youtube.com/watch?v=WmYFpiCo1-g
screenrant.com/ghostbusters-box-office-opening-weekend/
vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah

Looks like I'm going to see The Secret Life of Pets this weekend

Warcraft made 3.1 million on it's Thursdays night, this tracking similar to that movie and it doesn't even have China to save it's ass.

Ghostbusters is losing to some animated children movie that's in its second week and that's considered a success? Damn, this movie is gonna bomb hard.

What a waste of your time and money. There's 1,000,000 better ways to play politics than throwing money into either corner of hollywood.

youtube.com/watch?v=WmYFpiCo1-g

>Alleged "news" articles consisting of "It's still good! It's still good!"

Couldn't you just shill for a GOOD movie?

DAMMIT

I have $5 on pets, it better step up Saturday and Sunday afternoon

PLEASE, GO SEE OTHER MOVIES THIS WEEKEND

WE CAN'T LET THESE FEMINIST CUNTS WIN

WELP IM GOING TO SEE PETS

Just watch the original Ghostbusters this weekend.

screenrant.com/ghostbusters-box-office-opening-weekend/
>will probably lose to a kids movie that is on it's second week
>Even optimistic projections it will be btfo next week and will need to rely on foreign markets (without china mind you) to secure future installments
While not exactly bombing it has basically already failed.

Feminists will still call it a success

thanks you've just made me want to go see Ghostbusters

They kind of have to. Who honestly cares if studios don't try this again atleast for a few years? This has already damaged Sony pictures brand in my mind by engaging in the most hostile marketing I have ever seen.

Also as long as there is no sequal I will call it a victory regardless of what feminists and leftist media lapdogs say.

remember to spread this everywhere

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

HIS OWN WORDS

Its sad, I was actually looking forward to this movie......and then the trailer dropped

all i see is desperate damage control

> A Tentpole Summer Movie

> The Ghostbusters name

> All this free publicity from the SJW cuck brigade

> No one buying tickets for the premier showing that starts in 15 mins...

Yeah this film sure showed us

Saved.

Pets will blow it out of the water come Sunday. That's when kiddie matinee will really dominate. Ghosts has no chance. Come next week, it'll drop even further down the food chain as Star Trek will obliterate it and Pets will continue to dominate in the number two spot.

>Ghosts has no chance.

I guess you could say it doesn't stand a GHOST of a chance!

Yeah, it looks like GB with do 45-50 mil. Enough for feminists to claim victory.

But it will drop like a rock going forward. I see GB topping out at $100-115 mil domestic.

Tony is notorious for over estimating his numbers as news comes in.

You have to go back, Carlos

Does any other movie release get this kind of to the hour tracking and box office updates as news articles on multiple sites?

Am I seeing something that's not here?

protip: Sup Forums doesn't give two fucks about this. the ghostbusters marketing team that took up residence on Sup Forums does though. i wish you faggots the best.

Getting beat out by a fucking Pets movie?

>Yeah, it looks like GB with do 45-50 mil. Enough for feminists to claim victory.

Feig was talking about this and openly said:
> needs to make at least $500 million to be profitable

With China not even screening this and some major releases right around the corner this smells like a stinker.

I'm gonna go see dory tomorrow just out of spite

Deadline updates throughout the weekend for every single week

I'm now a #HillBuster

>"As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low."
>AT LEAST 500 million worldwide
>Without the #2 market in the world even showing it.

cucked

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

Sony has a history of doing super shitty viral marketing

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Would be amazing if their emails got hacked again

>beating The Secret life of Pets is the goal.

This is like the girl push ups of box office, even there the bar is set lower for female endeavors.

we should all go see Secret Life of Pets tomorrow just to fuck with them

I went and saw GB opening night (there was nothing else on) - biggest and best screen in the cinema (300+ seater) and there was about 12 people watching.

hahahaha

What did they think of it

Resounding meh.

So how was the ape woman

I do kind of want to see it...

I hear SLOP is pretty good

why do investor type people refer to movies by the last word in the title?

mfw Ghosters is a big hit

If it can't beat a two week old animated movie, it will get completely buried next week by Star Trek and Ice Age.

>getting beat by a fucking dog movie

I DON'T UNDERSTAND

WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN

But most geeks and nerds fucking hate this movie.

On my way to see it now :^)

THIS IS PROOF THE WHOLE WORLD IS MISOGYNIST!

HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO A MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATION YOU WOMAN HATING FUCKS!

I don't get what fedora bear is trying to say

he wants feminazis to fuck him

when this big marketing culture finally ends we are going to have a lot of existentialism to deal with

None of this shit actually matters and it gives me a headache to think that people believe it does. It'll do okay, get a sequel which will bomb, then nothing.

>Inb4 it's found out that Sony's ad department is buying up moving tickets to boost the ticket sales of ghostbusters to make it so that it at least is the #1 movie of the week.

