What is the most intense psychedelic album? Like something a little unnerving preferably

What is the most intense psychedelic album? Like something a little unnerving preferably

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTM9dSlIepQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HYAd0-ifNlM
youtube.com/watch?v=g1klpKy_3hY
youtube.com/watch?v=yRPa9olS88g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow is also very ALIVE, fits your description

Les Rallizes Dénudés

Black Eyes - Cough

Boredoms - Pop Tatari

trust me on this. it's intense. it's psychedelic. and it's unnerving. not psychedelic as in the genre, but seriously psychedelic in the meaning of the term. i heard it a second time on LSD and it blew my mind.

The wall does that pretty well, lots of screaming in Scottish.

if you just want hippy-trippy shit try Shpongle - Are You Shpongled

Aumgn is pretty intense on acid

Keiji Haino - C'Est Parfait

Given that you posted this on Sup Forums most of the answers will likely be moderately out there prog-rock that are considered "psychedelic" because the guitars have some weird effect

If that's what you're looking for then enjoy, but if you're looking for some maximalist music that actually takes itself seriously then here are some suggestions:

The Money Store by Death Grips is intense and paranoid on levels that make everything else look adorable. It worms its way into your skull, plants seeds and leaves you fighting your own demons you didn't even know you had in disorienting ways that constantly keep you on your toes lest you be forced to find out what it is you're fighting. If you really want to go down that rabbithole, take a listen.

Death Magic by Health is a very straightfoward monument to the power of the human mind. Listening to the album is like taking cottonballs out of your ears and upgrading your vision from a 420p mp3 file to an 8k resolution 200hz LCD TV. The sheer level that the music is on is so intense that it leaves you with something and changes you after the music has ended and whatever experience with drugs you had is long over. Like a shooting star that came and went through Earth's atmosphere and left behind remnants of stardust.

Geodaddi by Boards of Canada is the confirmation that the weird inclination you had that something about the world isn't quite right was true. Other people don't get it, trying to justify it and they look at you with a blank slate and try to actually justify it and they return boilerplate answers that don't appreciate the bigger picture. They don't see what you see. Sit down with nothing but your thoughts and let the metaphysical truth slowly encompass you. Hell is real, and it exists entirely within the human mind.

Right here

I actually honestly do not get psychedelic music as a defined style of music. I do not get it, and how can that fact that something that seems psychedelic being justify the music. I do not think it is enough. Enlighten me.

this guy knows what the fuck is up
this one is the same

On a completely separate note, Shpongle. Shpongle is like the goofball friend you had in middle school had a pyschadellic experience that was so wonky and memorable that basically dedicated the rest of his life to embodying some kind of Dr. Seuss character and making wonky psychedelic music.

The only way it could possibly be considered "unnerving" is if the sheer nuttiness of it is intimidating to you. It sounds like the Crash Bandicoot soundtrack. I've never listened to it on psychedelics but I imagine it's truly something special.

By the way I've never done drugs.

how do you get that out of geodaddi?

Acid Mother's Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. - s/t (1997)

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. - s/t (1997)

I'd say Soul Discharge is more intense than Pop Tatari as a WHOLE. Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Or Gas Satori is more intense than anything on Soul Discharge, but most of Pop Tatari is just silly as shit.

Fuck you.

I think it's over most people's heads. On surface it'd just seem like the typical constructs of IDM music but to people that spend a lot of time pondering and pick up on what the music is communicating it's much more than that.

The songs speak to you and together they tell a cohesive story. It starts off innocent with the typical Boards of Canada montra and it fucks with you getting progressively weirder and more unsettling until you're looking hell in the face.

The song "Magic Window" that's literally 6 minutes of silence is fuckin genius. After everything the album has shown you, the song is essnetially just a projection of you filling in the details and imagining what could be there. Maybe the idea is that you can't "unsee" what the album has communicated to you, maybe it's nothing at all and the album is just demonstrating that it can make you contemplate over nothing and toy with you how it pleases.

The album is an intricately woven story that finds new and creative ways to justify paranoia.

I've heard the album potentially a hundred times and I still pick up on things.

I'd also suggest Boredoms - Super Roots 5.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTM9dSlIepQ

If you're an impatient shitheap skip to 5:05.

Kek. Beat you to it nerd

Also Boredoms - 77 Boa Drum and Go 2

Oh damn how'd I forget 77 Boadrum. What's Go 2?

Damn... I think I'll pay more attention next time I hear it.

Live album playing some of their earlier stuff (prior to their less punk albums like Super æ and Vision Creation Newsum) and it's pretty intense

You mean Super Go? I can't find anything on Go 2.

are you trolling or is it for real?

Shit, I meant Wow 2. Sorry for showcasing my autism there

>guttural primitive yelling and bad trip intensifies

yes, absolutely this

This very much, used to find him quite overrated still enjoyed some of his tho. Walking in the dark on shrooms gave it so much extra dimensions, now thats what psychedlics do in general, but this man dedicated his life to make music for drugs basically (feels like he did some introspective research on what works extremely well on drugs). He chooses sounds that will give you very strong physical feelings etc, all these nutty effects that work really well when you're out of this world.

stabscotch uncanny valley

super ae is much funner

so you're into herbie so i assume you've heard stuff like bitches brew and live/evil and all the rest of the miles stuff
maybe not uncomfortably psychedelic, but certainly beautiful and lush and exploratory - Eberhard Weber - Yellow Fields
and then this free jazz prob'll have you geekin
Roscoe Mitchell - Sound

Tool Lateratus

man, I'll pay closer attention next time...

/vp/ needs to end NOW

Idiotic

Maybe not the most intense but it hits hard my dude

Acid Mothers Temple - complete discography

If you ever try psychedelics, Shpongle is crazy.

Tripping to Are You Shpongled? was one of the most insane trips I've ever had.

youtube.com/watch?v=HYAd0-ifNlM

It'll go incredibly weird, then fly into psychedelic bliss.

Do psychedelics idiot

it's not a bad trip, it's the best trip

Amon Duul II - Phallus Dei
youtube.com/watch?v=g1klpKy_3hY

up
youtube.com/watch?v=yRPa9olS88g

this might be a troll but haha how do you act so elitist and pretentious then give like the most entry level albums ever

>Deathgrips fanboys

Not even once.

>off by one
(rly good band btw)

luv this album so much

>slavic deep cuts
you the real mvp