Albums that changed your life

Probably a bit of a main stream fag because of this but Dream Theater is my favorite band, Pre Mangini. Found this album in a low time in my life and listened to it all the fucking time. Pulled me through some shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iv6Nv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im also a big fan of that album OP

pic related though. was one of the first rap albums i ever listened to and it disillusioned me from the "all rap is garbage" mindset i was in at the time.

lol memes

It's a really beautiful album and most people who disregard it just saw someone else do it and now they do it too to look elite and patrician.

But The Devil and God changed my life, around the time it was released.
I had 3 friends, one of them moved out of state, and the other one and me were sick of eachother and always fighting. My third one drowned in a nearby lake before graduation. Also just broken up with my girlfriend.
My parents had just gotten divorced, and neither of them wanted custody of me lol.
A lot of stuff just... happened. all at fucking once. Nothing really happened before that and honestly not too much after, but everything happened right then.
I just found so much comfort in this album.
Some of the lyrics on sowing season helped me the most.
"Time to put the seeds into the cold ground, takes a while to grow anything"
Means a lot when it comes to preparing to overcome suicidal thoughts.
Everything on the album was beautiful and I just related to it all so much that I was able to find enough in it.
Getting through that time changed almost everything in my life, and finding some sort of empathy in this album was probably what stopped me a few times from walking into traffic.

I've heard a few tracks off this but never the whole thing, I'll give it a spin and check it out.

It's a really good album, I started listening to it after I slowed down on prog stuff like DT and Pain of Salvation. it's not technically that crazy (most songs are only a few chords) but there is so much energy behind each note, and the lyrics and are really beautiful. He almost never screamed before this album, and he doesn't do it in special technique, he just yells and lets his throat tear up, I think that's really special.

Most lyric sites have it wrong since they weren't included but these are mostly official
imgur.com/a/iv6Nv

Arcade Fire felt like they really understand the essence of those childhood thoughts and feelings, whether you're making memories or just sitting alone with your ideas. I forgot I ever had those feelings before they reminded me.

MPP

Combination of stuff happening in my life and listening to this and hearing it almost for the first time again years after it came out.

It kinda made something click in me as to reprioritizing my life, what is important what isn't, how important human relationships truly are, looking at everything in positives, experiences that years ago would have made me turn inward and be negative I now see as simply opened doors to new opportunities. My outlook is different altogether.

Like I said there's more to it than just this album, but it feels intrinsically linked to this change within me.

How's 10th grade going?

Lmao Ebin

I would suck Kevin Shields' dick just because he masterminded this god-tier album. I'm not even gay. I just love this album so much.

lmao ebin

Pixies - Doolittle was the album that got me into albums and also the one that introduced me to many rock bands with elemts of experimentation in their sound (through recomendations in Allmusic and Youtube). It also showed me that there was something that could bring strong and positive emotions from me (that rythm!)

Music isn't the same

I only like four songs on that album. But I love every song on Sgt. Peppers. I'd say Sgt Peppers changed my life cus it was my first real rock album i owned and listened to religiously

Sacrificed Sons always hits me hard

I listened to nothing but podcasts and classic rock radio until I put this on one day after remembering that song from Guitar Hero 3

The title track completely blew me away on the very first listen

I had no idea music could be so aggressive and technical

Since then I've gone down the metal rabbit hole all the way and I just got back from a Kreator/Obituary concert

bretty gud

I don't think I need to say anything about it. It speaks for itself.

>life went to shit
>guy showed me this
>got out of metal
>guy is now my best friend
nohomo tho

Helped me get into a lot more types of music including dream theater. Their blend of styles pushed me towards many different directions and without them influencing my tastes Id probably still just be listening to 90s rock all day

get THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BOARD pleb

>I share a board with these plebs