Do you think he would have experimented with hip hop or electronic music in his later years if he hadn't died so young?

Do you think he would have experimented with hip hop or electronic music in his later years if he hadn't died so young?

no

If he lived, hip hop wouldn't have happened.

>tfw you're 70 and still playing foxy lady

No. He would be too old to be taken seriously doing that shit. He's just be a washed up dadrocker if he lived.

Possibly, but I'm sure the guy had really big issues. I wish he could of found a way to really manage them instead of just drugging him self, for shame. It's a shame he had consistent access to barbiturates and not weed, I bet he was just trying to do whatever made him feel good. It'd be good if he at least made sure to fall asleep face-down instead of face up.

I dunno. Look at other musicians from his generation that are still alive. Did the Rolling Stones do anything interesting past their prime?

yeah, but rolling stones were never experimental

I think he would have been pretty big on Punk and Noise Rock.

To get an idea of what Jimi's career arc would have looked like, take another artist with similar characteristics: brash but with the talent to back it up, and a volatile personality that was alternately ingratiating or extremely difficult to deal with. John Lennon is an OK analogue, although his career was also cut short, not to the same degree as Jimi. Lennon made increasingly challenging music before leveling off and going back to basics, at which time he kept refining his own personal style in a less overtly revolutionary way.

Or, he might have gone the way of his would-be collaborator Miles Davis and done a bit of wacko experimentation like with On the Corner, but I think it's more likely Jimi would have "regressed" back into more complex blues/jazz structures, so more like Miles in reverse.

he was actually pretty chill most of the time seemed like not much bothered him

Yeah, he totally would have dropped a dope hip-hop record in his early to mid 40s OP.

What a fucking stupid thread.

Death Grips feat. Jimi

>WHEN?

He would have done some jazz fusion stuff, he wanted to do an album with Miles. Can't see him rapping or doing techno though, would be pretty silly.

Jimi Hendrix was a white man trapped in a black mans body. I think he would have made more progressive psychedelic rock some jazz fusion and probably revert back to blues in his intervening years. Probably would have made a record with Frank Zappa too. Rap wouldnt make sense to 50 year old Jimi. He would have derided the genre like most aging rockers.

He would've jumped on the jazz fusion train in the '70s before making a bunch of AOR and adult contemporary albums in the '80s.

I doubt he would have gotten too experimental. Maybe some Miles Davis style fusion in the 70s, followed by Adult Contemporary Pop/Rock in the late 70s/90s. Kind of like Eric Clapton.

I just know he would have recorded some Miami Vice style 80s pop songs.

I dont think he had the voice to go Adult contemporary. His guitar sang more than he did.

aaaaaaaaa

he'd be a kunf fu eastern god

he'd have a throne and they'd decapitate chikens and smokie hash in big bowls

He was going in more of a Jazz direction when he died.

That's a shitty comparison, the stones never did anything experimental and were just normal rock with a strong blues tinge.

Hendrix would've wound up more like Pink Floyd, going through different musical phases, but eventually petering out in the late 80s.

>Jimi Hendrix was a white man trapped in a black mans body
And the Stones were Americans trapped in British guys' bodies. Your point?

noise rock definitely, he probably would have been a less funky funkadelic with more noise in the 70s

he would have collab's with soft machine
prog would not have happened the way it did
punk would not have happened because prog hadn;t happened
in the late 70s he would have embraced electronic music and gone off with herbie

after that i don't really know

Interestingly enough he attempted to form a group with Miles Davis and Paul McCartney before his death

>Hendrix
>McCartney
>Miles Davis

That would have either been a complete trainwreck or incomprehensibly awesome, songwriting genius plus guitar genius plus jazz/trumpet genius

I unironically wanna hear this

he would record a couple of 10/10 albums with ELP, then he would become another Eric Clapton, boring middle aged guitar hero dude who's a shadow of his former self, and play blues covers

Lol dude what are you talking about? Prog was well underway when he died and he had virtually no influence whatsoever over it anyway.

Thank god he died, it'd be rough seeing a fat balding washed up Jimi playing shitty chorus-laden guitar over some awful Phil Collins electronic beat in the 80's

Hey fuck you Phil Collins isn't that bad

I would like to think Jimi would have seen beyond all that synth shit in the 80s and used electronic instruments to be even more experimental/psychedelic.

>it's another "Sup Forums thinks prog and psych are super closely related to the point where a prominent artist in one is automatically a foundation for the other" episode
Sup Forums doesn't know anything about psychedelic rock, I swear.

fucking this. It's like this board wants to think that it knows psychedelic rock, then ends up just posting stoner metal. What about the mod rock? Or some of the lesser known stuff like Quicksilver Messenger Service? Fuck, if you want to be truly patrician, there's a shitton of psych-rock from an assortment of asian (pic related) and south american countries from the 60s and 70s.

kek, you're a genuis

south american psych is decently well known on Sup Forums desu, or at least used to be

This, who gives a fuck about Jimmy Page or Paul Mccharmely.