What is it about pewdiepie that makes him so popular?

What is it about pewdiepie that makes him so popular?

I don't mind him in small doses but just wondering what's the actual appeal with this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12185246/
youtu.be/gZPQzQZP76g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he pretends to be retarded, and 90% of the population is actually retarded, therefore he's popular

Autismos

KIDS

duh

i couldn't name a single youtube personality if you put a gun to my head.

He played hella Happy Wheels when it was a thing and is conventional attractive

He started playing video games, which was famous then. No he became a retard.

Shit parents that let their kids run amok online unsupervised.

pewdiepie basically pioneered the "lets play" format. he started with horror games and people love watching other people get scared and scream so since he was the only one doing it (successfuly), he became popular very very quick and just used that momentum and existing fanbase to expand his content. hes pretty much an online streaming icon.

these days he just seems like annoying faggot among the thousands of other annoying faggots on youtube. and he is. he was just the first annoying faggot who managed to do it right.

>Not ugly.
>White.
>Blue eyed.
>From a relatively neutral country (Sweden) so he's not a typical white/blue eyed judgmental prick/racist so has the favor of minorities.
>Was one of the firsts to act stupid/say memes on videos.
>Sometimes he's funny I guess.
>Actually cares about his followers.
But most importantly
>Has a pretty solid merchandise team.

The thing he did when he said he was going to delete his channel at 50,000,000? Genius. Literally had hundreds of live streaming sites just to hit that count, and won like 2,000,000.

So I understand why he's that big. Not a big fan myself, considering I actually work on the video game industry and this guy just plays games lol.

as far as im concerned pewds is the only REAL lets play youtuber all these other fuckin turd burglers like markiplier and jacksepticeye and yamimash are all just scrambling trying to keep up with him they're just trying to be someone they're not... their all just copycats but pewds is the original youtube lets player.. thats why he's popular and always will be

>not watching Primitive Technology
Why live OP?

doesnt mean there cant be any other good youtube lets players.
i enjoyed some of markipliers stuff. but you are right. most of them just try to knock off felix's character pewdiepie with all the screaming and cursing and stuff.

good shit
would recommend.
did that nigger smelt iron yet?

Why is pewdiepie popular....

>Attractive
>Gamer
>Cool accent
>Bangs smokin' 10 out of 10 woman
>Guiness world record holder
>Literally just laughs at internet trolls
>Literally gets paid to just play games
>Literally a multi-millionaire just from playing games.

shall i continue?

Markiplier i cannot stand because he just overracts to literally everything.... i didn't mind his early stuff but now he's just this annoying fuckin loud mouth cock head who tries to make himself look good by donating to charity.

>Really early on the face cam hyper reaction let's play thing.
>swede that gets American attention and youtube's sorting and recommend algorithms see this as internationally appealing to people interested in video games
>does nearly exclusively horror games for his extreme reactions to jumpscares (amnesia/mods/cry of fear, ect) and treats his audience like friends ("bros")
>makes highlight real like videos of his biggest scares and fun moments, gets even more massive worldwide attention
>plays more horror, than happy wheels, weird games, ect
>quickly overtakes all of the biggest youtubers with constant longform content when YouTube just switched over to accommodate youtubers with high amount of minutes watched.

That continued for a while. Now it doesn't look like he plays games all that much anymore, and his channel is more of a vlog type deal.

He is Swedish. Just like my poll.
strawpoll.me/12185246/

His alt right videos.

youtu.be/gZPQzQZP76g

There are entirely different, and more enjoyable let's players. Game Grumps have like 4 years of good to great content.

