Which one is better and why is it TPAB

Which one is better and why is it TPAB

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/MusicSurvivorHipHopMarchMadness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TPAB is great because it inspired David Bowie on blackstar.

TPAB is probably the best hiphop album of all time

>kanye
>good

When will this meme end

>fuck white people the album is the best

TPAB is really great.
Not too sure about his new album, though.

Anyone saying that TPAB is better is a memester. MBDTF is a masterpiece.

MBDTF: 10
TPAB: 7

>muh memerap

>fuck poor people (and anyone that isn't me) the album is the best

Childhood is when you idolize MBDTF. Adulthood is when you realize TPAB makes more sense.

MBDTF is way too shallow to be better than TPAB

there are people in this world that actually think this?

Yes, they are called intelligent people who have good music taste

you meant redditors, right? Kanye is infinitely more talented and innovative than Kendrick.

Innovative sure, talented maybe, but he sure doesn't show it on his albums. Kanye has made good albums but both GKMC and TPAB are better than anything by Kanye

How come Kanye hasn't released anything good for over 5 years tho whilst Kendrick's dropping fire

back to /r/hiphopheads

>m-muh reddit is his only valid criticisim

Back to middle school with you

Class act.

is MBDTF just a meme?
like has anyone actually listened to it
runaway is the only good song
college dropout and late registration are better

is this even a question?
obviously MBDTF

nice bait

you are retarded desu

idk bout that, just mbdtf is like
not good

MBDTF is more important, TPAB is better musically

I don't really like either tbqh

How is Kill all white people: the album better than MBDTF?

>runaway is the only good song
You spelled Devil in a New Dress wrong

please can someone explain to me why mbdtf is considered good? i feel like you dont even listen to it

IT ISNT GOOD
CD AND LR ARE BETTER
THIS DOESNT MAKE SENSE

>Too dumb to even understand TPAB
>Thinks his opinions about hip-hop matter

just answer my question

>says album that has literally 0 lines about black over white is "kill whitey"
>praises the album that literally has a black man fucking a white woman on it's cover

I don't understand cucks these days

It pushed the envelope for hip-hop and attempted to elevate it to a higher art, incorporating longer and more complex song structures, ornate arrangements, self-aware lyrics and a general higher level of artistry than you would typically see in rap music. It's basically post hip-hop.

That said, being innovative doesn't necessarily equate to being good. I agree that it's a pretty mediocre album and Late Registration is much better.

>muh jazz rap
>muh racism
vs
masterpiece

thank you
honestly first time someone responded without the normal
>it kanye retard it best album of all time

well for one tpab isnt about killing whites at all
next mbdtf is musically shit

how is it musically shit?

how abt b4 the 5 years when kanye done did fucked the industry multiple times lmao nikka dont talk when u dont walk

it
sounds
bad

the
music
hurts
my
ears

Looks like top 40 pop is more up your alley

explain to me how kanye going
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
sounds good

its only me but i much prefer mbdtf than the we wuz dindu all whiteys fault album

everyone with a brain does

literally every single mbdtf tard's only reason for their shit opinion is that tpab is about killing whites when it isnt

TPAB: 10/10
MBDTF: 11/10

mbdtf is also mixed like shit
the quality fucking sucks and it isnt on purpose except for that monster sample
which doesnt add anything to the song by the way

Ye they're just following the meme and haven't actually given the full album a listen to. This thread attracts people who think mbdtf was Kanye's best so retards will be retards.

I'm not saying that tpab is a bad album but I don't get how its praise as a modern masterpiece, yes its the better hip-hop album right now but I don't get how its like the wonder of hip-hop. Honestly and I know I'm going to get bash for this but I feel Danny's latest album is much better than Kendrick's.

listen to TBTB

"I AM THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE OF 2015"

>song criticising black-on-black violence and calling out his own hypocrisy and by extension the hypocrisy of the entire BLM movement
>kill whitey

Yeah, raptards in general are either under 16 or brain damaged.

Are you sure thats the context?

Pablo is better than both of these albums.

And this album is better than all those albums put together.

MBDTF is better by far.

lol

Too different to ever compare imo.

I can agree if someone would compare TPAB with CD, since they have tons of similarities (conscious, sample a not much used in the mainstream black genre), but MBDTF is braggy as fuck and it wears it on its sleeve, and even manages to elevate this bragging to something higher, even throwing some selfawareness in.

Meanwhile TPAB is too consumed in its concept and message to care about providing an awesome listening experience throughout. All in all, MBDTF is a better art piece, aesthetically.

It's literally the other way around.

mbdtf is more varied and more interesting sounding imo

i just really can't get into k. dot for some reason idk, his album is probably more 'important' even if it'll be dated within a decade or so.

