End Spoonfeeding

Spoonfeeding has destroyed Sup Forums. You idiots always wonder why Sup Forums keeps talking about the same dozen albums when you keep regurgitating the same albums to newcomers. Spoonfeeding creates a lazy environment when it comes to exploring music and thus ruins any chance of having a good board.

Stop spoonfeeding
Stop making charts
Stop replying to rec threads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6O4GcIaQ_xA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wholeheartedly agree
check'd

agreed

Kek. Kys

I rec this thread.

Sup Forums will never be Sup Forums and it never will be so there's no point in trying

What you're calling "spoonfeeding" is a natural result of the cream rising to the top. Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is actually the greatest record of all time -- if it sucked shit, no one would post it.

>stop recommending good music to plebs so everyone stay pleb
great idea lad
can anyone recommend me something similar to macha btw ?

I hate how current Sup Forums keeps stabbing itself in the leg by making charts and shit
why people keep trying to make music more accessible for people who don't give a shit about it is beyond me

if some braindead ape from another shitty board on this site comes here asking for recs tell them to fuck off

here u go youtube.com/watch?v=6O4GcIaQ_xA

But people have to start somewhere to get into music

they can read the sticky

They can fuck off and try doing some work on their own to find music
Also assuming you aren't underage what kind of retarded sloth hasn't developed some kind of musical taste already by the time they're 18??

Unless of course they don't give a shit and just want media to fill the vacuum of void that is their personality, since they've realized they're so socially inept that they don't have any understanding of music and feel left out of some social circles because of that.
So they come on here for a quick fix
Why the fuck do we pander to these people?

I know it sounds unlikely to some extent but these people exist all over Sup Forums and i fucking hate watching them go from listening to anime OPs to listening to Sup Forumscore in a day.
Please stop helping these fucks

There are plenty of artists in the Japanese rec thread i've never heard about, and the ones I already knew (Midori, Melt Banana, Cornelius, Fishmans, Yasuaki Shimizu) are good, so I'm going to download some stuff from there and possibly discover something really underrated thanks to this thread.
Same thing with /classical/, I'm starting to get into Beethoven because I once asked what was his essential compositions, and a bunch of anons there were very helpful. It's hard to get into classical if you don't know where to start

And when I can recommend stuff, I do it too because I like it. I even want to play my stuff on a community radio nowadays just for the satisfaction of sharing what I like with strangers.
If we wouldn't have a few threads like this everyday or sharethreads, we only have the same boring discussions about the p4k flavors of the month and Sup Forumscore.

We already have a healthy of elitism that repeal plebs and muh wrong generation fags. I don't see what we could do more except banning everyone who doesn't have a subscription to The Wire magazine.

I already knew Leo Ferré, I'm French. He was a good singer but a bit too melancholic for my tastes. I prefer Katerine.
And he sounds nothing like Macha :)

healthy amount of elitism*

>And he sounds nothing like Macha :)
that was the point dumbass

lmao you got me here xDDDD

every specific interest board would benefit if it was more like Sup Forums in terms of hatred of spoonfeeding and xenophobia

propose solutions to beat spoonfeeding

you realize all the rejects who don't get spoonfed come to these boards right?

Sup Forums pls go

range ban anyone with r/music cookies

You know what's destroying Sup Forums? People speaking in absolutes like OP. People claiming that their new favourite album is the best record ever, people like OP generalizing and thus not recognizing the very natural role that recommendations play on a music board, etc.

Simplified charts are annoying and often it's just some clueless idiot who put all of his favourites. However, I've had some of the best conversations on here when answering the request for recs, or requesting recs myself.

But of course people should also do some effort themselves. If you want to get into techno, it'd be much easier to recommend something if you have a few artists/tracks/styles you already like and then take it from there.

Literally just ban it
The only way to stop spoonfeeding is to...stop spoonfeeding. It's a problem that should be solving itself

There are a lot of people here under 18 t bh. People genuinely do have to start somewhere though because how does someone who hasn't been in a music community like this know where to search for music when the vast majority of people in real life know fuck all. That only makes them listen to IRL 'normie-core'. To get further into music you need to know where to look but for most people it's hard to get that information elsewhere

what do you mean?

