>24
>masters degree in aero engineering
>just graduated
>no debt (thank fuck)

If you had this, Sup Forums, what the fuck would you go and do with yourself?

bump

it's nicer to fly them than design them.

get a job?

I was in that situation, almost exactly.

Got a job paying $70000 a week after graduating

Spent on some decent furniture and electronics, bought some hobby stuff here and there, saved a lot and 401(k)ed a lot

Couple of years later got a job offering $85000 and nice area. Move there but dont know anybody. Decide to save up for house cause nothing else to waste money on.

Only there 5 months and then have diagnosed with horrible disease. The tl;dr is all savings went to medical bills, multiple surgeries, currently disables and cant work, had to sell lots of stuff and move back with my parents.

Currently have no money, no job, few possessions, and crippling pain. At least I have money to retire on in 40 years.

My advice is to have fun and enjoy the money while you can. Wish I had, would have been bankrupt either way with at least some memories.

You're 24 and you have no debt. Get a Ph.D. Although you'll end up with a little debt, you can create way more opportunities for yourself. Research positions are kickass.

If you are a workaholic type, you could get experience with some type of software and then do contract work.

You can get really high paying and long workweek hourly contract jobs for 6 months or a year.

Do that for a few years without spending much and then have a huge pile of money.

Wouldn't recommend unless you are the workaholic type or really want to buy a house cash in a few years.

Even better, work for a year or two and then go for doctorate.

Most doctoral programs will pay most your expenses, but having some savings to go off of at the same time would be awesome.

Appears OP went with the ever popular "abandon thread and kys" option

70000 a week or a year?

Haha, apology for my poor grammar.

A week after graduating I was offered a salaried job of $70,000 a year.

I think $70,000 a week is reserved for CEOs and drug dealers

Can you make an object fly without wings

what's the hard bit about aerospace engineering? i mean, what about the job is "hard" per se? isn't it just a series of calculations based on lift and drag and shit? can't a computer do that?

Thats lift off. Thats easy but how can we fly without wings

just walk

>non-laminar fluid flow, vorticies
>controls, stability, guidance and navigation
>vibration, structural loads, material properties and selection
>gas dynamics for rocket engines/motors, flutter on wings, turbine physics

A copmuter can do most of this stuff, but it will do whatever you tell it to do. Hence having the engineer to tell the computer correctly what to do and then to verify it did what we wanted it to do.

And its not really that much harder than other engineering disciplines. Each one has their own nuances and difficulties.

You fags have it all wrong. Work at Starbucks op

Not qualified.

I believe one of the requirements is a B.A. in humanities.

diagonalization matrices make me want to kill myself

Agree, nothing like 600000x600000 non-linear damping matrix that you have to somehow get a computer to analyze without having analysis time measured in months.