>Attractive
nope
>Gamer
so? this matters because why? only like 10-20% of the population is spergy enough to play video games.
>Cool accent
again, no.
>Bangs smokin' 10 out of 10 woman
also no. googled her, she looks like a busted kardashian knock off. 2/10, wouldn't piss on her face to put a fire out.
>Guiness world record holder
people still care about that? guinness is still relevant?
>Literally just laughs at internet trolls
because he's braindead and can't counter argue. when the webcam is off, he cries with his gross orange gf.
>Literally gets paid to just play games
wow. what an accomplishment.
>Literally a multi-millionaire just from playing games.
You know you don't need to use "literally" in these situations, right? also, who cares if he's a multi-millionaire from playing games? This isn't a reason to be popular, but a result of said popularity.

inb4 you're pewdiepie
inb4 you're all bent out of shape that your gay little list of reasons was picked apart in 5 seconds.

>shall i continue?

No, you should /literally/ kill yourself.
Stick your head in an oven, down some pills, drink bleach, suck on a 12 gauge, just get it done.

This.

yeah the guy milks it a lot.
but apparently it works. no reason to hate. just do it yourself and make millions like they do.

someone's jelly

i used to think he was pure cancer until i saw a recent vid where he paid some random indian dudes to make a video of them dancing, holding a sign saying "death to all jews" which caused them to get banned, he also paid some other dude to say "Hitler did nothing wrong" - seems like that shit is right up b's alley

legit used to know ross in person before Game Grumps took off and I will never watch an episode due to experiencing his fake ass personality first hand

It's very simple you see.
Ever since internet and video games mixed with absolute retards being able to breed, you get offspring with autism. I Call it the autism generation.
Pewds knows this. All he has to do is say random things loudly into a mix and make goofy jokes and it stimulates the viewers autism. It's like crack to them. The bright colors and fast paced loud videos excited them and it's too much for there autism to process this stimulating it. They'll talk to all there friends about him and they'll talk to all there's. Since most people have mild autism now, its no wonder hes a success.

Except Hitler actually did nothing wrong and by him paying someone to say it just reinforces the idea that Hitler was an evil monster. I'd respect him more if he actually came out and said that we've all been lied to about Hitler at the risk of losing millions of subscribers.

I watched him back in the days where he had normal lets plays, but I just cant understand what the hell he is doing now... It is just garbage for me

whats the appeal of fuckin' anythin m8?

Deep.

>ganna delet my channel
>genius

boy oh boy people are a showing me new kinds of retarded

He's a child trapped in an adult's body and so naturally all the kids can relate to him

You people talking about him makes him popular

/thread

This

He cathered to a young audience overreacting while playing games. He's actually changed and I kinda like him now honestly

He's a manchild who's going through his edgy-phase.

pretty much this

Yep

Mostly luck from a time when youtube was less facebook-like in filtering.

lol jellyyy

i started hearing that he became kind of "redpilled" these days and watched some of his videos.

i have to admit, i actually find all his video posted in the past month funny as fuck. anything before that is shit though.

looks like he doesn't fucking care at all anymore.
doesn't even play games.
just random, offensive shit, but not too edgy.

wtf i like pewdiepie now.

he is awesome

these faggots see him as a friend because they're too faggy to make real life friends
it's disgusting and should be discouraged

pays for a lot of viral marketing, here and other places, thats why you're seeing a surge in threads, in the end he's just another cucked swede not worth watching

He's not. He buys subscribers and views.

Once you get popular enough people are drawn to you because of it. Much like soccer fans are drawn to the sport.. just to have something simple in common with other people

he hasn't posted in a few months now so :(

he did smelt iron a while back but hasn't done anything with it

>be working at this shop for over a year
>new management
>new boss seems okay
>see him giggling at his laptop one day when I come in
>watching pewdiepie
>this guy is like 30
>let it slide
>talk to him about something a few weeks later
>he mentions seeing it on 9gag
>have to doublecheck
>yep fucking 9gag
>mfw

When I google something, or reverse search an image, I'll get directed to Reddit or Imgur or Tumblr usually, but never 9gag
why is that?

Honestly man I thought 9gag died out a long time ago so I was really fucking surprised when he said it
Who even goes there in current year

/thread

Faggots and 6 year olds.
Usually both.

Pre-Teens.

Yes you could you fucking liar.

stupid fucking video, but check'd