Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

But i do.

got two

I have more than one. And plenty of ammunition. Fun to build, easy to dial in... how come I can't own a standard 30-round magazine in California..?

am an felon

Only two?

Fucking commie.

because you vote for the jews

Yeah, I do though.

10" Noveske and 16" AXTS Boi!
Seriously though, I have a 8.5" 870 for home defence because nothing says Fuck you like 00 buck

Oh yeah, forgot

CANADA MOTHER FUCKER

lol

because .50 > .223

this thread again

5.56 > .50

it's set to autopost every 4 hours, get used to it

newfag

Waiting for trump to repeal ny safe so it doesn't look like a piece of fucking trash. Got a mosin to hold me over in the mean time.

commie

>Why don't you own an AR-15

Because guns don't give me a raging hard-on.

Nothing screams freedom like a hot 7.56 flash. and in my defense.....
I rest my case.

>California
answered your own question user

Because I live in NYC and guns are absolutely banned

Only cops can own 9mm and that's it

Not aloud guns in my country :(

i prefer AKs.

commie

because I live in Connecticut and they're illegal here

we'll see if trump does anything about the gun laws here before I move out of the state

Because any legitimate force attempting to oppress my country has things like tanks and drones and explosives so to think a semi-automatic assault rifle could do anything meaningful against those would be fucking stupid. You'd have to have the intelligence of a 6 year old that still likes playing war to think that makes sense.

Currently own nine guns, hoping to build my first AR after I get my tax return.
Going for something like pic related, 16.5 inch barrel with carbine gas, with tan MOE furniture. Or maybe the black MOE, I haven't decided yet.

I got a .22 levergun.

If I can't kill it with that, a .223 isn't gonna be much better

because I know how to stop bullets with my katana

Uninformed faggot detected

eh we are both for the same cause, guns. Im sure i will own an AR down the road. In fact im planning on taking one of my AKs to a gunshop or pawn shop and see what, if anything, they will trade me. Hopefully will score a shotgun or AR.

I'd really like to see one of those 'featureless' setups in wood and brass

I do. Getting another one for my bro out in Texas.

everyone and their dog has generic moe crap, get something else.

>gun locks
hahahaha

>locks gun
ahahahah

>hahahaha gun
locks

Because I own multiple AR's, FREEDOM!!!

>no iron sights
>no optic
So how exactly do you plan on hitting anything?

Pure Euphoria

Because I prefer a more personal touch.
Close-in work is so much more satisfying.

>points gun at self
>HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhHHHH

FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guns are bad

Because my AR isn't for self defense in commie Canada

only pic i had, its got iron sights now. probably add a eo tech red dot soon.

What optics should I get?

live in cali so not an option semi 12 ga is best option here and shooting clays is more fun than stationary targets anyways

infrared laser hologram

a 3x9 redfield scope

Vortex sparc II or Vortex AR

becowz gealorius soviet Kalashnikov is vastly superior

Been looking into getting a firearm for my self recently and really wanting to get an AR-15. I can't go wild and spend a 1,000 or more dollars on a tricked out super high quality rifle i'm looking for something in the 500 to 600 dollar range that's reliable and good for a first time gun owner, anyone have an recommendations?

This really has to suck. I live in TN. I can buy practically anything privately and not undergo any checks or paperwork aside from signing a bill of sale. Even big stores can have you out in 10 to 20 min. I can legally conceal even a pistol loaded/chambered in my car without a carry permit.

Consider moving.

S&W M&P Sport II
Palmetto State anything, as long as it isn't from their PTAC line
Or just build your own

I would probably wait a few months though, I see gun prices dropping a bit since we now have a president that isn't trying to destroy the second amendment.

Because even decades later Ak47 variants still better than your shit rifles. And also rifles are not good for self defense at home as their bullets might go through walls killing your own people

depends how much effort you want to put in. you can easily build one for that price and get specific parts you want, or you can buy a complete one, pretty much every gun company makes and entry level AR for $5-600

Because I own an AK

Yep.

ACOG.

ptac isnt too bad but the price difference is rarely enough to warrant getting it over something else like their Freedom line. though you can get a complete ptac carbine upper with bcg for $250, pretty good deal

bnmp

fucking cuck

Made me take a shitty pic fag.

second from right, love it

It's literally just an M16a1 build

And how so?

Bad fucking ass man.

How difficult would you say putting one together would be for someone who has almost zero knowledge of the inner workings of a gun?

I've seen it said that it's more or less like legos but i'm not so sure. As romantic as building one by hand sounds and be nervous about doing it wrong and either injuring myself or damaging all the expensive parts I just bought.

