Alright Sup Forums. If I were to learn how to sing in a style like James Hetfield how would I succeed in doing so?

Alright Sup Forums. If I were to learn how to sing in a style like James Hetfield how would I succeed in doing so?

also general advice/music/singing board.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AOLhYzy0jd0&feature=youtu.be&t=1483
youtube.com/watch?v=vT5NZof2rxc&feature=youtu.be&t=15
youtube.com/watch?v=3Uy72zBwUwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i've no advice for you in the James Hetfield regard, but i'd say that singing in your own style would probably be much more appealing, as hearing an artist sing like another would be a put off imo.
Everyone has their own unique style

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks.

I think you mean " YYYYYEEEEEEREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

James Hetfield actually fucked up his voice pretty bad at some point because of the way he was singing on stage, don't try to sing like him too much

best singer coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=AOLhYzy0jd0&feature=youtu.be&t=1483

kek

Don't imitate. Just sing how you are comfortable and find your ideal range

If you can learn to play an instrument you will also increase your value to a band

That's awesome advice. Thank you.

Same guy again. Do you have a band or anybody you jam with?

I'm looking to start with a buddy of mine. I can't play an instrument worth dick but I have little experience with singing. (Singing along to Metallica, System of a Down, Sublime, AC/DC, etc.)

Yeah he started screaming instead of singing iirc and that's what fucked it up

Rose is the most overated shrieking cunt in rock history.

This.

Compare the first three albums to today. Almost complete different people.

Nice. 4 of my all time fave bands lol especially Sublime

Just pick up a guitar dude AC/DC is super easy on guitar the first song I ever learned was TNT. It's hard to play and sing songs at the same time but it's worth the effort

Sounds like a good idea. You have good music taste lmao.

daily reminder your dad is in a dadrock band
also
>that fucking crowd
>metallica's entire being in 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=vT5NZof2rxc&feature=youtu.be&t=15

james hetfield, in my opinion, has the solid, classic heavy metal tone, the gibson of metal voices

the best way to go about this(from experience)

singing along, and really listening to the way he lays emphasis, where he like to swing his vocal distortion and lift it out of words and phrases.

getting the black album down will pretty much give you the early and the later het field

early hetfield is less layered, you can tell hes not concerned with acheiving a unifiormity to his lyrics, more shouted fast and energized.

later hetfield he really concentrates on his clean signing, and using his distortion only in an accenting sort of manner (load reload st anger onward)

Weakest crowd I've ever seen. And I was at an Attaboy concert as a joke last week.

forgot to mention that mannerisms with your face doesnt make a song "harder"

nor does it mask the fact that everything you play is clearly at a slower tempo, or skipping half notes to keep the same tempo but not actually playing the real versions of the songs at that same pace

>tfw not 1 fucking song can be sung without the stupid isms added between the lyrics or words stretched out
>even the pre-black album songs

anyone who tries to mimick this needs to be livefacebook raped for real

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of their live performances.

Lol I grew up with AC/DC and went heavier from there..Metallica was next and SOAD not long after.. But I'm still a sucker for 90s alt

Been playing guitar since I was 11. I'm 27 now. can't sing much just harmonies and I really wish I had a better voice but that's the way it is.. The singer in our band can play guitar, bass and drums. In fact he's our permanent drummer Phil Collins style and damn near irreplaceable.. Just saying the more you can do the better. If you can play guitar and sing you can be a one man band really you just need a small band for backup

>classic heavy metal tone
you donĀ“t know shit about heavy metal, Mteallica is (mediocre) thrash metal

Damn. Yeah I'll have to talk to my buddy since he's a guitarist. He might be able to teach me.

go back 30 years and say that, in 30 (closer to 5-10 if that)years noone will even know what an attaboy is, was

singing like that ruins your voice. even james hetfield can't sing like james hetfield anymore

he was literally doing the shitty isms between lyrics and stretching out pre-black album material since the fucking 1992 concert footage in teh Live Shit DVD collection

they'be been shit since then

His voice permanently cracked after recording "So What" ironically. And to add insult to injury, "So What" was originally released in '93 as the b-side of the "Sad but True" single.
>So what'
>Sad but True

Not the same guy-- that guy probably doesn't actually know shit.
But still.. even though Metallica is really mediocre nowadays, in their early days they pretty much defined the genre. They were the "Gibson with EMGs" stereotypical heavy sound and they're still considered a benchmark

LMAO

video proof, it was gone by the 2nd example in 93

youtube.com/watch?v=3Uy72zBwUwU

dang so no genuine advice
wat happened Sup Forums

Well there's some right here.

he blew his fucking voice in 92/3 as already pointed out

his use of his "screaming" didnt change during the black album or concerts during

but the shitty isms between each word that were never on the studio version and his shitty vocal wahwah-ing of words however were all bobcock's idea and hetfield loved that cock

Songwriter here. Stay true to yourself. Don't imitate, just draw inspiration from your influences. No one likes a carbon copy

James's singing is nothing special. He uses no technique other than basic distortion which a 2 year old can do better than him while screaming for food.

Yeah I'm starting to realize that's the way to go. Thanks for the advice. It truly means a lot.

>No one likes a carbon copy
>the last 2 metallica albums

>each time their PR team tried to say its "where AJFA left off"

>even their PR team knows nobody fucking ever says "i wish metallica would go back to their black album days"

>both albums are literally weak shit black-tier tho