What good alternatives are there to jameson for 20 dollar irish whiskeys

what good alternatives are there to jameson for 20 dollar irish whiskeys

you really can't go wrong with jamsons so im not going to suggest anything else :p

no better alternative.

Jameson is the best you can get for the price, you're already mid shelf Op, no need to go lower.

what costs jack daniels in US?

germany its 18,99 euros, which means 20.40 USD atm

well they sell much bigger bottles of jack daniels so they probably get it for much much cheaper

Powers is one alternative, some variants are particularly strong. Bushmills is delicious and very smooth (my personal favourite)

i was just wondering because jameson is all ive really had when it comes to irish whiskey before,i tried bushmills black bush once but i still perfer jameson over it

ops, necessary info...

0.7 l is normal bottle. but there are also 1.0 l

2Gingers

i suggest Drambuie its very good you'd like it

in addition: 291,4 USD/l (Liter) is german price

btw jim beam is way cheaper. sometimes there are offers of 10 euro/bottle (0.7l)

youll find the typo guys

THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE TO JAMO

>Bushmills
My nigga. This.

IRISH whiskey boys. Gtfo with that Jim beam and JD shit. In here we dip our whiskey on rocks, not mixed with fizzy flavor water or as an uncultured "shot."

>bushmillls and powers are good alternatives
Pic unrelated, but delicious

House of stuart

Why do you Irish and Scottish faggots turn into such fedora tipping cringelords about liquor?

One of the jameson owners when in africa in 18xx bought a slave girl just to feed her to cannibals. Nice safari stuff. Says the tale

*drink

Around $30.00 depending on tax state to state. You can also buy a barrel of the stuff from the distillery for around $4000.

I'm American, and I never really liked American whisky. I prefer scotch or Irish.

Cuz they're all alcoholics and that's all they've got to talk about

Because it's the way you're supposed to drink that stuff. American whiskey is for mixers, UK whiskey is for sipping. That's what they're crafted for. Look it up you uncultured swine.

This is meThe Glenlivet is one of my favorites, like liquid gold.

Jameson is a $20 dollar whiskey around here, why do an alternative?

Glenlivet 12 is wonderful. Good flavor, goes down easy and isn't too peat heavy.

However, you sound like an elitist cunt. Drink however you want to drink.

Just finished a bottle of Jameson caskmates, because I'm a drunk.

There's nothing really wrong with the point itself, it's just the way you autists always convey the point, like le supreme gentlemen.

Have you tried Rye whiskey, bulleit and rittenhouse can be found for under 30$

>Look it up you uncultured swine.
Hahahaha, ten UK bucks that you have no real friends.

Sounds like you need some good corn liquor friend, $20 a jar straight from the hills, 180 proof.

i know i know. they offer this stuff here also.

i like edradour, pic related. but as im mix whisky with coke a lot i prefer cheap shit like jim beam or even cheaper.

the averaged $30 you mentioned is $/Liter ?

>so why do an alternative

i dont know,99 percent of the time i buy jameson when i get irish whiskey.i just figured maybe id try something new

forgot pic

moonshine? that stuff is god awful,id rather buy cheap vodka

$30 for a fifth. And if you're mixing it, hell just buy a gallon of governors club for $15.

Well, it's not the shine you buy in stores, the good stuff doesn't even burn until its already down. Shit is everywhere here where I live, even the cops are in on it. No fucking joke.

fifth of gallon, correct ? thats about 0.9 Liter.

we got some cheap whiskey in range of a euro per 0.1 liter, i already go as deep as possible here. :)

if you dont buy it in stores,then where the fuck do you get it.i dont live in some backwords hillbilly place that people make it in there garage or something

not drinking your whiskey neat

Not drinking your whiskey with whiskey stones

>not knowing how to greentext

Start drinking gin

how much is paddys over there? paddys is very good too

i used to drink gin,but then i had to cut back on alcohol.now i usually just make irish coffee's with something like jameson

whiskey stones are for fags. you probably use a paper umbrella too.

go lick moot's balls

Too bad, I never had any respect for the British until started drinking gin.

