youtube.com/watch?v=b6CQsbFLPJI
youtu.be/kMizrio7mfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why didn't he use his shield though?

why didn't your mother swallow?

>tfw ywn go out by fistfighting a werewolf

'ard enuff.jpg

B A S E D

He left it behind because he was only collecting firewood and not expecting an attack.

They made it a point to show it.

>i hope i give you the shits you fucking whimp

based spoon

His death was better portrayed in the movie than in the books. Hit me much harder at least.

The books are written in such a way that it's hard to develop an emotional connection with the characters, it's like a fairy tale in that aspect.

Whether or not that was intentional from the author, who knows, but personally I always felt very disconnected from the events. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Contrast with say, ASOIAF where you feel far more connected with the characters as you are very close to them, thanks to the writing style.

That's why the LOTR movies are both a good and bad adaptation - bad in that at times they completely lose the message of the books, but good in that they offer a new take on it, and give you more of a connection with the characters on an emotional level.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

He did nothing wrong.

compare

and contrast

That last kill on the stairs looks really fucking jerky and obvious CGI when he ducks the scissor swing.

Other than that, it's /okay/

Bill the Butcher

God fuck the hobbits movies so much. Not only is all the fight scenes absolute ass but the movie is just so ugly. Watching the clean crispness of LoTR then seeing the hobbit's blurry vaseline smeared image just gives me eye cancer.

Tolkien always wanted to write the books as a history book/mythology. You don't exactly get emotional attached to Moses in the bible or Ceasar in a history book either.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Fv8vt4fynA

Based Draco. TO THA STAHRSS, BOWEN. TO THA STAHRSS.

ayy not bad. is this BD any good second time?

>bad in that at times they completely lose the message of the books

how so, famalayan?

>based sean connery
>based David Thewlis
>based dennis quaid
>based dragon

fuck how i loved this movie

>Orc
>Uruk-Hai
pick one

>based movie deaths

Leaving out the Scouring of the shire left out an important part of the Hobbits growing up and finally facing external threats head on instead of hiding and cowering.

youtu.be/tFkWPNJAy14

What about based tv deaths?

>based
I almost fell asleep during that scene

I wouldn't exactly call panicking so much that you can't even order your ship with superior firepower to shoot back "based".

He fights for literal evil incarnate and wants to destroy good for all time.

Yeah, the writing style is really dry

Not OP, but Uruk-hai literally means Orc-folk, dumbass ;o
They're advanced orcs, we're not told how they came to be except it's some form of selective breeding. Orc is just fine.

It's great.

Hobbits seem to excel at throwing stones.

youtube.com/watch?v=b6CQsbFLPJI

youtu.be/kMizrio7mfM

Spoiler alert

What a horrible way to go

>dem wolves

From a certain point of view

like how thorin and the twins (and other fags) basically look nothing like dwarves

Yes, this is actually explained in the books, both in The Hobbit and the Lotr books. They have a natural instinct to be good at throwing rocks, using slings etc. Hobbit childrens #1 pastime is throwing rocks at birds and stuff.

Bye Sheev

>AAAAAARGH CURSE YOU LUKE SKYWALKER

>THIS WONT BE THE LAST YOU SEE OF ME

What did he mean by this?

>*crackle* *pop*

What did he mean by this? Really makes you think... hmm..

See you in Dark Empire?