Hey Sup Forums with my tax returns this year I'm gonna build my own computer, only question is...

Hey Sup Forums with my tax returns this year I'm gonna build my own computer, only question is. Is this gonna be a good solid build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/9BsJTH

here's some booty while I'm at it,

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try this on Sup Forums

Perfect booty got a sauce on that shit

>buying a disk drive

I guess you have to install winjews somehow.

Looks good.

Don't bother with the HDD, get an SSD with more storage, torrent windows instead of buying, and use an Ethernet cable instead of paying extra for a wifi adapter

Upgrade the graphics card to like a 1070 or 1080, you'll be able to use that monitor to full potential

Pretty solid build overall. If you can though, lose the wifi adapter. Ethernet is way better in every way.

Forgot to talk shit about 1060's, ty other user

I feel like rx480 would be a better bang for your buck if you dont want to go over $300 for a gpu (get a 1070 otherwise). Everything else looks solid tho

Don't get ssdnow the chip inside has been replaced with some cheap shit. Google it if you don't believe me. Get a hyperx or a Samsung ssd

6700k is overkill
drop it for a simple 6600
or the 6600k since youre getting the z170
and the 1060 is meant for 1080p
so get the 1070 with the money you would use to get the 6700k

If money is a problem you can always get windows 10 free, and I built my new PC in December without buying windows and everything is works fine

Googled for you anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

I was thinking about dropping the 1060 anyways, the 1070 looks so much better

Also, again regarding to money, monoprice. com/mobile/product/details/12178?gclid=CP_ys7fJ1NACFQYKaQodZv8K3w is the monitor I use and for 200$ 144hz is a very nice deal

btw i run (that shitty game) bf1 on ultra at 60fps (my screen is 60 fps) i have the 1060 and the 6600

where do you live?
in my country the windows costs half a local minimum wage....

looks pretty solid dude nice choices

torrent it you jew

I don't have sauce on it, grabbed it in an ass thread on here a while ago

nice dubs too

If you are only going to do gaming dont waste all the money on that 6700k, get a i5 6600k. Its damn near the same thing when it comes to gaming and much cheaper. I would NOT get an EVGA power source i got two and they both shit out on me in a fwe months. If you dont plan to do more than 1080p gaming then that 1060 is all you will ever need :)

I plan to do more than gaming, such as video editing, messing around with 3d stuff, and a lot of digital drawing too

Then the 6700k shouldnt be a poor investment. I am not too sure on the performance difference between the i5 6600k and the i7 6700k when it comes to those things. I only use my shit for gaming so im not going to get you an opinion when i have no clue lol. But yeah the 1060 is a good buy. If you ever want to do more than 1080p (and your monitor can support it) you might want something more beefy.

I switched it out for the 1070 :P

Don't skimp on your Wifi adapter. Many lost games on POS adapters.

This, exexpt if your router is too far away buy a powerline ethernet adapter for like 35-40$, works like a charm, literally no difference in speed. And better than wifi

Fuck that gay ass monitor, why not 4k curved ultra wide nerd?

Kingston SSDs suck. Go for an 850 Evo, they are a hell of allot faster

Let me do your taxes and you will have enough money to build two machines. Send me your info

dont bother getting water cooling if you're gonna use that for gaming only

>Sli board with a card that cant sli
>dvd writer that you'll never use
>paying for windows 10
Learn pc m8 can make a build that preforms better for less

If you're looking for cheaper for basically same performance --

Don't get such expensive name-brand ram... So unnecessary.
i5-6600k is basically the same as i7-6700k, except it's marginally cheaper.
If you choose to run an i7-6700k + a 1060 you should look into a 700-800 watt PSU; you don't want your PSU shitting out on you and wrecking your other components.

If you know anything about computers, you could skip out on the optical drive and opt for downloading a windows ISO from the interwebs (legally or illegally w/e) and putting it on a flash drive, and booting the computer through the USB (it'll save the Windows files to the system so you only have to use the USB to boot up once ever).

Otherwise, you can keep everything you have, the biggest concern I have is that it can be literally $500 cheaper for basically no tradeoff in performance.

I think he has to use the board even though he can't SLI because of i7 socket.

>Not 1 hundo percent sure

I swapped out the 1060 earlier with the 1070

I'll take a good look at the i5 thanks for letting me know

I'm a tool and I still use CD's I swapped that crazy DVD and BR write with a normal LG CD and DVD player

>downloading a windows ISO from the interwebs (legally or illegally w/e)

remember that downloading windows is not illegal, you just need to pay for a licence.

your build is kinda fucked up on the grounds that you are putting out almost $500 for a higher end 1440p monitor and then using a GTX 1060 to run it. 1440p is going to need a GTX 1070 if you want it to run well.

buy the i5 6600k instead of the i7. gaming performance wont see much of a difference but the price will.

those "liquid" cpu coolers are kinda retarded when you can just save $30 by getting one of the hyper 212 coolers. unless you are planning on a heavy overclock you wont see any difference.

and unless you really desperately need a blu ray drive for some reason just get a $20 CD drive.

I upgraded to the 1070
I switched to the i5
I'll think about the cooler longer before I make my final decision
I also swapped the blu ray drive