>To get further into music you need to know where to look but for most people it's hard to get that information elsewhere
how hard is it to check on rym????/

nothing, as far as I can see, can be done to push Sup Forums culture in the direction of shutting out brainless retards and dumpy Sup Forums tourists in the way Sup Forums does

the problem is that those same retards have their shit opinions and shit knowledge entertained here every day. its not even like they're trolling, its just that their lack of appreciation for music drags down the entire quality of the board

back in the day the response to spoonfeeding was simple: LURK MOAR. every retard that comes to a board like Sup Forums and wants to engage in a discussion about pretty much anything should think twice. if you're going to a board that you know nothing about you should have a self imposed restriction of not actively participating in threads until you actually know something. the quality of discussion here is at the lowest point in the boards history. things like general threads for one artist/genre (grimes in particular) should not be allowed here because its fucking stupid

I mean can you expand on the part about Sup Forums hating spoonfeeding? I don't know their board culture at all and am just curious.
it would be nice here too I think just don't know the extent of Sup Forums

go on Sup Forums and ask for recs and you'll learn everything

i blame the needle drop

what the fuck what's the point of discussing music if you don't recommend new shit to each other

we have the weed out the weak links before the big boys can have fun

Autism

have to*

:(

theres no saving this board btw its too far gone
unless a select group of individuals decided to collectively improve the board

because it KILLS DISCUSSION
EVERY THREAD GOES LIKE THIS
user ASKS FOR RECS
SOME user POSTS CHART
THREAD 404S
user THEN SEES THE PLEB/PATRICIAN MEME AND THEN USES THAT CHART AS HIS PERSONAL GUIDE TO SAY HE HAS GREAT TASTE IN MUSIC BESIDES " IT SOUNDS GOOD"

>You idiots always wonder why Sup Forums keeps talking about the same dozen albums when you keep regurgitating the same albums to newcomers.
But what if I'm spoonfeeding albums that are way outside the normal range of Sup Forumscore?

But how can I discuss music that I've heard if nobody else has heard it?

MAKE A GOOD REVIEW THAT WILL ATTRACT AN AUDIENCE

this is fine i guess

>user posts chart describing their preferences in a thread specifically dedicated to recommendations based on charts
>user gets recommendations based on the chart they posted
What's the problem here? Just filter chart threads if you get triggered every time you open one expecting discussion. They exist solely for recommendations.
>user THEN SEES THE PLEB/PATRICIAN MEME AND THEN USES THAT CHART AS HIS PERSONAL GUIDE TO SAY HE HAS GREAT TASTE IN MUSIC
No one does this

I prefer a million times a thread like "Can you recommend me something like John Fahey and Robbie Basho ?" than "is 21 pilots the new nirvana :DDDDD"
And if you ban spoonfeeding, you will only get the latter.

>No one does this
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

>Can you recommend me something like John Fahey and Robbie Basho
OR THEY COULD JUST GO ON FUCKING RYM AND FIND THEMSELVES AND THEN COME BACK AND DISCUSS WHY THEY LIKE CERTAIN ALBUMS

No I don't mind recommending things from niche genres or scenes, since it helps discussion and raises the quality of awareness about them on the board, encouraging discussion on them. Even the shoegaze charts have some use to people who already know a lot about the genre and are already well versed, despite how accessible that genre is
That's all fine

>We already have a healthy of elitism that repeal plebs and muh wrong generation fags
That's the problem, we don't. The wheels are greased so well now that you only have to step onto this board to be able to be an "elitist" or whatever even though these people don't have any idea about music outside of Sup Forumscore.
The systems broken when a guy can come on here and discuss Animal Collective at length without knowing anything about what the consensus agrees are the "classics" or whatever
As much as Sup Forums loves to rag on a "classic" band like The Beatles for example, if someone on here hasn't at least listened to Sgt Pepper's or explored that period of pop history, they are fucking clueless and shouldn't be taken seriously when discussing music
I know classical fucks and poptimists will say I'm being retarded and that its just pop music but we need to have some kind of standard on this fucking board because the board has gone to shit because of it and I kind of blame poptimism for it.

It doesn't have to be classic rock, you just need some kind of background knowledge about music so that you can fit a shitty death grips album in context
I'm positive that the lack of elitism is the cancer killing Sup Forums and its getting worse with the Gorillaz threads

I don't see anyone calling themselves or anyone else pleb/patrician in that thread, and even if they do, it's just a meme. We've always had dumb memes to ridicule other peoples tastes. Let's not pretend otherwise.

