Bladerunner 2 Concept Art

>Easily one of the most anticipated films of all-time has to be the still-untitled BLADE RUNNER sequel directed by the inimitable Denis Villeneuve (PRIOSNERS, SICARIO) and set to star Harrison Ford, reprising his role as Rick Deckard from the first film, as well as Ryan Gosling in an undisclosed role.

>Most details of the movie are naturally being kept under wraps, but now at long last we’ve gotten a tiny peek through the keyhole of what Villeneuve and crew have planned via a couple pieces of concept art exclusive to Entertainment Weekly as well as a couple choice tidbits of info.

>The script comes from original screenwriter Hampton Fancher with Michael Green (ALIEN: COVENANT), and is set several decades after the original in Los Angeles again. But there’s a twist, as Villeneuve told EW: “The climate has gone berserk — the ocean, the rain, the snow is all toxic,” Villeneuve says. The vehicle pictured in this exclusive concept art from the sequel, Villeneuve says, is a kind of snow blower that hovers over the streets and destroys snow. He laughs. “It’s a Canadian wet dream!”

Thoughts?

Can or will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2014/12/18/ridley-scott-answers-whether-deckard-is-a-replicant-in-blade-run/
artstation.com/artist/victormartinez
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Heres the Snowblower

What the actual fuck

Please tell me this is a lie

i dont see any vehicle in your pic

ridley's a hack now btw

Im more excited for Villeneuve's other sci-fi project 'Arrival' with Amy Adams.

I love Blade Runner but I don't think it needs a sequel

If that's real, it's hugely disappointing. Blade Runner has had its bones picked so thoroughly over the past 30 years that they NEEDED to go in a completely new direction. Roger Deakins also said that he wasn't interested in copying Jordan Cronenweth. Hopefully if there is a giant smoggy cityscape it's just for the first act or something.

>The director also talked about bring back Harrison Ford as a much older Decker – ”he’s full of wisdom and good advice,” says Villenueve – and says that the new film will take place several decades after the original. “The climate has gone berserk — the ocean, the rain, the snow is all toxic,” says the director, giving us a sense of the dark vision Villeneuve sees for his Blade Runner.

>He also speaks about how Blade Runner screenwriter Hampton Fancher convinced him to take the project by talking about the film as a kind of dream; you can see the full quote below. As for the concept art, he explains that the vehicle in the second image is a kind of snow-destroyer that roams around the futuristic Los Angeles; Villeneuve refers to the machine as a “Canadian wet dream.” He credits Fancher with helping him get out of his “terror period,” before accepting the job.

>“It’s a great team and spirits are very high…Failure is not an option,” is how Villeneuve ends the conversation, which makes one very heartened indeed for this, one of the most touchy projects that the world of science fiction filmmaking has ever witnessed.

>Easily one of the most anticipated films of all-time
Go home Pajeet, ur drunk.

if your going in a completely new direction what's the fucking point in calling it the original name?

This looks just like every other Blade Runner inspired Cyberpunk art I've seen so many in all these years, I can't see anything special in them anymore.

and somehow this "new" concept art looks the shittest

>Harrison Ford, reprising his role as Rick Deckard from the first film

This is what killed any hope that I had for this.

>Here’s what Villeneuve said about his first encounter with the original Blade Runner:

“I remember the opening sequence perfectly…That note of music; seeing Los Angeles in 2019; that smog; that darkness. It’s really the movie that gave birth to my desire to become a director.”

>Here’s what he said about meeting with Fancher:

“He told me that Blade Runner was a dream. We just have to dream again and not worry too much about logic. That removed so much pressure and gave me the key to move forward.”

>Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling star, alongside Robin Wright, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Carla Juri, Mackenzie Davis, Barkhad Abdi and Dave Bautista.

screencap this:

it will be shit

I think I'll just save that webm and fap instead

Deckard is a replicant. He literally can't be played an old man.

JJ Abrams pls

whatever floats your boat.

i'm about to float the fuck out of this boat yo

>>Easily one of the most anticipated films of all-time
said no one ever. especially Blade Runner fans.

