You don't really know what happens when you die. You can pretend to know. But you never will until the time comes...

You don't really know what happens when you die. You can pretend to know. But you never will until the time comes. Isn't that scary? Where does consciousness "our soul" come from? We all have an origin. But nobody really knows where we come from. Id like to think reincarnation is real. But I don't get how it could be with the population rapidly increasing. Give me your thoughts on these matters?

who gives a shit about life or death? i've gotta leave my house and go to the fucking dmv tomorrow, i want to die

yes, this is where i'm at right now

dont let the illusion come to close.

once you didnt exist, afterwards you will no more exist. but nothing can save the universe from that you will/did exist.

so what IS dying ? leaving this fucking time arrow shit.

My thoughts are that its coming closer every day regardless of me freaking out, all i want to do is make it so i have the least amount of regret possible. Then i think i will die unafraid and ready.

Your body is like a vessel. Most of your mannerisms and behaviors are made up of memes and biological functions that evolved over years.

In certain moments, spirits connect to your body and live/experience/create moments simultaneously with you.

The more you seek out these moments, the more connected you become to the spiritual plane.

You can't act like you know you truly cease to exist. You can't act like you'll leave time. What will happen to us?

This is why I'm atheist. Religions try to tell me they know what's going to happen after we die, but they all have different stories. SO either one is correct and all the rest are wrong (unlikely) or they're ALL wrong (more likely.

i had a near death experience due to an alergic reaction to meds one time

you dont think of anything before youre about to go except 'i dont feel good, whats happening to me'

that made me feel a little better that it wont really hurt if you go naturally

I agree. I identify as agnostic because I admit I have no idea

Sounds like a hell of a thing. Sounds a little bit weird. Sounds slightly uncomfortable.

Nice dubs

another agnostic user here.

Went to Lutheran school, Catholic church. At confession asked why one says there's Purgatory, the other says no Purgatory. Priest said "you have to find the answer within yourself" which I heard as "shit's all made up by the church anyways".

Dubs acknowledged

maybe another dimension n shit.

but if not. this also will not wind back events and erase your life. there is just no further development on it.

you should spend some time on figuring out about time. its a abstract thing but worth it.

I literally wake up and all I can think is nothing matters. All I can think is I'm going to die. And I can't enjoy life fully with these thoughts swarming my mind.

Gonna need to see some proof of that.

You sure do.

So far, according to science, the body just dues and the electrical impulses that are "consciousness" dissipate.
I interpret that as "you go back to the state of being that you were in before you were born" which is non-existence.
That's not scary to me. It's kinda peaceful. Plus, I mean, it's inevitable. Why spend that much time feeling unease over something that's as unavoidable as death?

Then again, I'm a depressed, cynical bastard who first tried to kill myself in grade school, so I'm not your average opinion.

Fucking misspelled "dies" there. Smooth, me. Real smooth.

'S what happens when I'm more focused on getting my thoughts down then I am on making sure to spellcheck, I suppose.

it was at the dentist of all places during a routine extraction of a wisdom tooth

>dentist comes in
>gives me a shot
>within seconds skin starts tingling all over
>oh shit i dont feel right
>god its hot in here
>start sweating
>light seems bright all the sudden
>peripheral vision starts to go blurry
>say something you fool
>'i-i think im gonna pass out'
>left ear starts ringing really loud
>holy shit i think im going to die
>both ears start ring really loud
>feel things/people moving around me but cant tell, i think they're yelling but its fuzzy
>peripheral vision starts going dark
>starting to feel really calm, this is it
>suddenly light gone
>dentist in my face
>he's holding my hand on his chest
>i cant feel it
>'breath, breath with me'
>vision comes back
>ears stop ringing so loud

then i kinda snapped out of it. looked to the nurse and she looked like she saw death, tears in her eyes and goes 'oh thank god, you're alright'

then the dentist grabbed his pliers, ripped the tooth out and gave me a juicebox like a 10 year old

Good question. Now I'm no Buddhist or anything, but your ideas about reincarnation can be summed up pretty easily imo (assuming this isn't bait and you seriously want an answer).

So, from what I've gathered, the religions that believe in reincarnation believe EVERYTHING has a soul (well most anything that's a "living" organism at least). So we're not just talking about humans, we're assuming dogs, cats, fish, even bugs have a soul. You live a "good" life or whatever and you "level-up" in the reincarnation wheel. If you're a good dung beetle you get to be a dog next then a human etc etc.

Now with that taken into account along with the fact that we (humans) are pretty steadily building over things like forests and jungles, where do all those chimps and birds and bugs go? If they die and are reincarnated as a higher being (human) it would easily explain the rapid population growth of humans ie:

Start with

1,000 birds and 1,000 humans

Forest gets demolished, 100 birds die and are reincarnated as humans now:

900 birds, 1100 humans (this is assuming it occurs in a vaccuum where natural reproduction isn't a factor, I mean you kinda get the point right?)

that makes sense in a strange way

and why theres so many retards, they're all dung beetles and birds

I almost had a near death experience today. Greentext? It's pretty short, but basically someone pulled out in front while "street racing".

Anyway, what I know for sure is what happens when your brain thinks you're about to die. You over analyse everything from the pressure you're putting on your brakes to the color of the vehicle you need to pass in order to get out of the way. Time doesn't really slowdown, you just become hyper-aware to the point you don't even get scared. Your body just does everything it possibly can to prevent death.

I've had several near death experiences, all of which were almost too odd to be given a logical explanation of how I got out alive. I'd want to believe there is a God that intervenes or does something to prevent it, or maybe that I have some guardian angel watching over me but I think I would get a glimpse of said being when I'm that close to lights-out.

So who knows really. My speculation here is just as valid as anyone else's so don't go on a rant about how this is a thread for after death and not near death experiences. I'm just providing anecdotal information.