I literally used to do this and people told me to fuck off

>We've always had dumb memes to ridicule other peoples tastes. Let's not pretend otherwise.
NO MORE FUCKING MEMES

/thread
/your_life

Go find another site then, you fucking retard. If you don't want memes, don't come to the fucking meme nexus of the internet and then complain about it.

rym isn't as good as discussing it with other people

but isn't that pretty much the same as recommending?

lets take two scenarios:

>newfag on Sup Forums asks for the name of a show
>doesn't use the many tools available to him to reverse image search
>doesn't read the filename
>doesn't read the thread to glean any information that may help him learn more about it, it might not even be a show that the person wants to watch

now lets do the same thing here

>newfag on Sup Forums asks for the name of an album
>within seconds, 20 people post different flowcharts telling the person exactly how to listen to the album, what order to listen to other albums in, and recommending similar albums that kinda sound like that album but not really
>thanks to the flowchart the newfag is now deluded into believing that he is an expert on whatever they were looking for within a few moments
>in the end nobody has an opinion of their own

the problem with spoonfeeding is that albums get traded like baseball cards. it stifles discussion because theres nothing to discuss. everyone is listening to the same shit and in general has the same fucking opinion on everything. Sup Forums pre 2010 was an inferno of legitimate discussion, now everything is just pushed into the pleb/patrician paradigm. its ironic that you think telling people what to listen to will make the board more diverse, but it really just has the opposite effect.

the way it should be done is that you find a genre or an artist and you like them, and then you just branch out from there. it doesn't even really matter exactly how you branch out, you can do it through last fm or rym and you can do it properly through Sup Forums too. the problem is that spoonfeeding creates a culture where everybody thinks that their opinion matters. you have people on this board legitimately trying to debate about jazz when they don't know a shred of music theory. you have people in the shoegaze general that masturbate over the same 5 albums and they don't know the difference between a phaser and a chorus pedal. its quite sad

But that thread is literally not spoonfeeding, and that's the kind of things that will stay if you ban it.

That was just a half-assed example, but like said, spoonfeeding is good when it comes to niche stuff.
That said, of course if someone ask us "More songs like Smell Like Teen Spirit pls" they should fuck us and be ridiculed.

>No more memes on Sup Forums

I destroyed Sup Forums. What are you going to do about it?

>fuck us
damn, I meant 'fuck off'

Top kek you don't belong here

>they should fuck us and be ridiculed.
t.gay boy

It's not even spoonfeeding when it comes to niche stuff the act of trying to get into something niche means you're trying to go outside your limits and find music outside of you comfort zone

Going on Sup Forums and asking for "music pls" is sheer fucking laziness and we shouldn't pander to it

Who's gonna tell you to check on rym if you don't come to a community like Sup Forums

i forgot to mention how the newfag on Sup Forums will get shutdown after asking a retarded question, and will either fix their mistake or they won't come back to shit up the discussion. but the basic gestalt is simply that people need to post less and lurk more

So you're saying niche music should be difficult to find because... Why?

Fuck off to Sup Forums autist

jesus christ

I never said that, if someone is knowledgeable about EAI for example and makes a flowchart about it I'm not going to say that's spoonfeeding. Since that genre is difficult to break into since there aren't any agreed upon classics or a canon for it yet

There is a defined canon for broader genres though and if you come on this board asking for music you should be told to fuck off and be ridiculed for it
Like i said before, the people who do that dont actually care about music if they did they'd come on this board with knowledge of the wider context of it outside of Sup Forumscore

i don't think he's the problem. he knows plenty about music and in general has well defined and consistent opinions on what he likes. the problem is that everyone wants to be an ironic fantano without putting in the effort. its kind of his own fault for memeing on himself constantly but i know he realizes the absurdity of talking into a camera as a music authority

>they don't know the difference between a phaser and a chorus pedal
Sup Forums was really ignorant about music technology until /prod/ threads became a regular thing, around 2014 I believe.
The only knowledgeable person about this who was regularly around in the past was gall moth, and he left because the board became boring for him, I guess.
What I want to say is that Sup Forums always had good and bad sides, at least since I first came here in 2011, and its evolution wasn't always for the worst.

Sounds like your standards of "good review" are the problem then

KEK HAS GIVEN US THE ANSWER!!!

>>Sup Forums
>>/trash/
>>/s4s/

It's three meme arrows to link a board, newfag

yeah but it's two meme arrows to my heart

>banning everyone who doesn't have a subscription to The Wire magazine
hahahaha

ps: hosono and sakamoto are the best japanese musicians by far :)

In all actuality OP has a point. I do think sharing music is essential for the board but it's important that we don't spoon feed it we should only give a response to a rec thread if they know what their looking for. Not just
>muh I like these bands help me out.

Instead respond to posts like
>I'm new to jazz and I personally don't like the orchestration of acid jazz I do like angle 9's disappeared behind the sun because of its darker tonality. Could anyone recommend me something that is new to me based off this background

1. Represents someone who wants to stay inside their bubble

2. Represents a new commer to the genre that is looking for some help finding new things due to their minimal experience.

Btw if you want to respond to example 2 please do.

track ID?

>this thread