What's trump going to do about the real threat to American jobs?

What's trump going to do about the real threat to American jobs?

>pick related
>it's the threat

Other urls found in this thread:

richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/
bastiat.org/en/twisatwins.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut down project skynet?

>the threat is robotics instead of artificial intelligence.
Maybe if it were 1999.
The real threat is when someone makes their own AI and pushes all economics into the endgame (ai creates ai faster than the rate at which humans can create or combat/police them, at which point any one function added into the AI, like digging a hole for infrastructure, could remove the necessity for any and all human involvement) with themselves at the tip of the spear. Corporate-owned-everything incoming. Humans become obsolete.

This.
Automation will fuck a ton of people over. Companies are just looking for ways to cut jobs and maximize profits.

>Retail- people have the job of changing price tags. Business wants electronic price tags
>Driving jobs like truck drivers and taxi will be obsolete with self driving cars

Sure technological unemployment is a problem.

But the productivity, GDP, and tax revenue will at least be in the USA.

It's impossible to stop technological progress.

It's possible to punish companies from moving production overseas, not paying tax, and maximising your own growth.

Technology is not the threat to jobs.

Crooked, soulless, greedy Republican CEOs having the right to outsource as many positions and roles as they want to Chinese and Indian children is the great jobs crisis of our time. It's fucking DISGUSTING and it's an epidemic in this country.

The job market adapts to advancements in technology. IT CAN'T advance or compete with a practice so vile that it completely destroys our economic model by placing the competition rates many hundreds of times lower than the American cost of living.

When I get a sex robot, I will not care about the job market.

>liberal tears
Walmart not paying well these days poor fucks?

can't people just get jobs building and maintaining the machines?

Think about it like this, if you were to create a robot army right now, you would be limited by human speed and intelligence. If you were to create an AI that has three purposes (survival, reproduction and production) that negate the necessary human interaction, the only limit to advancement is the availability of physical mater in which to store data and reproduce (reproduction in order to double production rates each time a new AI, that does not require years to learn if you share any relevant data, is produced) is finished.

Can't we just all get a loan an buy one or more robot slaves which we then let work for us?

2033 Robot uprising
>Robot Lives Matter
>Stop robot brutality
>Robots end up with more rights than humans

Get off the net, Mr.Hawking. You've gone insane from being able to do nothing but scream silently in your own head.

Why would I pay a human to do it when I could build a circle of robots with alternating functions of production and maintenance?
>Robot1 screws on lid and brushes off metal shavings from Robot2 which does the same to Robot3 which does the same to Robot1

A better idea would probably involve a more educated population to go into more advanced jobs. This can be done in different ways, but what about providing more education for people at lower costs? As more automated processes take jobs from lower educated people, the average person will need to take up jobs of higher education that are more advanced for current automation to do. That could mean the people who would once work in stores stacking items in back will now be educated to fix the machinery that do it for them. Opinions?

so what? If I had a robot slave I'd just spend all my slave money on booze and drugs so I'm not gonna see 2033 anyway.

This is merely the natural progression based on my observations relating to the misuse of new technologies.
I do want one of those speaking wheelchairs, though.

Walmart is a welfare queen. We supplement billions to the company owned by the richest family in the world because of fucking morons like you who just don't see the BASIC MATH of how this insane economic model is unsustainable by design.

Our economic model is only sustainable for as long as we're at war, last I checked (even then not really)

Lol more tears. You do realize that the percentage of wealth is exactly what it should be. That 1% does more with their money than you will ever do with yours. You punish the rich for being better, and you distribute that wealth evenly across the country, guaranteed it will be back in the 1% hands in no time. Poor fucks are poor for a reason.

Automation isn't as big of a threat as you imagine it to be.

There will always be work for humans though, regardless of what tasks automation can cover. The automation will force people to learn new skills, transition to other work, and/or just make them more efficient at the job they have.

Consider as well, that if the cost of production goes down then products can be sold for less thus the overall cost of living can go down. Businesses exist to make a profit, but in healthy capitalism, it's smart business to sell for less in order to sell more (compared to competition), so price will go down or simply stay the same depending on inflation.

Some cases may neutralize a market/industry, but in those cases the benefits far outweigh the issues. Like passing the FairTax or FlatTax; that would abolish the IRS and make related companies like H&R Block pointless. Or like anything seen in technology, innovation continually kills markets, but creates new ones. i.e. Vinyl -> Cassette -> CD -> MP3/Digital

There will always be work for BACTERIA though, regardless of what tasks PENICILLIN can cover. PENICILLIN will force BACTERIA to learn new skills, transition to other work, and/or just make them more efficient at the job they have.
After a certain point in time, the amount of influence we have over machines will dwindle.
>inb4 this has nothing to do with the topic
It's an analogy.

It's sustainable for as long as two things
1. Things are affordable
2. Basic necessities are easily met
People will easily be able to buy low rate food with a lowest wage, but it's about the things like Healthcare where they cost so much that people are saving up money that isn't recirculated for when they have to spend egregious amounts of money on these things. Technology makes things less expensive as we find more efficient ways to improve and produce them. The reason we had a booming economy in world War 2 was because of a big new generation that was bigger than the last buying new household appliances that was as I said, new. As of the moment, our economy is sustainable, it's just if you want it to boom like the 1940s and 1950s than something new that makes a task that we preform everyday easier will have to invented and then people will go out and buy that shit.

