Sup Forums BTFO

Sup Forums BTFO

We told you they were a meme

The Limp Bizkit guy prefers the Limp Bizkit style albums, big surprise

Accurate if you swap GP with NOTM

>le everything is a 6 man

stop

checked

Is there anything else out there like Exmilitary? The rest of their discog is completely different and not in a good way.

Deathgrips was their best

>"Dude, stop worrying what others think. People can have different opinions, man."
>meme critic gives an album you like a 6
>"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING PLEB HOW DOES HE GET AWAY WITH THIS SOMEONE STOP HIM"

Never cared much for EmX. Ride seemed rather monotone throughout and the production isn't as enjoyable as later releases, not being able to rely on song samples made them focus their sound.

That's not Fantano, user.

>Exmilitary best
so this is where the meme comes from
Pierro confirmed pleb

Hip-hop is generally better when they rely on stealing and reworking music from talented musicians rather than attempting to create their own. Their later releases sound like second-rate glitchcore

Nice mlp image, fellow brony.

>implying I give a shit

by his standards, this means they're great albums

that list is not wrong

also exmilitary their best

>Their later releases sound like second-rate glitchcore
What's your idea of first-rate glitchcore then?

doesn't exist lol

What type of bullshit list is this? Please educate me.

Thought so, you're original argument is pointless then

How does glitchcore being a shit genre make my point any less valid

The fact that you added second-rate to a genre that you consider shit shows that you aren't actually putting in effort to your critique. Your first point about hip-hop being better when sample based is complete baseless to begin with. Therefore, your entire point is not valid.

>The fact that you added second-rate to a genre that you consider shit shows that you aren't actually putting in effort to your critique.
Huh?
>Your first point about hip-hop being better when sample based is complete baseless to begin with.
No it's not?

???

>Huh?
Thank you for confirming that you can't understand the simple argument I am making. You're just grasping at buzzwords.
>No it's not?
Prove that it is better then

>Thank you for confirming that you can't understand the simple argument I am making.
No shit, Sherlock. It didn't make any sense.
>You're just grasping at buzzwords.
What buzzwords??
>Prove that it is better then
There is good sample-based hip-hop
There is no good non sample-based hip-hop

>No shit, Sherlock. It didn't make any sense.
It does if you speak english
>What buzzwords??
You use "second-rate" as a buzzword since you admit it didn't have importance since you believe all glitchcore to be shit. In fact, I'd say glitchcore is a buzzword since it's not an actual genre, though I understand what you mean by it.
>There is good sample-based hip-hop
>There is no good non sample-based hip-hop
That's not proof, just more baseless statements.

All music nowadays has degraded to simple minded music that have no meaning. Video game music is diverse and ranges from jazzy music to symphonic orchestral music. The Elder Scrolls games osts beat 99,99% of the modern music made today. Same for Final Fantasy VII and X. Just listen to Return to Zanarkand and feel the emotion that even the likes of Beethoven and Mozart did.

Sure I could listen to the amazing clasics from the 70s like Queen or AC/DC but when it comes to modern music its video games and anime that carry the torch of actual intelligently written music.

So fuck you OP and your shitpost thread. I'm not going to listen to your garbage like Drake, Kanye West and Miley Cyrus.

lmao

EL-P
Jonwayne
some of kanye
flockaveli

just a few

>It does if you speak english
It makes sense syntactically but not it's not relevant to what I said.
>You use "second-rate" as a buzzword since you admit it didn't have importance since you believe all glitchcore to be shit.
second-rate
ˌsɛk(ə)ndˈreJt/
adjective
adjective: second-rate
of mediocre or inferior quality.
???
>That's not proof, just more baseless statements.
They're not baseless.

>good

kek, would have been good bait if you didn't include the videog ost part

>>good
>meme
bye and stay pleb

>b-but second-rate has an actual defination
But you saying "second-rate" was pointless to what you were saying since you already consider glitchcore to be bad. When is this gonna get through to you?
>it's not baseless because I said it's not baseless
Simply saying it's bad is baseless. You haven't provided any reason as to why non-sample based hip-hop as a whole is worse, because you can't.

>But you saying "second-rate" was pointless to what you were saying since you already consider glitchcore to be bad.
No it wasn't. Are you saying I should've just called it glitchcore and assumed everyone else would already know I consider glitchcore to be bad? Are you autistic?
>Simply saying it's bad is baseless. You haven't provided any reason as to why non-sample based hip-hop as a whole is worse, because you can't.
See >There is good sample-based hip-hop

>meme critic
keep telling yourself that buddy

>someone who literally noone knows expresses his opinion
>somehow this invalidates the opinion of every other 7 billion humans on the planet

Ok user

add 1 to anything to rescale the ratings to a human perspective and its perfect

have you read Scaruffi's reviews? they're fucking terrible
he's only discussed here because he's "le contrarian man"

are you implying p4k and fantano ones are better? please don't

show me where in my fucking post I implied that

>7 billion humans think Death Grips are good
the vacuum of space cant be worse than this

7/10 is quite high for le spaghetti pedo man

he always inflates the score of debuts for some reason
he gave Pablo Honey a 6.5

Remember that scaruffi heavily underrates glitchy sounding hip hop albums.

