Tfw may live in a 3rd world country but at least we have functional police forces

>tfw may live in a 3rd world country but at least we have functional police forces

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1hkwwJddj0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>American police forces
>functional

They shoot to kill, therefore functional. And their response times aren't too bad.

Compared to the rest of the world, we have the best police.

>Compared to the rest of the world, we have the best police.

Our police can't even do basic levels of police work and I'd still rather them than yours.

This isn't a 3rd world country, and the police force is for sure functional.

Functional is not to be confused with optimal. It would take a superhuman police force to keep the niggers in Chicago from killing eachother.

>Compared to the rest of the world, we have the best police.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Not sure if I'd want British cops over here, except maybe in New England. Poor bastards would get massacred in Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, or New Orleans.

youtube.com/watch?v=1hkwwJddj0E

I don't think they're functional or optimal. They're often poorly-trained, underpaid, and not particularly interested in actually preventing crime.

It's fun when that happens, my dad got a new BMW about 10 years ago and we got pulled over a block from our house because the cop didn't think it was his.

I don't think British police could survive in any major US city. Maybe in a smaller city or a town of some kind.

>I don't think British police could survive in any major US city

They'd be completely fine in the vast majority of US cities. I just think they'd be fucked in the handful of ones that have areas which are legit warzones.

>I don't think they're functional
Literally retarded

How are you using the word "functional"? As in "they're useful and do their job well", or "they literally serve a function in society"? Because if it's the latter, then sure, I guess the police are functional. But then by that definition pretty much all police forces are functional.

Wait until you got more niggers and Muslims. Your police aren't rough enough to do actual police work.

>This isn't a 3rd world country,
That is wrong though.

>How did you come to that conclusion?
What other country has a police as well equipped as ours? What we lack in intelligence, we (our police) make up for in resources and technology. Our police probably aren't smart enough to know their actual job duties, but all we need are for them to be able to shoot somebody quickly and swiftly. Anything else is extra. America is a third world country, we need a violent police force that protects the rest of the country, otherwise we'd be like South Africa or Brazil and be forced to hire third party corporate security companies.

That was a nigger you replied to, so obviously he doesn't like police.

>I don't think British police could survive in any major US city. Maybe in a smaller city or a town of some kind.
Jap police could.

>Our police probably aren't smart enough to know their actual job duties, but all we need are for them to be able to shoot somebody quickly and swiftly. Anything else is extra

This is the retarded mentality that makes most of our police forces so dysfunctional in the first place.

Why is that?

>That is wrong though.
He's not wrong. Saying America is 3rd world a shitty, edgy meme.

>trying to determine if the police are functional

Alright, so what do police do? Enforce law, in short.

What does the word functional mean?
It means working or operating.

Therefor, we would expect a functional police force would, on the whole, enforce laws. What would a non-functional cop do? They would, on the whole, Permit, encourage or perform unlawful actives (Consider a cop who enforces a local fireworks ban on everyone, but lets his cousin shoot off a couple bottle rockets under his supervision. It would be stupid to claim he's not functional, he's clearly functional, but his judgement is flawed, he's not an optimal police officer. This is a concern, but he's still on the whole very functional.)

To suggest that police are not functional suggests that they are not furthering their SPECIFIC function in society (not just any fuction, as you suggested,) or are even on the whole being detrimental to their function in society. If you had a sufficiently criminal police force than this would be the the case of detriment, if you had a police force that was all recalled to protect and provide constant guard duties a political class in a collapsing government, they would be non-functional because they generally wouldn't be providing the law enforcement they once did, they would be serving a different function.

>implying
The last five cops that shot a bullet all got fired regardless of the circumstance. We have some of the most limp-wristed cops in the world.

[citation needed]

>Brazil and be forced to hire third party corporate security companies.