It is straight up documented that Bowies biggest influences on Blackstar were Kendrick and Death Grips. That is not a meme it's a fact. He said it himself

Never my dude, he's this generation's closest thing to Einstein.

wtf i think its real now

>one butthurt Kendrick stan samefagging through the whole thread
Power alone shits on TPAB

When did Bowie start rapping about the plight of the blacks at the hand of the white man, and thegeneral social commentary.

All the goofy esoteric spooky lyrics can probably be credited to DG.

I'm just asking for a genealogy of Blackstar's music inspiration.

Blackstar is amateur "music" that most amateurs would be ashamed to release. Not surprised it was inspired by TPAB.

good kid, m.a.a.d city is better than to pimp a butterfly.

/thread

So that why blackstar is such a piece of shit album

Kendrick Duckworth Lamar is every conceivable old-school and contemporary hip-hop trope blended together in a ham-fisted way and repackaged for a braindead modern audience.

I wish it was so every kanye stan alibaba yeezy wearing thin lipped 14 year old sunburned suburban cracker retarded enough to think that would get killed

MBDTAF explores more interesting and universal thematic archetypes. It can be transcendental at times.

TPAB is much more clearly a set of musings by an artist. It is much more easily deconstructed.

Kanye is Nietzschean while Kendrick is Hegelian. Of the 2 only MBDTF strives, TPAB just synthesizes with the racist ->antiracist -> synthesized-racism dialectic.

/thread

>Kanye is Nietzschean
>this is supposed to be a compliment
>mfw

Your make strange faces.

It's not necessarily a compliment but an observation. I find most people that react this way to Nietzsche have never read or tried to analyze his work.

i swear to god all of you kanye stans are complete retards

>I just learned these new words: The post

dude said MBDTF was transcendental ahahah

>I find most people that react this way to Nietzsche have never read or tried to analyze his work.
so do most of the people who claim to like him

>I'm assblasted and have no argument

>too retarded to comprehend what kanye did in MBDTF
>oh well kendrick lyrics sound more complex that means the album must be better

>album that literally redefined the genre of hip-hop
>album about muh black lives and kill white people

Gee, what do you think, OP?

>Album that literally redefined the genre of hip hop
>Carries 0 influence to any hip hop that came out after

Really makes you think

I'm so sick of this narrative being pushed by clueless anons who got their opinions from critics. How did MBDTF "redefine" hip hop user?

I didn't get into Kanye at times of MBDTF, so can you provide any examples/albums of MBDTF influence, besides corny stuff like Khaled?

If anything, 808 is seen as a much more impactful album, hell, even Graduation moved pop rap into the spotlight, MBDTF is a great record, but I won't call it that influential

because they've never heard a hip hop album that puts as much effort into the instrumentals as it does the lyrics in their life before

Anything Madlib

If I'm interpretating what you're saying right, it's something I see a lot on this board and elsewhere

"I used to just listen to prog metal, but then I listened to MBDTF because of it's critical acclaim and it changed everything..."

I've listened to hip hop since I was a kid so I never got the hype. A good album, no doubt, but massively overrated.

so much this

>Hurr durr instead of arguing with the guy who made a claim I'll just tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about
If you don't see why a Nietzsche - Hegel comparison is a coherent and meaningful thing to do you haven't read Nietzsche.

Kanye's music exemplifies a strong individual will trying to make a mark on the world, kendrick is trying to assert idealistic moral truths.

Read the Gay Science, and Twilight of the Idols

ok bitch nigga

>There will always be people butt-blasted by Nietzsche
>Expressing philosophical ideas will always be met with accusations of pseudo-intellectualism

obviously people who dont like mbdtf come from reddit
theres a reason that its Sup Forumscore

>It's 2017
There are people who still don't know that all music ALL OF IT, is just artists sniffing their own farts.

A skinny fist should be holding the banana.

>MBDTAF explores more interesting and universal thematic archetypes. It can be transcendental at times.

>TPAB is much more clearly a set of musings by an artist. It is much more easily deconstructed.

other way around actually

>Kanye is Nietzschean while Kendrick is Hegelian

you're not smart for namedropping philosophers literally anyone with a basic interest in philosophy knows about

I like it but calling people who don't like it reddit is pretty ironic since reddit just voted on their favourite hip hop album and guess what won. Yeah, exactly.

challonge.com/MusicSurvivorHipHopMarchMadness

>>too retarded to comprehend what kanye did in MBDTF

what did he do?

used pianos, guitars and sampled king crimson.

10/10

Kanyefags BTFO

Humble is derivative and mediocre

you literally can't be over 12 and liking hip-hop music
if you do, you're probably autistic

yeah because no hip-hop album ever used pianos, guitars or samples before Kanye.