I work for an mtg store ask me anything

I work for an mtg store ask me anything

What went wrong?

What went wrong with your life?

Why did you post a pokemon card?

whats ur favorite color

Has your nose corroded off your body yet?

How much do you earn per month?

I don't play much magic the gathering,
But when I do, my first card I place is an island

got tired of doing construction and a buddy got me a job there
Black
Not yet my man

I currently make about 1300

what did you have for breakfast?

How is Force of Will holding up at your store?

How many of the regulars are clean shaven, dress normally and are a healthy weight? Bonus points if they are sociable. Not even memeing I'm genuinely curious. Do you have store game events? If so how is the culture there are the people friendly and welcoming to newbies and not elitist turbo autist?

Where do you work?

Do you plan on doing a work shooting/suicide? If no, why not?

Kek I want to go to a event but I'm not that good and I know there will be 30 year olds who devoted th last 20 years of there life to magic.

pork chop and egg over easy with some fried potatoes
the card or the game?
not very many ha we do event quite often. Our retail employees are very nice kind of brown nosers though

Bumping for this.

All i will say is its pretty popular all around the U.S and even outside of the us.
No but i will gladly stop one ;P

>Black
A negromancer? Objectively the worst color.

I meant are the people who come to the events nice and not cunts. Of course the employees are civil.

I dont play the game. if i played id probably play blue/white
i dont go to any events so i dont really know

How many people show up for standard vs modern/legacy?

Which country you work in?
Cause if AUS and in my local area wouldn't mind playing a match or two on your day off.

how has the new tezz been selling?

about 15
USA bby

not too hot

What do you think is one of the most overpowered cards in Standard and Modern at the moment that hasn't got the ban hammer yet?

Cali?

*card(s)

nope.
I couldnt say honestly I dont play the game

how can you possibly do your job if you dont know the game?

Do you like Yu-Gi-Oh!?

I work in our warehouse I help fill orders and manage inventory
Not particularly

Are customers generally nice or rude?
Also, does the store sell non M.T.G. stuff such Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, baseball cards, comic books, et cetera?

can you make a crd out of this?

I used to work in a comic/shop as a second job but they're closing at the end of February so I got let go, but anyway
1 are your yugioh players a bunch of over competitive meta obsessed cunts
2 do you charge admission for tcg tournaments or eat the cost
#2 is part of what killed the place I worked at

>2 do you charge admission for tcg tournaments or eat the cost
Not OP. What do you mean eat the cost?

From what retail employees tell me they are generally pretty nice but there is the occasional bad apple.
Probably
i dont know anything about our yugioh base and I believe we charge but im not 100%

Eating the cost is where a store runs a tcg tournament without admission fees and takes a loss in profit from it
We used to charge admission to pay for the cost of the prize pool for tournaments and the cost of promo cards provided for such events, but so many customers began to whine that they were paying to lose and started to travel to the nearest shop to ours which was about 45 minutes away for free admission just to lose there

What would you say will be the dominant color combination in the next standard pro tour? Also I stopped playing after kaladesh and I want to get back into some local fnm's is there any unsung play styles I might want to try?

Hm possibly blue/white? I have a friend who plays blue/black and does pretty well at our fnms

Oh okay. Thanks.
So how can the other store afford to eat the cost but no your (former) store?

What tcg is charging you for promos? I know mtg onrs are free with amounts based on you store level and from what ive seen force of will hands them out like candy and those nice stiched mats with all the weeb shit on em. Like 5$ event 2 packs per entry. Everyone gets at least one and the rest to top players depending on size. Or just go free and pay out shit like 2 for first and 1 random + wizard supplied promos which all suck big floppy donkey dicks

Not OP, but as newbie to the game (since summer last year) I can tell you even on my most autistic days that mtg players can be pretty tolerant and even social. I live in Calgary, though, so take that for what it's worth. As long as you're not being a nuisance/acting like a stupid cunt throughout the night, I've found other players to be pretty cool.

The store I worked for was a mom and pop operation run by a friend of mine, the other store players had abandoned us for was one of three In a chain
We would run fnm and casual tournaments for mtg as well as casual events for other tcgs, the other store would runs casual and sanctioned events for free then host a regional qualifier and charge $20-$30 in admission while offering only slightly better prizes than they would for free events

Oh bummer. The owner of my local comic/card, a man in his late 60s, shop has shown dismay at the lack of business at his shop. It is probably a similar situation.

Magic promos are free but Wizards nickel&dimed our asses on displays and event kits fuck when kaladesh prerelease happend we didn't even assemble those cardboard airships they sent and those nice stitched fow mats were never free for us, but the worst was konami they would send us prize packs that only contained 3 cards each and all the cards were reprints of shit nobody wanted, heroclix was pretty nice at least the cost of op kits was justified by the prizes in them well except for the avx shit, couldn't even get rid of it on ebay

I went 2 the bathroom one time some nerd asked me if I wanted a wild tandiom? What did this mean?