ITT anons share weird, outrageous facts about themselves that are 100% true

ITT anons share weird, outrageous facts about themselves that are 100% true.

Through independent study, I have made myself an expert on music theory as it could exist in alternate universes where math works out differently.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtonal_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this requires further explanation

Are you jayden smith?

2 to the power of 7/12 is 1.4983... very close to 1.5.

This is relevant, because it means that if you divide your octave (a 2 to 1 ratio, automatically consonant) into 12 semitones, the seventh semitone is very close to a 3 to 2 ratio, automatically very consonant as well. This is why we have the perfect fifth in music - C to G, G to D, they sound very good and lay the foundations for almost every chord.

If you attempt to divide the octave into 11 or 13 tones, neither of those will produce a good fifth.

24 works, by default, because if you can divide into 12, you can divide into 24.

31 sounds good? I think? 53 too? 665 or something, as well. If you wanted a piano with 664 keys between C and C.

My question is, how much of a coincidence is it that 12 subdivisions would sound so good? What's the probability that math just fell to work in such a way that 12 is as good as it is, or at least, that some integer number 12 or below sounded good.
I unfortunately lost a lot of documents in a recent encounter with the police, so much of my work was lost. I had some interesting numbers though.

I never clean my belly button but its as clean as a whistle
inny master race

why did the police took interest in music/math related documents?

Rather, they took interest in a safe full of weed and hard drives, and I did what I had to do.

i am actually, literally about to become rich as fuck in a too-good-to-be-true scenario that is however true

>kek

please continue, i think its very interesting what you're studying

Well, OK.

Pi, 3.14159... expressed in base 10 has a series of six nines. As it should, eventually, being thought to be essentially a random number generator (strictly defined: a "normal number")

The thing is, the series of six nines comes way, way, way sooner than we would expect.

You can tell a random number generator to generate until it generates six nines, or any six identical digits in a row, and you can get a probability. And they got a probability, and it's really low. .6868 of a percent for any digit, I believe. .06868 for just nine.

I simply wanted to figure out what was the probability that music worked as well as it did? Is it even a coincidence? Or is 12-tone music just mediocrely good, considering that any of the tones less than 12 also had a chance? And that's a really trippy question, but I thought that I was on to something when I expanded the binary operation of exponentiation into a ternary operation.

Let me try to remember how I did that.

I'm a struggling parent can I have some money user?

Let us generalize exponentiation: wpow(x,y,w)=x^(y^w). I think I had some modification I had to do to make that work entirely but for the moment it should work.

2 to the power of 7/12 is 1.4983. Close to 1.5 but not exact.

2 to the 1.00279285838...-power of 7/12 is 1.5 exactly.
So, where once we were asking, which of the subdivisions of the octave sounds good... Now we have a new variable. Which of the subdivisions, and which of the generalizations of exponentiation, sounds good?

You can't make a guitar whose sounds break the laws of physics.

But more plausibly, you could imagine a human whose ears appreciate consonance where it doesn't currently exist...

That's basically what I'm doing.

actually yes why not

Let's chat privately

so you're saying that a great variety of good music is being lost because the human ear isn't prepared to appreciate such sounds of those consonances?

Email?

[email protected]

To avoid posting a personal email in a public forum, just send your actual email to this throwaway and I'll hit you up.

It's less a failure of the ear as it is plain old math and physics being the way they are.

Beethoven, Mozart, Bach... Beatles... It'd all have been different if 13 or 14 or 11 or 10 tones sounded good. But that's not a failure of the ear.

but if you say that a normal guitar cannot play such tones then how can we use those missing consonants in an already existing instrument?

[email protected]

Actually send it here, sorry, I hit the generate a new email button lol

I think you're trying to seek more practical application than I ever was. I was looking to generate a cool probability percent.

Your guitar has 12 frets to the octave, 12 frets to the halving of the string. You could very much build a 13 fret or 11 fret guitar... But it would sound SO shit.

Also, I really appreciate the conversation you've held, so I'll just admit here that I'm samefagging as the get rich quick guy, and invite you to email [email protected] with contact info to get in on that because I need someone to do something very simple and receive a lot of money.

[email protected]
email me at that emai

I'm interested in the proposal, though im 90% sure you're bullshitting me but whatevs, im bored so id really apreciate it if you could email me at [email protected]

I did.

Continue the conversation there please.

Care to try again? I still haven't received anything.

I've sent two.

Begfag here. Didn't get one either

I'll send it to you if the other guy doesn't get his shit together but I'd prefer him because we had a nice chat about music.

i am reading your website, still not convinced but i am interested, wait for my response in the next few hours

I don't intend to hound you, but please send me a more permanent contact than maildrop.cc or I will have to find someone else. I have spent enough time waiting for people to spend one or two days to decide not to work with me.

i will respond to you from a yahoo account, be on the lookout

Where do you get your weed from?

Sounds like microtonal music, which has been studied for centuries.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtonal_music

I'm fully aware of that, but I'm looking at it in theoretical, impractical ways that I haven't seen studied.

Kek

I sense a possible pyramid or ponsi scheme

You are fucking retarded and fit the profile of someone who should just watch conspiracy theories on YouTube all day.

I have sent the email, please confirm user