youtube.com/watch?v=5rfle8wSwJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's my fetish

BRRRRRRAAAAAAWWWWHHH

Women love that BAC.
How can human males compete?

you just know that those 3 "legs" are their big alien dongs

legs

Was it supposed to be the same Aliens as ID4? Cause it looked like the ones inside the biosuits.

if aliens' only desire is to kill humanity, surely they can just nuke earth? why would they kill each human one by one?

It's still an epic & intense scene

Could be any number of reasons. Maybe they don't want to risk irradiating the planet. Maybe they didn't bother to bring nukes because they thought it wouldn't be necessary. Maybe their kind has some kind of code against using nukes (like how the US and USSR never used nukes in Afghanistan).

Also, the tripods were already underground. It's possible that they were planted there back before humanity even existed, since there were no written records of them.

>kill every human one by one the hard way
>eventually aliens get killed by the common cold

aliens are dumb

>Also, the tripods were already underground. It's possible that they were planted there back before humanity even existed, since there were no written records of them.
possible, but don't the tripods have cages underneath them that hold humans? why else would they have that unless they planned to store stuff there? obviously animals too small would fall through, and animals too big wouldn't fit/just kill eachother

it is

CUTE

They're goal in the Movie was to teraform earth they didn't want to destroy it they still wanted to keep it for themselves.

Look at that sexy-ass mouth.

You tell me you wouldn't stick your dick in that.

if you didnt hear this godawful sound shake the walls of your theater you missed out.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qJQlfMMNmw

>unless they planned to store stuff there?
probably the weird red moss they were growing

>tfw Mass Effect completely ripped this off

>teleports behind
>nothing personnel alien

>steamships fighting aliens

It's funny how we always make sure that the aliens in our movies have tech that puts them on semi-level footing with us (fighter jets taking on alien ships in Independence Day), when any race advanced enough to invade a planet from a different solar system could probably wipe the floor with us as easily as the USA could beat the Roman Empire.

I really did love the tripod designs in this movie.

Fuck, I loved the movie itself even if it did get a good dose of criticism.

ayy lmao

I just wish the Tripods wouldn't have already been on earth. They should have come in cylinders like in the original novel.

>Teleports after you teleport

good movie
but fuck ayys, they terrify me

ayy lmao

I want to see a War of the Worlds adaptation set during WWI.

Someone redpill me on what went wrong with this movie?

I really liked it but it didn't do that great

Characters mostly. Nobody gave a shit about Tom Curse and his annoying kids.

Kids were horribly written and Dakota Fanning was a fucking banshee.

B̫̜̩͈̬̫̖B̥̜̲͙̺̘͘B͔̤̫͇͕̪̭͡B̭̫͉̜̭B͖̼̘͈̟̥̱͘B͏̻͍͎̗̲B͔̜̥̳͎ͅͅB̥̘̳̺B̜̕W̘̼̟̕͡W͔̯͉̯͕͇͖͙͜W͖̰̪̫̮̖̪͓͢Ẃ͏̜̭̲̥̘W̵͏̞͕̱̲͍̳̼́W̷̬͚̕Ẃ̨̖̦͚̣͢W̥͎͇̰̯W̷̸̩͕A̫̯͉A̜͍͍̫̟͍̩͞A҉҉̯̖A̞͇̣̥͚͔͝O̞͎̍̇̚͝͞Ǒ̯̯̰̻̣̩͖͈͗̉́ͥ̋ͭ̕Ö̟̠̭͈͔̦̼́̓ͦ͟O̸͉̻̩ͮ͊̓́̑̀͢O̴̞͍̥̮̺ͬ͊̃̀O̴̙͓̺̘͖ͦ̏̅͢Ơ̙̩ͭ͛̄̆́O̺̜͓̬̥͈ͦ̌͂ͯ́͑̈́ͅÕ̴͖͚̬͍͉̀ͭͧÓ͉̰͎̠̙̃ͣ̓̍ͮ̄͡O̰̅̅O͈̫̺̱̼̮̦̖͑O̵͍͉̤̲ͪͥ̆ͥ̍̑ͧͬ̾̕O͉͕̰͈̝̫͎ͭ͗̊̑̾ͮ́͜͝O̜͊̀̉ͤ͂ͥͫ̚Ő͉̮̳̠͉̩̺̟͐͂͊͢͡O̠̘̦̅ͧO̶̫̮͉̖̼̫̗͎ͣ̾̏̅͛͞)͙̜͕͐̈́͊ͯ)̡̲̰͓̬̮͔̈́͐̽̿̐ͧ̆)̢̟̠̫͔̦̘̣̍̄͒͌̃̓͋)̭͉̰̝̠̰̮̰̄̊̓͡)̸̛͈̼̲̞̥̺̬ͭ̈́͒̀̿̋̃̊)̤̠̰͗̆̍ͥ̔̀̿͝͡)̨̠͈̣͎͓͉̜̓ͥ̈́̃̔ͅ)̻͕̠̖̻̯̭ͩͨ̆̄́)̂́҉̖͙̺̕ͅͅ)̫̬̺͔͉̱̟̜̌̀̋ͬ͗)̡̙̪̣͈̽ͤ͂ͧ͝ͅ)̸̼̩̮ͭͣ̿̀̑ͩ̓̓͜͞

I saw this shit when i was 10. My mother and i was supposed to see star wars but she thought war of the worlds were one of the sw titles. I had nightmares for weeks

They came to eat the humans

War of the Worlds has to be one of the biggest pleb filters around.

