I don't know what to do Sup Forums. My dog is 10 years old. Apparently they live for 12-15 years...

I don't know what to do Sup Forums. My dog is 10 years old. Apparently they live for 12-15 years, but he is starting to get really skinny, he throws up almost everything we feed him, and he's getting less and less active.

What should I do? Pic related it's what they look like.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GVmeeYwEiQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot to mention, he's an Australian Cattle Dog.

put him down. he's dyin, yo.

at least take his ass to the vet. be a man.

We took him to the vet, and the vet said they can put him down, but I don't know if having a vet euthanize him is the best option. I don't want him to die scared. He hasn't been whining or showing any signs of obvious pain.

Did they not give you an actual diagnosis beyond "he's getting old"? Look, to my knowledge, puking isn't really normal, even for older dogs. But keep in mind that dogs aren't as good at communicating pain as we are. If you don't want him to die scared, then buy a gun and do it yourself.

If not, take him to another vet and get a solid confirmation that it's just old age.

user my name is Joel. I've owned 4 Australian cattle dogs so far in my life.

One in your OP pic looks just like Gilbert my 6th birthday gift from my dad. When he was 16 I had to take him to the vet and let him go.

I've done this 3 times now.
Please listen. He wont be scared.... he wont be scared as long as you are WITH HIM when the vet injects him.

user... stay with him until the final breath.

user if he is suffering, please... make it easy for him and end the suffering.

JUST BE THERE!

it hurts so much typing this but I want you to know. you're not alone in this hard choice. But when it's time it's time.

They're so smart and full of life and energy it's sad they only live for so long.

Give it time and heal. Move on fill that void with a new little Blue Healer pup.

It's the cycle of life.

We are also worried about bills, do the Euthanizations cost a lot?

Is he sensitive on the left side? Have him checked for liver cancer. It's every bit as common in dogs as in humans. They just can't complain of the pain.

Shouldn't be more than 100-200 at most. Most vets, especially in circumstances like these, will let you pay in installments or accept some special insurance cards (we took carecredit fwiw)

Do right by your boy, OP

A while ago he had some boils or pustules appear on his ear and stomach. We did not have enough money to take him to the vet, but they went away after a while.

Could be GI blockage... but a veterinarian usually tells you things like that...

Take your dog out for a nice small meal - something he/she won't throw up.

Grab your .44 Magnum and head out to the country.

Reminisce with your best friend and get him tired when he closes his eyes, shoot him in the back of the head.

Put him in his favorite blanket/any sheet and have him cremated.

Scatter his ashes when it's not so painful any more (1-2 years later).

Shut UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Fuck you, Joe.

No Dog should be taken to the Vets and be subjected to that anxious/scary experience, and have strangers come in and stick his vein with a needle, and inject him with chemicals that burn their veins and hurt. He also don't deserve the very real chance, albeit slim, of having an adverse reaction to the drugs and OP being traumatized for the rest of his life, and ops best friend dying an agonizing, inhumane death.

Your dog is your best friend, you're his shepherd. He relies on you to know when it's time and ease his pain and suffering.

Don't be a coward and let somebody else do your dirty work.

It's the only way

Here's the thing, user. I totally get where you're coming from, and in 9 out of 10 instances, I agree. Dogs should go out the way they came in--with their owners. But not everyone is that strong, and not every dog is terrified of the vet. I worked at a vet for a few years, and I loved every single bloody, shit-covered minute of it.

And sure, I could tell you stories about fucked-up cases and ugly shit 'till the cows come home, but I couldn't tell you about any of the dogs who've died under my direct supervision because they all went the exact same way: peacefully, surrounded by loved ones in a specially-furnished cozy room with every possible precaution taken to make their journey painless. If OP thinks it's time to go, then I would rather he and his boy take the easy way out than to prolong the dog's suffering or force OP to do something he might not be ready for.

lolololol. how rewd

Checked.

Yeah, well, I think being able to take your dog in to the Vet's office and have other people kill your dog is fucked up. I can't get around that.

I've had to shoot 1 dog so far I had from 8 weeks old until 15. My second is coming up soon at only 6 this time. I'd never pawn that load of responsibility off on to some stranger that doesn't know my dog or quite frankly give a shit. It's just a job to them.

FUCK!!!
you just reminded me that my dog is old and he's probably going to die one of these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVmeeYwEiQw

Death is a part of life.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but that's the reason euthanasia was invented, because shooting a dog isn't a guaranteed or painless way to put them down.

Of course i just wish him to die painlessly but that's asking too much

Here's the thing about that, because you've clearly never shot an animal in the head. It doesn't instantly kill them like it does in the movies, there's a chance it'll suffer for at least a few seconds and that's if you don't FUCK UP THE SHOT. Getting it put down is fine,

This guy is a fuckwit who knows nothing.

Do what this guy said. And be there with him. Dont be scared about crying in front of the vet. They see it every day.

He wouldn't leave you. Remember that

A bullet through the eyes in their sleep is the only way. Sorry to tell you but euthanasia is a horrifying experience for any person, regardless of how painless and "humane" it may be.

Also worth mentioning dogs are perceptive. You need not tell them you're leading them to their death, your actions and demeanor is whats giving them anxiety. They're too loyal to you in the end and, at that point too worn out to fight it.

Dont be a fucking pussy. Its an animal you raised and loved yourself. You wouldnt drag your mother to the doctor on her deathbed.

Idk about the vets office close to you but the one in my town will come to your house and put your dog down. It was very nice when we had to put our dog down over the summer. She got to be at home with us as I pet her and calmed her

Ive recently put down my blue heeler, she had eaten a soccer ball and it got jammed in her entestine and she couldnt eat or walk, they did surgery thats how we found this out and put her down, best of luck man!