>implying everything is done by robots

Special kind of retard, aren't ye.

Mechatronics engineer here.
Keep those tears coming, they're delicious

He can't do anything, Obama activated Skynet as he was leaving the Whitehouse.

Walmart isn't really a welfare queen, they just employ a fuck ton of old and disabled people that don't have any other option, its sad too, most of them look so broken that they have to do this to get by

Hopefully he funds The Mind Uploading project and that thing becomes my dick while I look something similar to Optimus.

>That 1% does more with their money than you will ever do with yours.

richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/

They hoard it, or spend it on bullshit.

Are disc trays (CD/DVD) considered mechatronic?

All you need to do at that point is become a robo-boy yourself.

We should execute the old so that we don't have to make eye contact with them on our way in.

>Luddite fallacy

bastiat.org/en/twisatwins.html

>giving up drugs and degenerate behavior in general
No, thanks.

Don't you have better things to do Bernie

The amount of people not realizing that robotics already replace a shit ton of jobs is astonishing, this is not a threat to come, this shit in ongoing you moronic retards.

or we could just make cheaper old folks communities so we can forget they exist since they won't have to drive anywhere and run over every fifth person

>AI

It's not possible at this point. Or a practical endeavor to automate the entire system instead of making specialized equipment. Why make a missile that can think when we can just make a missile that thinks about where it needs to go.

/thread

Might be a good source of depopulation.

>Its the threat

GERMAN ENGINEERING BEST ENGINEERING ALL HAIL HYDRA ROBOT ARM

I'm genuinely surprised this wasn't a slapdick joke about a tumblr link. Almost as retarded and pointless, though. Keep 'em coming

There's nothing to do with old people other than support them. Having them stand for a few hours a day greeting people is a fucking treat. Imagine the things they've had to do to make it to that point in their life and compare it to saying hello at a door for money.

Not every implementation of technology requires AI. Don't know where you got the missile bit from. Foot soldier drones don't necessarily need AI, they could be connected to a dedicated AI that watches over the whole battle at once.

Yikes dude you're just retarded.

>It's the threat

I install, program, and repair those. I will literally never be out of a job. Get on my level, NEETS

You think that a sufficiently advanced robot won't be able to emulate that shit in a hundred different way? Ok.

literally a drooling retard.

How? Actual interest.

Oops

I'm in the military.

I just believe in America First, you corporate shill.

Electrical Engineering bachelor's degree through a school that had good job placement. Now I travel all over the place and count my money.

HAIL HYDRA

Why would a "sufficiently advanced robot" want to "emulate that shit" (shit being a Robo-boy) in the first place?
You retarded?

HAIL

Cause Eternity is a long ass time, and you need entertainment? Also just to use your abilities to their full potential?

P.S : damn so close to the holy quints.

Nothing. He has no fucking clue what to do about anything.

HAIL HYDRA !

That will only help the 1%, the rest are still poor, just poor in a rich country.

If robots are doing the jobs, why are 3rd world migrants needed for labour? Retard

>does a robot passing Turing test deserves human rights or not
What do you anons think bout this, does Westworld type robots should have same rights that even butthurt sjws have?

Truth about Trump

Lol no people are too retarded to get educated. Have you ever tried to talk to normals about math? They are terrified of it.

>implying you'll be allowed to upload

This is why I am going to follow what happens and learn how to upload myself on my own equipment.

Who the fuck said anything about eternity?
Live fast and die young.

Considering antibiotics are getting less effective with overuse, I don't think it's a good analogy.

we won't need op then, will we.

blaming the republicans. it never gets old.

won't get this with the millennials.
maybe the next generation.

The problem is we're afraid of ai being smarter than us instead of trying to become smarter than them. As soon as we can hook our brains into the cloud we are the ai

kek

There will be less jobs created to repair robots than the jobs the robots take.

They rely hugely on food stamps and social services for their employees they underpay

I'm British here's my input. Fewer people. Faster production. More cars. More money. They should be given jobs in maintenance of these machines. It's the only logical step, if you ask me;]

It's a bigger threat than Mexico

I'm implying that robots are taking more jobs than Mexicans

You're right but I'm bored so I'll try to construe the meaning so that I'm still correct:

>The success rate of penicillin negatively correlates to its use.
>The success rate of automation negatively correlates to it's use due to the environment slowly reaching its saturation point/degrading.
Not quite, but I tried.

Is every American worker on the autism spectrum?

>"Look at me: I'm the AI now."

In most cases automation isn't profitable in comparison to manpower

Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

You can't win against automation.

Like farming? Fucking moron

yeah like farming, manpower is more adaptive and cheaper than a machine that do the work all alone you retard

Like a Judge or a Social Worker, retard.I
Jobs that interact with humans or jobs that require constant adaptation.

as somebody who works alongside robotic arms on an almost daily basis, they're not really a threat. first off they cost like a hundred thousand dollars (more or less). we use them as secondary fixtures at work, cutting out plastic parts. a person is still required to load the part into the fixture, start the cycle, remove debris from the router/drillbit, and remove the completed part.

debris falling in front of the proximity sensors can halt the cycle, so can the part slipping in the fixture. the robots sometimes randomly crash, occasionally snag and smash parts, break router bits and need reset, sometimes half a dozen or more times in an 8 hour shift.

>pick related
>it's the threat

How is your mom's favorite dildo a threat to American jobs?

youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU