Is Across the Sea the most pathetic song of all time?

Is Across the Sea the most pathetic song of all time?

Yes. It's also 10/10 and Weezer's best.

no, it's midwest emo defined

Pinkerton gets cornier and cornier the more I listen to it. I can't believe that at one point I considered it one of my favorites.

Pathetic but excellent tune.

GOD

there is literally nothing wrong with corn

There is when you're not trying to be

Its about when rivers was in college and he had his legs broken and no gf and he got a letter from some Japanese fan girl and then he wrote a song about how he wanted to fuck that bish

I think it's really good. Perfect for what it is. Manages to perfectly capture whatever emotion it tries to evoke. I don't see how it could be anybody's favorite though.

>About one year ago
>And you wanted to know
>All about me and my hobbies
>My favorite food and my birthday

do chicks actually do this?

fucking ugly cover desu.

Not to betas like Rivers. Which is why the letter meant so much to him. For once a woman had interest in him as a person.

He made the fucking album cover just for her

do you think the girl was happy with his response, or did she die from embarrassment?

Quite literally the first post is also the best post

That's what makes it good though, one of the most honest albums out there but also still catchy and with some really good instrumentation going on (for weezer that is)

Stinkerton sucks
I can't believe people like the shit Weezer made after the first album
I love the first album but they went downhill after it

DAMN

The appeal of the album (at least for me) is that its honest in a way that was probably very cathartic for Rivers when he wrote it. I remember i read a quote he said about it, where he said it felt something like spilling your guts while shitfaced at a party and regretting it once you sober up.

YOU

I remember reading somewhere's that she found it really cringy, but I can't find a source

HALF

i think i remember reading this too, she was one of those people who stopped listening after the first album so she didn't really care about the song and was creeped out when someone finally told her it was about her

JAPANEEEEEEEEESE

GIRLS

WE DID IT REDDIT!

>people shitpost about lyrics
>MUH REDDIT

you must be fun at parties

downvoted

That's kinda the idea though, it isn't very cool being lonely or sad so its nice to have something that captures being a bit pathetic and shit

It's a solid 8/10

apparently she gets royalties from the song because he lifted lines from her letter