Only patricians recognize it as the masterpiece it is, the plebs just complain about plot "flaws." It's pretty hilarious to witness.

It was written as a hold over from the 90s, with mandatory annoying stock-character children and tedious family drama that soured the pacing.

There was nothing wrong with it. Was a legitimately good movie.

Cahiers du Cinema puts it deservedly in its top 10 of the decade. It's a pretty damn respected movie in any serious film circles.

It didn't do well with mainstream audiences because as we all know they're giant plebs.

saw it in theaters and years later found out that people dont like it, what's wrong with them?

>the tripods were already underground. It's possible that they were planted there back before humanity even existed, since there were no written records of them.
So then why did they wait thousands of years to do anything? How come no one building the city noticed giant building sized machines when they were laying the foundations of the surrounding buildings?

If people are their fuel source why wouldn't they know that there are more bacteria in your body than your own cells or that about 10lbs of your body weight is just bacteria in your digestive tract?

There are just entirely too many surface level questions raised by this movie that i can't even bear sitting through it.

I think a lot of people missed the point of the movie to be honest. Maybe people weren't ready for such a savage satire of the American/Iraq situation so soon after 9/11.

>tropic thunder
>not god tier

I still can't even believe that Tom Cruise was in that movie and I didn't notice

If falls apart after the first fucking act when the stupid kid decides be unrealistically patriotic and then we're stuck with cruise's agape staring and the annoying little princess.

There is PLENTY wrong with this film.

As I referenced earlier, plebs actually think plot matters. It has symbolic import you literal retard. And the daughter's performance is excellent.

>Be me
>Be 11
>Go to watch Batman Begins but missed showing
>Instead watch War of The Worlds
>Nightmares for weeks

>land on planet that is 75% what you're weak to

Fucking idiots.

>huge tragedy leaving countless dead and shattering the american sense of peace, inspiring the youth to pick up arms against their enemies

Yeah, totally unrealistic, could never happen

>plot doesn't matter

Is Minority Report that good? For some reason I never got around to seeing it.

Its worth watching. It gets bogged down a little in its spielbergianess and tom cruise is just too much of a blank to be worth mentioning. As far as a sci fi action-adventure with some minor mystery elements goes its solid. The worldbuilding is pretty fun to.

Couldn't a truly great film have good plot, good cinematography, good characters AND symbolic value? Tons of modern and post-modern art have good symbolic value but they're shit pieces of art because their delivery of their meanings is shit, they're just unaesthetic. Personally I think the movie was good, I'm just making the point that someone can point to a flaw in something without necessarily overlooking its good points, and that something truly great should endeavour to have as few flaws as it can.

>Son just shows up at the end without a hair out of place.
It was really convenient scriptwriting user.

Minority Report is a very good movie. It has lots of great whatifs and to some has a pretty accurate social commentary about what is happening today with certain laws and pushes for other more evasive laws

The sound in the remake is fucking awful. It's way too melodic. The radio play had the patrician alien sound

Mass effect ripped everything off

I really did like Edge of 2moro

Good thing to rip off desu

>the USA could beat the Roman Empire.

This is what Americans actually believe

From orbit sure but not without making large portions of the planet uninhabitable.

On the ground, wiping out humanity would be actually pretty hard unless you are using viruses and shit like that. Keep in mind we are spread ALL around the globe and have been preparing for wars against each other for decades.

Because they were terraforming the planet for themselves. That's what all the red vein looking things were on the ground.

>As I referenced earlier, plebs actually think plot matters. It has symbolic import you literal retard. And the daughter's performance is excellent.

It's a blockbuster made from a pulp invasion story. You don't get to claim "The plot was a vehicle for the visuals" here.

Because HG Wells wrote the book in the 1890s before the concept of nuclear weapons was even a thing.

>but fuck ayys, they terrify me
They should

Came out when everyone disliked Tom Cruise, shortly after the Oprah incident

>ripped off

It's just a minor 3rd interval. Composers have using it for ages to represent something unsettling. Hardly ripping anything off.

youtube.com/watch?v=wZtWAqc3qyk

youtube.com/watch?v=5rfle8wSwJM

>all those time signatures
Stravinsky was a madman

ID4?

becuase they were burried deeper than 5 feet maybe

>Richard King created the deep, bellowing horn sound the tripods used to communicate. To create it, Babcock, a three-time Emmy® nominee, combined sounds of the didgeridoo, an Australian wind instrument, with those of a djembe drum, a rope-tuned skin-covered goblet drum from West Africa played with bare hands.

So the fucker thought up on advanced species, coming to our planet millions of years ago with crazy technology........but oh......the concept of a bomb strong enough to kill everyone passed him.

What a fucking cunt.