Is it all that much cheaper to do it your self?

pew pew pew!

I'm just trolling dude, damn, don't take life so seriously gaww

Satan confirms.

cuz i own a black

how you like that mosin? i got the long ass one and cut about 8" off the barrel, shoots fire balls.

Never actually done it (yet), I'm the user way up the thread who said I plan on building one after tax season.

From the many YT videos I've seen, it's fucking cake. This spring goes here, this piece drops in this hole with this other piece retaining it, etc.
Really only need a set of punches, a hammer, and an AR multi-tool if you're putting on the receiver extension and barrel.
A vice and vice block would be great to have, but isn't really required.

because britbong...

it's not really much cheaper. for your 1st AR buy a whole gun or a completed upper and lower.Down the line you can make upgrades if you want. they are fairly easy to build but to do it right you need to also buy tools and such, which can eat into your budget quickly. I've built a couple uppers and lowers only because i wanted specific parts.

Yeah dude all the people here suck I want to move Nevada so I can stay close to family but thats 5 years in the future at best

YOU OF ASKING YURI WHY HE IS NOT OF OWNING CHEAP, UGLY PIG RIFLE OF PLASTIC AND BILLET ALUMINIUM?

PERHAPS YOU WISH TO BE OF OWNING HIGH PERFORMANCE VEHICLE OF RACING YOU ASSEMBLE YOURSELF OF UNSKILLED HANDS AND CHEAP COMPOSITE?

BETTER TO BE OF OWNING GLORIOUS KARBIN OF SERGI SIMONOV OR RIFLE OF SELECTIVE FIRE OF COMRADE KALASHNIKOV. RIFLES OF SOVIET DESIGN AND STRONG WOOD AND STEEL.

YOU ASSEMBLE JIGSAW PUZZLE OF COMPOSITE AND DIRTY BILLET ALUMINIUM AND THINK YOU ARE OF GUNSMITH OF CALIBER OF SERGEI MOSIN. IN TRUTH, PIG DOG RIFLE SHITS WHERE IT EATS AND ONLY RELIABLE TO JAM ACTION WHEN THE CRIMINAL ENTERS DWELLING.

TAKE ADVICE FROM YURI AND ACQUIRE RELIABILITY OF SOVIET WEAPONS, PRODUCE GAPING HOLES OF THIRTY CALIBER IN BODY OF CRIMINAL, DEFEND FAMILY AND MOTHERLAND IN THIS WAY.

Hella kick, but shoots nice.
I really love the folding bayonet

Kim go to bed, you are drunk again.

i believe the shorter one you have is a paratrooper 9130?

Its an M44

If you're in a pinch, I know from experience you can build a lower with only a vice grip and a 2 piece punch kit for the bolt catch. You don't really need all the vice block punch kit crap, it certainly makes it easier though.

Don't need one because I make enough money to live in an affluent city with very few niggers who may want to break in.

Also, guns are for faggots

>I can legally conceal even a pistol loaded/chambered in my car without a carry permit.
I came.

Don't have one. It's agains the law to defend yourself in Commiefornia.

lowers are easier to build, i built an A2 lower in about 20 mins with a couple pin punches, a hammer, and some some common sense. the hammer was the hardest part because it's under so much tension and you have to put the pin through several holes that have to be precisely lined up. not as easy as legos but was easier than i thought

Actually Im currently shopping around.

Debating on picking up a Ruger 556 or Sport II, or just getting an upper and lower from PSA or Aero.

People say buying the upper and lower separately saves money, but not if you want some acceptable furniture on it.

Still not sure what Im gonna do yet. I want to try and keep it under 700 bucks.

can do that in several states.

Coz I don't buy cheap crap

That doesn't make any sense.

Why do you say this?

all i can suggest is shop around, and sign up for email deals from places like palmetto, aero, etc. if you know exactly what you want it is easier to determine which route to take. furniture is really easy to change.

I don't really have the budget, I been thinking about putting aside $500 or so to build one.

My dream though is pic related

>furniture is really easy to change.

Yeah. I see some good deals from Palmetto. Ive heard only good things about them on r/guns and r/ar15 (sue me).

I want to get my barrel pretty short...But at what point does the govt get salty about that?

Anything with a barrel under 16.5 inches is considered a pistol, and as such can't have a stock, and you can't shoulder it

the last armed attack was in 2014 and only 2 people died, and the last one before that was 2001..

if the barrel is under 16" and the atf wants $200 and your 1st born child to have a legal sbr. it's not worth it imo. There are some grey-area work arounds such as "stabilizers" instead of traditional stocks but you cant legally shoulder it like a stock.

lol wut