>Deckard is a replicant.

Not anymore

Never was.

>The climate has gone berserk

Oh boy here we go

>a much older Decker

I thought replicants had a four year shelf-life? Wasn't that the whole plot of the first movie?

Hes not a replicant

He never was, he a bwaderunna

Replicants age too.

They're either retconning him being a Replicant or gonna reveal he was somehow non-standard

>Future noir with toxic precipitation.

Fuck, they had the same idea I had.

The Nexus 6 had 4 year life span. Deckard could be a newer model

>people going all in on the "Deckard is a replicant" meme
why

It could be a different Deckard. There's no rule saying all the replicants have to be unique.

>Easily one of the most anticipated films of all-time

I have heard next no nothing about this. Sup Forums is the only place I've seen anyone talking about it.

Well in the original novel earth was pretty fucked up, though the movie did stray quite a bit from Dick's story. Maybe we'll actually see all the men wearing led cod pieces.

but he is.
>comicbook.com/2014/12/18/ridley-scott-answers-whether-deckard-is-a-replicant-in-blade-run/
>“He is definitely a replicant,”

I can't get over the guy writing the movie. He's terrible.

And the wizard from Harry Potter is gay just because the director says so despite there being no evidence or indication in the actual movie

whats the problem

err JJ does the opposite you fucking retard

terminator 15 all over again

The problem is Ridley Scott's claim means as much as anyones. He doesn't get to make shit up after the fact just because he made the film. I'm going off of everything he put on screen

>taking the words of a senile old man whose destroying his movie verses flick by flick

Why don't people ubderstand that Deckard being a replicant would have destroyed the very intention of the work? Wasn't one of the main themes humanity and what such a thing truly entails? To make him replicant runs over that thene with a steamroller.
Fucking dumb normalfags
>hurr wouldn't it be such a tweest if he wuz a robot

Wow, if Riley cannot convince you, I give up.
He dreamt unicorns, correct?
Edward James Olmos placed an origami unicorn at his apartment doorstep at the conclusion of the 92 Director's Cut.
I'd say that's good evidence that Defeats was a replicant.
I imagine he's a different model with longevity of life.

>LIKE TEARS IN THE RAIN
Holy shit, couldn't the person who made this actually check the quote he was using?

Fucking phone spellchecker.
-Ridley
-Deckard

Take a look right here friend.
It's what the book is about, and I'm sure it's what the movie was about until the faggot director gave into normies and their tweests.
Making him a relplicant would literally turn the whole thing into a cheap action flick.

>THE
triggered so fucking hard

The 4 year lifespan was deliberately built in by Tyrell. They could make a replicant with a longer lifespan if they wanted to.

And that's assuming Deckard was a replicant.

When does he talk about his dreams?

That's the point.
How does James Olmos character know about Deckard's unicorn dream?
The same way that Deckard knew about Rachel's childhood story about spiders.
I assume they get access through the Tyrell Corp files, or something similar.

>Original film had pioneering visionary and design god Syd Mead, plus limited involvement from Moebius
>This has generic digital 2D/3D artist #36,758.292

artstation.com/artist/victormartinez

Jesus fucking Christ, this is going to be a trainwreck.

That's what he actually says. The 'the' gets caught in his throat, but you can hear it if you listen intently.

No, I'm asking how do YOU know he dreamed about unicorns?

I'll re-watch it tonight and crank up the volume......tears in rain sounds a hell of lot better than "tears in THE rain."

>Bladerunner 2
>2
STOP!
PLEASE STOP!

Not sure which version of the movie....but he's in his apartment having a drink and drifts off to sleep. You then see a white unicorn run across the screen.

It's his dream, right? Or, perhaps it's Rachel's?

You're imagining things.

Wtf I don't remember that at all. Can we all at least agree that, regardless of Scott's intent, having him as a replicant is fucking stupid for reasons anons explain above? He'll always be human in my book

Sure, I'll agree on that.

>implanted memories

cmon user