Now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict?

Now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZt7PPjpKuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Decent 4

I want fanthony shills to leave

7/10

It's shit

Pelican is the thinking man's Mastodon

pelican is the nu-male brainlet's ISIS

Is there any real reason you're calling them nu-male? I will drop them if they do faggy shit like support bernie sanders or donate to breast cancer.

Didn't do much for me.

Their best since Crack the Skye.

boring and flat

Their best since Once More Round The Sun

im not even questioning anymore why everything is up for free in youtube but heres the full thing

youtube.com/watch?v=BZt7PPjpKuA

my boyfriend loves it

there´s like million EPs out there that sound exatcly the same
this is so stale compared to say Dragonforce

dying 90´s shit/5

...this would be the case whatever the quality of the album was

G'won then, should I bother getting into Mastodon, coming from a non-metal fan, or would I not like it. My backlog is already huge this year and I don't want to add more to it, though at the same time I've heard very good things about Leviathan.

The real tragedy with nu-Mastodon is that they aren't even that awful taken in isolation. Whenever they put out a new album I'll listen to it and think 'hey, that was alright besides a few cringe moments' and then i'll get the urge to go back and listen to their pre-Hunter stuff and the leap in quality is just so jarring. I think it'd be a lot easier to swallow had they dropped the Mastodon name after Crack the Skye and formed a new band or something, but obviously that wouldn't have been a very lucrative move from a marketing perspective

Crack the Skye is their masterpiece imo and probably has more to offer to a non-metal fan than Leviathan. But you should listen to both before writing them off

Pelican is the EITS of metal

I agree with the user who rec'd crack the skye. It's very good and has more appeal to the non-metal fan due to more cleanly sung vocals than leviathan. I personally enjoy leviathan more but for a first listen you can't go wrong with either, leviathan definitely is more about harsh vocals and heavy guitars than cts

oblivion is the song that ruined this band. it's a great song with a great chorus, but they decided to just do a shit version of that in every song thereafter

8/10

Best since Crack the Skye