>Isn't that far from a kiddie cartoon movie

This is not good news for something that's trying to be the next Avengers.

People realize that, right?

>The outcome of the culture wars
The outcome was the whole thing is a marketing ploy and the people who took it seriously were either retards or shills?

i read it as geeks and nerds are a minority group and almost had a bit of respect for dobson but then i read it again

I'm confused, are you saying Warcraft did worse than Ghostbusters?

Do you have any evidence to back this up looking at last week's ticket sales? Seriously curious about the claim you're making.

Ghostbuster's success or failure will have massive ramifications in terms of how people decide how to market products if this turns out to be successful. Because they'd be able to prove you can rebrand a product and completely shit on the old consumer base and still be profitable.

Life might be shitty now, but you don't want that to happen.

A little bit sure, but it's just about the same, and Warcraft went on to flop in the US, making all of its profit in a market Ghostbusters will literally never see.

>Because they'd be able to prove you can rebrand a product and completely shit on the old consumer base and still be profitable.
Haven't awful remakes/reboots been happening before Ghostbusters?

I hope you're right....

They have but this is the first time they banked their entire advertisement campaign on villianiizing one of the consumer demographics in order to create a draw for another group. This is how Anita Sarkisia got money from gullible idiots, but on a hundreds of millions of dollar scale.

To be fair the two movies that were saved by China had a massive interest already. Ghostbusters would have not done well there even if it was released in China.

There are easily enough women who will watch this film to get it to that number. Feminists and pretty much all women are sheep. They will declare this is the most awesome thing ever because YEAH GIRL POWER and it will be a huge success no matter how bad it sucks.

50 mil is not really good, expecially without china. Rest of the world don't really care about feminism bullshit, and UK is not doing really good

This is a 144 mil budget only, maybe 200/220: they will get a lot of money on merch, but Box office will probably stop to a 250 max

I think it might go even lower

>femme

Can you guys stop borrowing french words in an attempt to sound sophiticated? You're just sounding like a tool. Thanks -France

The idea that anyone legitimately thought this was making Avengers-level cash is more hilarious than any joke the movie had.

what the hell is a tentpole movie

>they will get a lot of money on merch
Only if they printed a bunch of XXL t shirts

A real boner of a movie.

>XXL
Try XXXXXXXXL

So if the film doesn't make atleast 500 million its a bomb, right?

Sony spent two billion dollars on advertising, so this movie needs to make five trillion dollars this weekend in order to be a success.

t. a film industry expert

no need to run us over with your condescension, Pierre. Try and be more Nice. Thanks.

no, it needs to make probably 400 to break even
a bomb is when it doesn't make enough to pay for itself.
Not a success isn't the same as a bomb

Merchandising is already dead. Toys on clearance before the movie even releases. Failed at every turn. It's over man, it's over.

not that, but stuff like food and beverage seems to be doing fine: after all nomrie dig nostalgia food like anything else

115 million in pure production budget with probably another 115 or 200 million in advertising budget
will need to make 200-300 million not including the toys/ and other byproducts sold for profit

movie is fucking doomed
the pet movie didnt have 100-200 million in advertising and i doubt it had 100+ million in production costs and will continue to beat ghostbusters and continue to rake in money and continue to not be such a shit stain of an existence as ghostbusters is needing SJWs to justify its existence because it has women on the cover. you know, because its actually a well written movie with good characters and strong feminine roles and doesn't need to depict men poorly to do it

Sure those ecto drinks sold out fast, but I don't think Sony gets paid for every juice box sold. They sell the license for the promo and get paid a certain amount. Either way, I don't known enough to figure out how that'll offset the cost of film production.

There's no fucking way they're going to sell $500 million worth of Ecto Cooler, delicious though it may be.

Actually it's 144 million after discount and before advertising.

>globalism and world wars forming
>islamists taking terror to the entire world
>our culture war is being able to watch movies about fat chicks

Are white women the most privileged group of people on the planet or what?

Hey dont understimate dogs user...

I miss vivian

>This is how Anita Sarkisia got money from gullible idiots
Don't tell me you believe Sarkesian was crowdfunded. A noone out of nowhere getting so much attention and she never had anything to do with games. She even said she disliked video games. Big media corpo cought redhanded on corruption of reviews created her whole persona, sponsored her since the beginning and focused their media attention on her writing about her all the time.

It won't be a bomb, but they want this to be the next Avengers, so if it doesn't do at least 500 mil, it'll be considered a disappointment.

I'd say it's fated to do a Green Lantern level 200 mil, but not without China.

What'll happen is that it will make most of its money in the opening week; Feminists will claim victory, even if it fails to get the 50 mil its hoping for ; and they'll forget about it and refuse to acknowledge the fact that it falls off terribly in the second week.

You're retarded to think the feminists will concede if the movie flops.

Hell, even the media is praising its mediocre RT score and Thursday box office like it's some kind of triumph.