving that it will be good

just google it retard. everybody knows that shit anyway. how old are you?

Just give a link you lazy fuck.

>it's garbage because it's collaborative
rockism at its finest

Can anyone explain to me why almost every song has first half dedicated to some jamaican gibberish rapper?

>Hey guys here's a 3-4 minute pop song that has my political opinion encoded in it, even though I can't explain my beliefs in depth since its a 3-4 minute pop song!!!

>Try not to be alienated about the very specific time sensitive subject matter and don't let it bother you that in 1 year the song won't even be relevant to anything and that opinion might even change!!!

>Woooh I love instantly dating my music like milk in the hot June sun, hey g-guys why don't you like my music??? YOU MUST BE XXXX SUPPORTERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY MUSIC, THIS SONG IS ABOUT HOW SHIT YOU GUYS ARE!!!!

every fucking time

no its garbage because it sounds bad
and it sounds bad because the people collaborating are bad
you an idiot?

Diversity

I mean the best Gorillaz albums are the ones that are mostly Damon and his work so yeah, that statement is correct.
These collabs suck so far

No, it just sounds bad.

Andromeda is so far the only decent song.

>waaaah why does Gorillaz have rap
>waaaaah niggers
>waaaaaaah blacks go away

Like at least try to hide the fact that you're an insufferable newfag. Pass the 10th grade then maybe we can talk

>waaaah why doesnt gorrilaz have good rap
>waaaaah untalented niggers
>waaaaah wheres the talent
ftfy

>all this projection
The problem isn't the rap, it's that the rap is bad
The problem isn't black people, it's that the collab artists are using the album to whine about shit with unclever blatant lyricism that kills the song.
Albarn is a sellout and no one on the album is talented.

>good music
>every album will be " DOES ANYON THINK DRUMF IS BAD"?! for 4 years
>libtards are servile to the elite during a democratic president and hostile during a republican one
>damon isnt even american
>thinking music can actually change anything, yeah all that punk music rally stopped ronny raygun

Excuse me which version of the song do you prefer again?

the fuck is wrong with you.

this
anything you do can be seen as a political stance yes including music, eating a bacon sandwich isn't a political act unless it is in saudi arabia

Stop projecting.

Rap on Clint Eastwood and Dare was excellent.

This however is just gibberish without rhyme.

So you both disagree with me that this

youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5Gd99Z7zA&feature=youtu.be

sounds better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=1dONxX9rifs

Genuinely curious

I was just mocking you repeating "live version" so much in your post.

>it doesnt rhyme because I said so
nice

i don't really care about the election or obama anymore but could gorillaz please chill on the political lyrics? where the fuck was any of this in plastic beach or ST?

>loud blaring bass and synths with unintelligible yelling vs. properly heard mixing and booth audio recording and the full scope of the artists vision.

Yea that's a real hard one.
Honestly kill yourself tonight.

Is it possible to dislike this song?
I'm listening on some huge speakers right now and am fucking blown away.

You have have shit taste or are blinded by lyrics that go with your political bias. Possibly both.

the album literally is a response to trump becoming president lmao libruls are absolutely assblasted

remember when times were simpler?
youtube.com/watch?v=OJQyTnD74gk

People will argue that Gorillaz was always political but there's a stark difference with how it's done
Demon Days has vague anti-Bush songs but none of which mentioned Bush by name.
911 is literally and blatantly a song about the war and Bush isn't mentioned.
There are already three songs that mention Bush or Trump by name along with all the anti-cop and racism-related shit in the songs.
It's not done in a clever way and it's there too much. Humanz is just Hallelujah Money but an entire album.
We don't talk about Doncamatic.

why whats wrong with doncamatic?

>bush or Trump
Sorry, meant Obama or Trump.

>posting the worst song from gorillaz

what the fuck dude

youtu.be/y-3CEwgiySU

It's just personal opinion, I like the music but I don't like the guy's singing.
D-Sides is full of hidden gems. Hidden for normie standards, at least. youtube.com/watch?v=j1RzxBBAQzA

>trump lyrics

literally nobody mentions trump. quit being dellusional you tinfoil wearer

Aside from the "Fuck Drumf" shit
Sounds good desu

the words are Trump and Obama and it's censored for the radio because BBC refuses to play songs with political content, all the way back to Heaven 17's "Fascist Groove Thang".

>literally no one mentions Trump
Stop being retarded, fuckface.
Hallelujah Money is stated literally to be an anti-Trump Song
Let Me Out's censored lyrics has Trump and Obama in it
And Ascension also mentions Obama

He never wrote the colaborators parts.