I wish I could but he's gone.

>how do you greentext

I also love to suck girls feminine dicks. Your point?

Got a problem, come get your dick sucked faggot.

moot doesnt even own Sup Forums anymore,i thought some chink did now

Well, they don't make it in their garage. And most of the people making it have been doing so for generations. When I moved to this area I was shocked at how prevalent it is. And if anything, they take the term hillbilly and redneck like a badge of honor. This is where the term redneck originated, during the coal mine wars they'd tie red bandanas around their necks so they could identify each other. I used to talk shit about them too user, until I understood the culture.

Tullamore Dew

Or Bushmills

damn immigrants taking our jobs.

Just bought a bottle today. That shit is like $34 now! !

>Bushmills

Eh, no. Watery trash. Black bush is a different story

for regular jameson? where the fuck do you live

> black bush
tasty

This runs about $64.00 after tax here in the states.

maybe the connemara peated single malt

if i wanted to get cheap bullshit id go with md 20/20 or boones farm

Here's a slightly more expensive option but if you like Jameson you'll fucking love this

This shit is pretty damn good to drink straight and im a jameson guy

Rum and whisky are two way different things user.

Satoshi

We think it's a waste to spend a lot of money on a good tasting drink only to mix it with an artificially flavored one that overpowers it. It would be like putting ketchup on an expensive steak. I mix MacGregor with gingerale or coke, and will make hot toddys with good scotch. It's called getting your moneys worth. If you don't like whisky neat there is zero reason to buy a good one, they're just to expensive.

Tullamore is superior.

Another options are Black&White, Paddy, Teachers, Old Smuggler, Killbegan. Prices may vary around the world, tho.

Have you ever tried not being a total autistic fuck?

test

Try Bushmills and decide for yourself. People do tend to say the Black Bush blows it out of the water, but, I don't really think understand it.

What do people here think of using affordable Irish whiskies (Jameson, Black Bush) to make an old fashioned?

>inb4 purists

*too
Also, drinking Isle of Skye 8 year. Good for the price. Tastes very sweet, goes down nice. I would recommend it for a first time whisky drinker. $30 at my local store.

test

i wasnt really impressed with black bush,plus the faggots at the store i bought it from fucked up and put the wrong price on it.so i had to pay more then what was listed

It's up to you. I'm not of the opinion that there's something holy about whiskey.

imo:
1 tullamore dew
2 jameson
3 powers
4 michael collins

Have you tried Bushmills (not Black Bush)? Fuckers.

I was just wondering if I were missing out on something not using Bourbon. Probably not.

>not black bush

but thats still bushmills though,and no.the only bushmills ive tried was black bush

Try both. I'd personally go for the Bourbon though. American whiskey tends to have more robust flavors that can be tasted in mixes. Irish and Scottish are more delicate. Entirely up to you though.

I can get 750 mL for ~25 USD, but you can get the 1.5L for 38 at wholesale retailers

Yeah sorry, I meant to ask whether or not you had tried bushmills "original irish whisky", I just phrased it poorly. Are you the OP who's looking for something other than Jameson? If so I would at least try it once in a bar.

Which affordable bourbon would you recommend? I live in Ireland, but I imagine I can get my hands a fair number of bourbons.

Old Gran Dad is cheap and flavorful, but not something I would drink neat. It's what the bars here stock.

ya,im the op who's looking for something other than jameson

Dude, treat yourself Jameson is a fine irish for this price. Try one from Teeling they are not that expensive and really good.

Jameson is my drink of choice, but when I'm on a budget I do Early Times Kentucky whiskey

ive drank a jameson old fashioned before,i dont know.old fashioned's just seem like a drink that people who cant handle their alcohol straight would get,and i seem to do fine with drinking(at least when it comes to bourbon,irish whiskey and scotch)hard liquior straight