Is the male Ghostbusters any good or do manchildren just overrate it?

I watched a little bit on tv and I found it bland and boring.

Is it worth watching the whole thing? Does it hold up? Or is it overrated because misogynistic manchildren love it because of their childhood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8PS7CgXHxps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SONY'S MARETKING STRAGEY

>i dunno if its a lady thang or a race thang

I'm just wondering if the film holds up?

It's worth the watch majority of Sup Forums will agree with me.

I watched it for the first time the other night.

5/10. There were like 3 good scenes. The rest was pretty boring

Who you gonna call to watch the new Ghostbusters with you this weekend?

It's not an amazing film. But it is a cult classic and should be seen by everyone for that reason alone.

I like the theme song at least

It's by a director that does good parodies. it's on the quality of naked gun.

On a scale of Flubber to Groundhogs Day it rates Truman Show.

tumblr pls go

It's got Bill Murray.

/thread.

>Ghostbusters III. Is it really gonna happen? Should it happen? Well, if they made The Santa Clause III, Free Willy III, Home Alone III, Psycho III, The Neverending Story III, Problem Child III, and about 10,000 Scary Movie and American Pie sequels, all the crap that gets shat out of Hollywood's big fat fucking ass, I don't see why Ghostbusters III shouldn't get made. I grew up with those movies. I would love to see those guys put on the proton packs one more time. Even if the whole movie's just the Ghostbusters sitting around taking a shit, I'd go see it.

So he's only not seeing it because it has women in it. That's actually really cool, and I'm glad he's a misogynist, but I wish he'd own up to being one.

Oh please. Truman show runs with a good concept and a good character very well, Ghosbusters 1 tries to feed you too much and has it sprinkled with some Bill Murray saving graces.

It's overrated, like most 80s successful movies are nowadays.
But it's still a solid movie. it has some fun moments, a couple memorable scenes, it has Bill Murray doing his shtick. And overall it's visually a great movie.

I'd watch the new Ghostbusters if it had funny women instead of fat dumpy fucking kike gremlins and a gross stink nigger sub-ape.

You would hate it

It's one of my all-time favorite comedies. Possibly my #1. I can think of several jokes just off the top of my head that I still laugh at.
>Venkman: Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk.
>Ray: Do you have any idea how much a patent clerk earns?

>Venkman: This reminds me of that time you tried to drill a hole through your head.
>Egon: That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

>If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.

>You've got to try this pole!

>Maid: What the hell are you doing?
>Venkman: Sorry, we thought you were someone else.

>Egon slowly stepping away from Ray after they turn on his proton pack

>Ray: Don't look directly at the trap!
>Egon: I looked at the trap, Ray.

>Venkman: It's true, this man has no dick

best line in the entire franchise

>Janine Melnitz: Would you like some coffee, Mr.Tully?
>Louis Tully: [To Egon] Do I?
>Dr. Egon Spengler: Yes, have some.
>Louis Tully: Yes, have some!

Honestly, Bill Murray makes the movie. It's not the best thing I have ever seen, but it is a unique idea that is well executed. The humor is dry, and some of the jokes are pretty subtle. This is a refreshing change from a lot of today's comedies, where the characters over-act, and do everything short of looking directly into the camera, winking, and pausing for laughs

How dare you disagree with Sup Forums's lords and gods RLM!
youtube.com/watch?v=8PS7CgXHxps

Must be some cockroach!

It'll bite your head off, man.

>reddit meme actor
oh boy

Well meme'd, """contrarian"""

>buzzword buzzword

literally buzzfeed

Next time someone sees Ernie Hudson, they need to ask him if he's a god.

>successful movie
>cult classic

The new film isn't a sequel so he has no reason to go see it and his statement about a GB 3 is still factual. If they made a proper sequel, even if it had women, he'd go see it. This new monstrosity just uses the originals for epic references because they lack their own ideas. It's more sexist than the original film by a mile.

Bill Murray's comedic delivery keeps it watchable, but I don't think it's that good. It's pretty bland irony, has some shallow commentary on America but mostly is only interesting because of Bill Murray. He almost, but not quite, makes it post-ironic.

My favorite joke:

>Dr. Peter Venkman: No, no. Just asking. Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?
>Library Administrator: What has that got to do with it?
>Dr. Peter Venkman: Back off, man. I'm a scientist.

He looks so ugly, sounds like a retard and dresses like a manchild

t. Sony damage control

>is it overrated because misogynistic manchildren love it because of their childhood?
It was the 2nd highest grossing movie of 1984 and the highest grossing summer movie that year.

It may not have the same appeal to today's young people but it's certainly not "overrated"

Ok James

if it came out today, ppl here would absolutely hate it. it's for people who freakin love science, who can't stop talking about bacon, whose wallpaper (android phone, natch) is walter white rendered they live/obama campaign poster style. it's fucking reddit, mate

>1984 top 10 grossing films
1. Beverly Hills Cop
2. Ghostbusters
3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
4. Gremlins
5. The Karate Kid
6. Police Academy
7. Footloose
8. Romancing the Stone
9. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
10. Splash

1984 was a solid year. That list is just the top 10 grossing films, there were a bunch more released that year like Dune, Amadeus etc