Atrocity Exhibition
Yeezus
Boy in Da Corner
Exmilitary

I think he'll change exmilitary to a 7.5 after a couple years, but the rest will stay.

>Laughing Stock (Verve, 1991) continues in the same pattern: six pieces, six long trance. The training is a real chamber ensemble: Lee Harris (drums), Mark Feltham (harmonica), Martin Ditchman (percussion), Mark Hollis (guitar, keyboards), Tim Greene (keyboards), more viola, cello, trumpet, horn, clarinet, double bass. Myrrhman proceeds in slow motion, slipping on dilated blues guitar chords and stumbling in jazz trumpet phrases, sinking into funereal drone of a string section. Taphead is equally spectral, crossed by drones stabbing keyboards and trumpets of a confused buzz of arcs. The vibrant rhythmic jazz and crooning desolate push Ascension Day and New Grass (a tour de force of nine minutes) in favorites territories of Van Morrison. Still a deep religious sense, almost apocalyptic, choking After The Flood: a cyclical beat, a chant almost Indian, a confused noise of substrate, a gospel organ that flutters in the background. The baritone Mark Hollis is become a pure sound that creeps into cool jazz and rhythm and blues webs woven by the instruments. The disc is slightly below the previous year, but confirms the exceptional status of the leading forms.

now show me a better description of laughing stock

/thread

praise based scaruffi

samefag

>the best ones get the best rating
How is this bad?

Reminder.
>Albums are rated on this website as follows:
>10=best ever; 9=a masterpiece; 8=buy it now;
>7=buy it eventually; 6=buy it if you are a fan

Six is a good score desu.

>help im drowning in all these fucking adjectives

>s-samefag
laughable

>Adjectives are used to describe things

>Are you saying I should've just called it glitchcore and assumed everyone else would already know I consider glitchcore to be bad?
If it's so obvious to you then yes. If people don't understand that then that's their problem
>>There is good sample-based hip-hop
>>There is no good non sample-based hip-hop
That's not proof, give me an actual analysis of acclaimed sample based and non-sample based hip hop and compare them and show me how one is better than the other.

>buy it eventually
>free mixtape
scaruffi exposed?

>here let me describe this album to you instead of writing about what the messages of the album and what it represents

that's not a good description
also, describing songs of an album and then saying "it's good" is not a review

>the messages

Those are not bad scores for Scruffles tho. In any case he knows fuck all about hip hop

Pleb babby can't into critical analysis

>Autobahn (1974) finally abandoned any intellectual pretense and laid the foundations of disco-pop, but now their operation of "black exploitation" was not all that different from what Presley and the Beatles had done: 1. take black music, 2. remove the provocative elements, 3. enhance it with modern technology, 4. and turn it into easy-listening music for the white masses.
genius.

He's not wrong

explain how that makes sense in any way
Scaruffi is a fucking idiot and the only people who would think that review is reasonable are his braindead followers

I can't believe you started an argument in a scaruffi thread with the words "The fact that-"

I just don't like Kraftwerk
His reviews of music he doesn't like and especially pop music are usually Christgau-tier. Read his analyses of some of his top rock albums, they're actually pretty good most of the time

These are good scores

Are you implying anyone actually likes shit grips?

WHAT THE FUCK MAN
I KNOW PEOPLE DON'T LIKE DEATH GRIPS
BUT IS GOING TOO FAR
I HATE MY LIFE AND WANT TO KILL MYSELF
AND THIS GUY JUST SHAT ON THE ONLY THING I LIKE IN THIS WORLD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

'ep' - 7.7/10
exmil - 9.0/10
live from dv - 8.6/10
tms - 8.9/10
nldw - 9.9/10
govt plates - 8.3/10
Notm - 9.8/10
fw - 7.2/10
JD - 9.2/10
Interview 9.8/10
Bottomless Pit 9.0/10

Am I wrong if I like Interview more than Exmilitary?

hes right about (lame) nldw
he also named mc ride as vocals of the year and dg band of the year
oh and he thinks beyond alive is a legendary track which is sick, its my favorite dg song of them all

by scaruffi's standards, those aren't bad scores honestly

So Death Grips is as good as Blink 182?

THE FACT THAT

Now I get why every one hates this guy. Also why are the only two music reviewers Sup Forums cares about italian?

He is a lana-fag

No, you can't have an opinion.

scaruffi gave death grips better scores than them though

Exmilitary and Jenny Death are definitely the best and also 6.5+ are good ratings for him